4 36.36%
  • Don't watch them !

5 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Voting ?

Commercial Operator

Re: TV Voting ?

I don't vote, and the only one I watch is Strictly, but if there was a serious campaign to bring Simon Cowell down a peg or two through voting for the most talentless competitor to win, I'd be prepared to spend some money on that.
    Oh hang on, that's what's happening in Strictly isn't it? Surely there'd have to be some real changes in the Strictly format if Ann won? And just imagine the looks on Len's and Craig's faces!
    So that's it, vote for change, vote for Ann!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    It was Prince Philip, Actually.
    Oh right, sorry, I'm not as well-informed as you.

It was Prince Philip, Actually.
    Yes, but I think it was the Queen Mother who put him up to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I know I must sound bah humbug but I hate most reality programmes such as Big Brother and I’m a celebrity , I don’t think they’re reality at all.

I never vote in any of the programmes, as I feel as if the producers are trying to manipulate us into voting by keeping in controversial figures in to keep their income rolling in
    And another thing I dislike is the spinning of a few minutes of interesting action into 30 minutes of airtime. When all the padding and the commercial breaks are taken out there's only about 10 minutes in each hour that I'd actually want to watch!

As others have said, I'm certainly not going to waste my money voting as I think it's all rigged to make as much money as possible for the programme makers, the broadcaster and people like Simon Cowell.

After last years successful campaign to keep manufactured-stardom off the Christmas Number One slot, buying this en-masse must surely be the obvious choice for a two fingered salute to X-Factor this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    After last years successful campaign to keep manufactured-stardom off the Christmas Number One slot, buying this en-masse must surely be the obvious choice for a two fingered salute to X-Factor this year.
    Isn't just "Not watching" and "Not Consuming", backed up by "Not Giving a Damn" and "Not Even Knowing What the Moronic Program is About" the best bi-digit tribute one could pay?

Now, where's that Grumpy Old Women DVD gone?

Not that the same philosophy should be applied uniformly.i.e. to Royal Weddings. Oh no.

The Dashing Moderator

buying this en-masse must surely be the obvious choice
    I love the fact that this particular download is:
    Compatible with MP3 Players (including with iPod®), iTunes, Windows Media Player
    Just think what a disaster it would be if it wouldn't play.
    Love dance, will travel

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    Oh hang on, that's what's happening in Strictly isn't it? Surely there'd have to be some real changes in the Strictly format if Ann won? And just imagine the looks on Len's and Craig's faces!
    So that's it, vote for change, vote for Ann!
    It's happening in the X-Factor as well. Wagner is the Anne character - I'm sure he'd be chuffed if he knew

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I love the fact that this particular download is:Just think what a disaster it would be if it wouldn't play.
    indeed. but it is far cheaper here for the first track (the best?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    indeed. but it is far cheaper here for the first track (the best?)

All well and good but according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfin'_Bird
    this

is what you're supposed to be buying this year (sorry - haven't quite mastered the art of renaming links yet)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    All well and good but according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfin'_Bird
    this

is what you're supposed to be buying this year (sorry - haven't quite mastered the art of renaming links yet)
    aah the Bird....[dances]

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

so go here in december and buy it and it will get counted in the charts....

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Isn't just "Not watching" and "Not Consuming", backed up by "Not Giving a Damn" and "Not Even Knowing What the Moronic Program is About" the best bi-digit tribute one could pay?
    Maybe, but it's so hard to escape it all. Take Simon Cowell, not only is he on the box, but he also regularly appears on the front pages of various newspapers and magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    this

Yeah, there's more than one campaign, which means there's less chance that Simon Cowell will be photographed minus his smug grin.

Maybe, but it's so hard to escape it all. Take Simon Cowell, not only is he on the box, but he also regularly appears on the front pages of various newspapers and magazines.
    Not really hard. I don't watch much telly and never buy tabloid newspapers or gossip mags. I read them avidly in dentist's waiting rooms but Simon Cowell wouldn't be my first choice of gossip material, I'd rather read about Cheryl Cole. I am aware of what he looks like and what he does for a living but that's about it. He does not trouble my world!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Not really hard. I don't watch much telly and never buy tabloid newspapers or gossip mags. I read them avidly in dentist's waiting rooms but Simon Cowell wouldn't be my first choice of gossip material, I'd rather read about Cheryl Cole. I am aware of what he looks like and what he does for a living but that's about it. He does not trouble my world!
    You want to read about Cheryl Cole? Good grief why ?

You want to read about Cheryl Cole? Good grief why ?
    Cos she's pretty and famous. But I only said I prefer reading about her to reading about SC.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

isn't that like saying you prefer swine flu to bird flu ? equally horrible, and rather odd to cite a preference. There. I've said it. You're odd

And I must admit to being bewilderererd* that people find the geordie twiglet attractive.

*yes,very.

isn't that like saying you prefer swine flu to bird flu ? equally horrible, and rather odd to cite a preference. There. I've said it. You're odd

And I must admit to being bewilderererd* that people find the geordie twiglet attractive.

*yes,very.
    I have resisted long enough.
    DS,Cheryl is incredibly attractive.

Cheryl has an attractive face, but she is not an attractive person. Remember the "punch in the face" incident in the club toilets? (to name but one of her chavvy fau pars)

She's learnt to keep her gob shut and stopped beating people up, but Cheryl Cole is definitely not "attractive". The tattoo's alone would put me off, let alone the accent, chavtastic clothes and the attitude.

Each to their own though djtrev.
    I must confess DT that I was alluding to her looks and not her personality.

I agree, but while she has an attractive face, its of fairly average attractiveness. Put it this way, if she was an unknown in a busy city nightclub on a saturday night, she certainly wouldn't make the "top 10 most beautiful" in the place. She might scrape into the top 100 if its quite quiet

Danii Minogue is far more striking. If it was a double date, Cheryl would be the ugly mate .
    Sorry DS wrong again on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    DS,Cheryl is incredibly attractive.
    Cheryl has an attractive face, but she is not an attractive person. Remember the "punch in the face" incident in the club toilets? (to name but one of her chavvy fau pars)

She's learnt to keep her gob shut and stopped beating people up, but Cheryl Cole is definitely not "attractive". The tattoo's alone would put me off, let alone the accent, chavtastic clothes and the attitude.

Each to their own though djtrev.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I agree, but while she has an attractive face, its of fairly average attractiveness. Put it this way, if she was an unknown in a busy city nightclub on a saturday night, she certainly wouldn't make the "top 10 most beautiful" in the place. She might scrape into the top 100 if its quite quiet

Danii Minogue is far more striking. If it was a double date, Cheryl would be the ugly mate .

I think Cheryl Coles most notable achievement was dumping her cheating husband.

But then, unlike most WAGs she actually had a choice because she had a bit of a career and some money of her own (so perhaps she isn't a true WAG?)

Thread Information