Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my big fat gypsy wedding

Re: my big fat gypsy wedding

maybe someone can correct me as I REALLY hope I heard it worng, but it seems next week's show delves further into the "grabbing" culture. I'm pretty sure in the trailer I heard 1 guy say "If you can't get a kiss, you have to beat them for one".... hmmmmmm!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alinp View Post
    maybe someone can correct me as I REALLY hope I heard it worng, but it seems next week's show delves further into the "grabbing" culture. I'm pretty sure in the trailer I heard 1 guy say "If you can't get a kiss, you have to beat them for one".... hmmmmmm!!!!
    sad i know but i cant wait. !!

Blog Entries

Just a reminder - on again tonight 9pm...

xxx

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually found tonights programme very upsetting and disturbing.

I'm shocked this goes on in Great Britain in 2011

Girls taken out of school from 12 and 13, to do housework and to be prevented from 'outside' influences

Hardly any of them can read or write and they seem to accept this as being OK.

I felt heartbroken for the young girl watching her sister get married, with the reality of her fate sinking in.

And as bizarre as the whole 'big fat' wedding theme is, I'm beginning to understand the 'real' meaning of it. Its the one and only day in a 'girl/woman's life, where she gets to feel important and special and I don't blame them for trying to make it the biggest, fanciest, most expensive day ever

And as for 'grabbing' I'm left speechless... even the boys admitted that the girls wouldn't like the experience

The whole programme was highly depressing IMO
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

p.s., I saw a Diamond incrusted DUMMY in a baby's mouth... surely thats got to be illegal?
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    p.s., I saw a Diamond incrusted DUMMY in a baby's mouth... surely thats got to be illegal?
    OH Lory you beat me to it, I couldn't believe my eyes, what an absolute scary program, but what a great program for giving an eye opener to what is goes on in closed communities, and who can blame the gypsy women for claiming their day when it seems the cycle of pregnancy, housework, babies, pregnancy, housework and babies repeats itself.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

I actually found tonights programme very upsetting and disturbing.

I'm shocked this goes on in Great Britain in 2011

Girls taken out of school from 12 and 13, to do housework and to be prevented from 'outside' influences

Hardly any of them can read or write and they seem to accept this as being OK.

I felt heartbroken for the young girl watching her sister get married, with the reality of her fate sinking in.

And as bizarre as the whole 'big fat' wedding theme is, I'm beginning to understand the 'real' meaning of it. Its the one and only day in a 'girl/woman's life, where she gets to feel important and special and I don't blame them for trying to make it the biggest, fanciest, most expensive day ever

And as for 'grabbing' I'm left speechless... even the boys admitted that the girls wouldn't like the experience

The whole programme was highly depressing IMO
    totally agree

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Well, now we know the real reason why they 'travel'. It's not because it's their traditional lifestyle, it's to ensure they stay two or three steps ahead of social services. Hopefully there'll be some questions in parliament and this grotesque parody of a medieval society will find itself dragged into what we are pleased to call 'civilisation'.

Blog Entries

I found it to be the same as the previous weeks, absolutely gob smackingly awful. I thought to myself, these people are scum.

The way they tried to wreck the paint balling event reminded me of a holiday that i went on a few years back that was ruined by a whole family of these types turning up. They literally wrecked the pools, chucking icecream everywhere, the noise was horrendous and they were removed after 2 days. They have no respect for other peoples land or peace wherever they go. I feel no pity for these people what so ever, it only reminds me what horrible, disrespectful idiots they are and why we dislike them so much.

Now the big topic of conversation this morning on breakfast TV was that they "gypsies" are extremely angry about the title of this programme as apparantely there are two types of traveller.

1. you have the Romanian Gypsy
    2. you have the Irish Traveller

The title suggests these people are gypsys but infact according to this morning, they are irish travellers. The Gypsies are fuming about it. They say that the true gypsy is nothing like these perma tanned scum and are actually the opposite.

so, the title should be "big fat irish traveller weddings"

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Now the big topic of conversation this morning on breakfast TV was that they "gypsies" are extremely angry about the title of this programme as apparantely there are two types of traveller.

