Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mystery of the missing architect

The mystery of the missing architect

I saw this on the news today - and I just couldn't work it out.

25 year old Jo Yeates has been missing since Friday. She went out after work with friends to a pub, left about 8:30pm, bought some stuff on the way home - then hasn't been seen since.

Her mobile, purse, coat etc are in her flat - so she must have returned ok (alone?). Her boyfriend returned on Sunday after a weekend away.....to discover the situation.

I assume that there was not a break in - at least police did not mention that.

They did explain that she bought a pizza from Tesco, but no traces of the pizza, wrapping etc have been found.

So - what happened?

Unlikely that she left the flat of her own volition. So did she leave her flat with someone she knew? And why is the pizza missing? Did she open the door to an abductor?

It must be very difficult for family and her boyfriend Greg, I could see he was genuinely distraught.

Any theories? What will the police be doing in a case like this? (Apart from leaving no stone unturned).

Is there some other 'friend'/someone close who might be part of this? That was a direct question asked of the parents at the news conference - and they replied definitely not.

It was interesting in the press conference that her father kept referring to her in the past tense, whereas her mother didn't.
    Last edited by JiveLad; 23rd-December-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Re: The mystery of the missing architect

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Her boyfriend returned on Sunday after a weekend away.....to discover the situation.

...It must be very difficult for family and her boyfriend Greg, I could see he was genuinely distraught.
    Really? I thought he looked as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a great big pile of poo. I said as much to Gav yesterday when I saw him talking on the news.

It was 'im what dun it guv!!!

There were some curious statements. "She may have been discarded" and thus lying in the snow somewhere. That's an odd phrase to use.

Sadly it looks like the police advice to the parents has been 'assume the worse', and it's hard to argue.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've just seen this on the news and it struck me as weird too!

Hundreds of people go missing every week and yet most of them don't get anything like this amount of media coverage.

Is there something special about her, that I missed?

Was she a target for something?

I didn't see her boyfriend but her parents seemed all too quick to 'think' she might be dead

And lastly, if a stranger came to abduct you from your house, would anyone think to say.... "do you mind if I bring my pizza, I'm starving"?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Hundreds of people go missing every week and yet most of them don't get anything like this amount of media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Really? I thought he looked as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a great big pile of poo. I said as much to Gav yesterday when I saw him talking on the news.

It was 'im what dun it guv!!!
    How many times has it been someone 'they' interviewed or indeed appeared on telly pleading for help.

That bloke a few years ago who killed those two girls. He was the school caretaker or something. Springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I've just seen this on the news and it struck me as weird too!

Yes , but they normally take their wallet, and this time of year, their coat

[QUOTE=Lory;583115]

[QUOTE]

Well she was white and middleclass

I did not see the interview with the family, but saw the original new report and said outloud that she won't be seen alive again

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    How many times has it been someone 'they' interviewed or indeed appeared on telly pleading for help.

That bloke a few years ago who killed those two girls. He was the school caretaker or something. Springs to mind.
    looks like it might have been her landlord

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/de...rrest-landlord

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post

The majority of murders are committed by someone acquainted to the victim (approx 75%). The majority of victims are women and the majority of offenders are male

I found this quite interesting paper in this respect.

http://www.davidcanter.com/uploads/differentiating%20stranger%20murders.pdf

I hate the fact that we know everything about him now, including his occupation and what he looks like, and that he'll forever be associated with the murder of a 25yo woman.

He'll never be innocent again, whether he killed her or not. And that's not justice.

Of course, they may find four decades of previous lodgers buried under the patio and celebrate the removal of an evil predator from the streets of Bristol; I'd just rather find out about it at/after trial.

Apparently in the States now and to some extent Britain, some juries and families are getting their ideas about how evidence is collected and processed based on the TV series CSI. They even get frustrated when they find out that it isn't.

I found this article very interesting.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/csi.htm/printable

Hmmm, now the next door neighbour Vincent Tabak has been charged with her murder, I wonder how many millions in compensation Chris Jeffries will get?

Hmmm, now the next door neighbour Vincent Tabak has been charged with her murder, I wonder how many millions in compensation Chris Jeffries will get?
    As I did say at work to colleagues - the only thing that he is proved guilty of so far is being a bit odd but that does not make you a murderer.

Only a thought but the fact she left her coat,keys and wallet in the apartment and there was no sign of the pizza package could possibly suggest in the light of this latest development that she might have gone to his apartment to share the pizza so would have no need to take a coat etc.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Only a thought but the fact she left her coat,keys and wallet in the apartment and there was no sign of the pizza package could possibly suggest in the light of this latest development that she might have gone to his apartment to share the pizza so would have no need to take a coat etc.
    Interesting.
    So.....based on the fact that she didn't eat the pizza - what might have happened in that scenario?

Did Vincent break up with his girlfriend just before the incident? Was that perhaps a factor in this?

The CCTV of a 'car' carrying the body across the bridge is a bit confusing, because in the report I read, the police said they had eliminated the person who owned that car.

Did the police interview Vincent when he was in Holland at Xmas - or would that have been too difficult - extradition etc? - So they had to wait his return?

Is he maybe just another innocent Chris Jeffries type?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

There was nothing in that that suggested it might have been her landlord, he was arrested on suspicion of murder but then bailed. Thats normal procedure. Just because the media makes a song and dance about it doesn't mean anything at all as regards his guilt or innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    I hate the fact that we know everything about him now, including his occupation and what he looks like, and that he'll forever be associated with the murder of a 25yo woman.
    Only in the minds of stupid people who think newspapers are 100% accurate and CSI is factual. Newspapers used to report facts, but this is the era of stupid journalistic speculation and downright lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    There was nothing in that that suggested it might have been her landlord, he was arrested on suspicion of murder but then bailed. .
    if your are arrested on suspicion of something, surely it means the police think you MIGHT have done it

BTW what has happened to the phrase "helping the police with their enquiries "

One thought, if the media are covering an incident near were you live . Go and get a haircut

..., I wonder how many millions in compensation Chris Jeffries will get?
    from who? for what ?

I wonder how many millions in compensation Chris Jeffries will get?
    from who? for what ?
    In the news today...

"Murder victim Joanna Yeates’ landlord, Chris Jefferies is considering suing the police for wrongful arrest.....Jefferies, 65, told Sky News sources that he expected to be cleared of any wrongdoing. He also said he was thinking of taking legal action against Avon and Somerset Police, as well as sections of the media."

I suppose in his defence, he's done nothing wrong, but all the papers have printed every bit of dirt, gossip and speculation about him that anyone who's ever met him was prepared to state. I imagine he's had death threats, verbal abuse, etc. & I suspect his lawyers are all over it like a rash. Kerching!

Thread Information