View Poll Results: Deodorants / perfume vs natural BO?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only dance with clean, dry, freshly changed partners

5 5.81%
  • As much deodorant and as often as possible with perfume / aftershave!

41 47.67%
  • Deodorant please, but no perfume / aftershave

27 31.40%
  • I'll take (clean) natural BO anytime over any chemical deodorant...

13 15.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deodorants or natural ?

Registered User White Knuckle Ride's Avatar
    Originally posted by Sheena
    I'm all for people using deodorant to avoid being smelly,
    No need! As a bit of a health guru, I can say that the pong comes from two sources. First up is dead skin that even regular showering won't move. It needs a long soak in a bath, industrial strength exfolient and a large loofah! Saunas can help too. The next is body toxins being secreted through the pores. (As anyone who has done a ten day detox will tell you, these can be awesome!) This is a sign of the body running on empty. The answer? Just add water! For those who worry about being a bit "wiffy" take on water like a camel.
    On a similar theme, flatulance can be a problem for some as the core temperature rises. Again, take on water. However, if you're suffering repeated bouts of this then look to the long term. Avoid "white foods" (Pasta, dairy products, bread) and eat more wholegrains (Brown rice, oats, muesli with soya milk) Also use probiotic drinks (Actimel, Yakkult etc) These really sort it but take 2-3 weeks to kick in. However, if all else fails, flee the scene of the crime with a Columbian walk to the other side of the floor!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Bathing, in a recent interview Kate Beckinsale suggested that it was bizarre that Americans made such a big deal about everyone having bleached white teeth but they never took baths, just showers. Smelly people Americans - except Brady of course .

I used to spend a fortune on deodorant, until I realised that people just didn't like me anyway

(that was a joke by the way)

((or at least, I hope it was a joke))

Originally posted by Graham
    I think I may have done this on the other thread already, but I just want to clarify that I am completely in favour of deodorant, aftershave etc, and use both myself. It was the act of spraying aerosols in the confined space of the toilets which was my pet hate.

This being the case, it's all very well for the ladies to be in favour of the men spraying on 20 gallons of smelly stuff of an evening, but they don't have to suffer the after-effects!
    Agree, Hammersmith toilets are full of people spraying their sweat with tons of deodorant makes them smell worse I think

I think a good hand dryer is ok

Originally posted by John S
    [
    So I hope a shower beforehand and an application of deodorant, along with a suitcase full of dry shirts, will see me through the night without offending anyone too much - [/B]
    Having returned from a weekend at Southport having used 35 shirts and 8 pairs of trousers. I hope I changed enough to maintain friendships with the many lady dancers.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by White Knuckle Ride
    However, if all else fails, flee the scene of the crime with a Columbian walk to the other side of the floor!
    Thats ruined the Columbian walk for me forever now!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by under par
    Having returned from a weekend at Southport having used 35 shirts and 8 pairs of trousers. I hope I changed enough to maintain friendships with the many lady dancers.
    On the FRiday night at Southport I amlost started sweating when I walked into the room

Because I don't move a great deal I sweat less but don't tend to sweat a great deal anyway......... maybe because of all the water ( cheers White knuckle !!!). I did take a spare shirt but never got round to changing. But I do find that an 'airless' room makes me sweat more than dancing.

Also agree with Stewart re cans of deodorant - can literally take your breath away

Originally posted by under par
    8 pairs of trousers, I dont even have that many

I have never changed a shirt over just a weekend event ?

seriously not over one session

Re: Deodorants or natural ?

I think this guy has found the answer to smelly partners http://www.berek.net/pics/DSCN0507.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove
    I think this guy has found the answer to smelly partners http://www.berek.net/pics/DSCN0507.JPG

I hope they do different colours because that shade of red would clash with my shirt

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    Agree, Hammersmith toilets are full of people spraying their sweat with tons of deodorant makes them smell worse I think

I think a good hand dryer is ok
    I think Mr 38 is right about the hand dryer. I don't use a hand drier to dry off, I usually choose the start of a fast R&R track as a signal to go outside and cool down. I find that a 5 minute spell (2 R&R tracks) of wandering around outside allows my body to cool off and my persiration to evaporate: the moisture does the job nature put it there to do, lower the body temperature. Also, I find that washing my hands in cold water really cools me off too

On the subject of shirts, I usually take two spare shirts with me but often find I don't need them. My evaporation strategy seems to make one shirt last all night - but I do still find I need to occasionally towel the hair at the back of my neck

Last Friday at Ashtons I tried a new shirt. I'd noticed Adam Nathanson wearing a surfing 'rash vest' and thought I'd give one a go. I tried one on in the surf shop, the fabric is stretchy and very thin, it's fantastically comfy and actually felt cold on my skin. I wore the shirt all night, went outside to cool off 3 times and it worked really well - although people did comment that I looked like I was wearing a wetsuit, but it seemed to be an observation rather than a criticism. I thought it made me look like a superhero

..but then I am self-delusional

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I thought it made me look like a superhero
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I thought it made me look like a superhero
    More of a surfer

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    8 pairs of trousers, I dont even have that many

I have never changed a shirt over just a weekend event ?

seriously not over one session
    Some of us are unfortunate enough to have a very high perspiration rate, being aware of it is very important if you wish to dance regularly and maintain friendships.

I sweat a lot, I think the descriptive is "profusely" when dancing.

I swap shirts 4 to 6 times every evening I go dancing.

At a weekend event when you can be dancing from 2000 to 0500 for 3 nights.(You do IF you married to Mrs Par believe me!)

The need to swap trousers also becomes a necessity at some time through the night.

I would much rather I didn't have to change so much .......... then my ironing bill with Mrs Par's mum would be a darn sight cheaper than it is.

But knowing I do sweat so much I feel it is the least I can do for the benefit of the lady dancers is to be drip free!!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe
    I'm all for people using deodorant to avoid being smelly, I like the occassional whiff of after shave too - not the "so strong it stings the back of your throat stuff" but more subtle aromas are very pleasing.
    when you do just get a little whiff of something nice it can do oh so

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Some of us are unfortunate enough to have a very high perspiration rate, being aware of it is very important if you wish to dance regularly and maintain friendships.

I sweat a lot, I think the descriptive is "profusely" when dancing.

I swap shirts 4 to 6 times every evening I go dancing.

At a weekend event when you can be dancing from 2000 to 0500 for 3 nights.(You do IF you married to Mrs Par believe me!)

The need to swap trousers also becomes a necessity at some time through the night.

I would much rather I didn't have to change so much .......... then my ironing bill with Mrs Par's mum would be a darn sight cheaper than it is.

But knowing I do sweat so much I feel it is the least I can do for the benefit of the lady dancers is to be drip free!!
    Sorry for quoting myself but it was someone else who resurrected this thread!

I have noticed that more recently I haven't been using quite as many shirts maybe I am moving less, the BARKER effect!

Maybe I've lost weight!

Still dancing as much though. God Bless my mother in law she's still ironing for us

Donna

I find that a 5 minute spell (2 R&R tracks) of wandering around outside allows my body to cool off and my persiration to evaporate:
    Why don't you just use

'SURE...it won't let you down'

Thread Information