1. you have the Romanian Gypsy
    2. you have the Irish Traveller

The title suggests these people are gypsys but infact according to this morning, they are irish travellers. The Gypsies are fuming about it. They say that the true gypsy is nothing like these perma tanned scum and are actually the opposite.

so, the title should be "big fat irish traveller weddings"
    You've got me on ignore, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    There was a guy on LBC yesterday morning who ran the "Roma times" website or something and called in; basically he clarified that there are two distinct "gypsy" communities:
    - Romani people (his lot)
    - Irish Travellers (the ones in the series)

He disagreed that Irish Travellers were actually "gypsies"..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Well, now we know the real reason why they 'travel'. It's not because it's their traditional lifestyle, it's to ensure they stay two or three steps ahead of social services.
    And the police no doubt.
    I couldn't help but wonder how any of the young illiterate males ever pass a driving theory test or complete car insurance forms etc.

The way they tried to wreck the paint balling event
    And when they were dive bombing the people in canoe's

I feel no pity for these people what so ever,
    I do! These people are brought up with no decent parental guidance/influences, with no dreams or aspirations, they're denied education and they're shunned from the only society they know, if they try to be anything better!
    The girls know and accept their fate from an early age, which I find terribly sad

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    You've got me on ignore, haven't you?
    LOL sorry David, its early !! x

Blog Entries

I do! These people are brought up with no decent parental guidance/influences, with no dreams or aspirations, they're denied education and they're shunned from the only society they know, if they try to be anything better!
    The girls know and accept their fate from an early age, which I find terribly sad
    Well im not so such about that. Parental guidance is true Scum breeds scum but the same can be said for anybody, its sad but happens in all walks of life not just Irish Travellers. The one light at the end of the tunnel was the girl who said she does not want that life and is working in a cake shop BUT she was part of the gang that wrecked the paint balling. She had been given an opportunity but it was abused.

Blog Entries

I've been thinking about last night's programme and I have a question..

If the Mother's don't go to work and the teenage girls do all the cleaning, cooking and looking after the little ones, which is what the programme told us last night.
    Then what DO the Mother's do all day

Plus, where do all the little ones sleep

Gav reckons the Mum is out all day nicking washing off peoples lines, picking pockets, thieving from shops, etc, etc. Not that he likes to pigeon hole people or anything.

.....Then what DO the Mother's do all day ......
    out bullying people into buying twigs of heather

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

I've been thinking about last night's programme and I have a question..

If the Mother's don't go to work and the teenage girls do all the cleaning, cooking and looking after the little ones, which is what the programme told us last night.

Plus, where do all the little ones sleep
    Mother Breeds more cleaners, marries off the eldest (average age 16), sits around drinking tea with other mothers who are breeding the cleaners. Its like a turnover of cleaning staff with no outgoings except a great big bloody wedding.

:
    Whatever it is its not healthy. Did you see the sight of the mothers at the weddings ..... given the younger girls look so glamourous what happens to them once they get married.

As for some of the outfits the mothers had sqeezed themselves into

Personally, i can't wait for next weeks episode, how are these men going to attempt to justify their behaviour towards the women and of course there's their relationships with other men.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    Whatever it is its not healthy. Did you see the sight of the mothers at the weddings ..... given the younger girls look so glamourous what happens to them once they get married.

Hello TP, how you my little love bucket ? xx

Anyway, it looks to me that once you get married your buggered. Ie. beaten if you dont do as your told, nothing to look forward too except bringing up kids, constant moving, fighting, it must be an absolute nightmare. As you say, you only have to look at the mothers who look haggered, used and abused. Horrible life.

Blog Entries

A you only have to look at the mothers who look haggered
    When you think about it, most of the 'mothers of the brides' can only be in their 30's and the 'grandmothers' are still in their 40's but they look a hell of a lot older!

Thread Information