Thread: Snow leopard and iLife 11

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snow leopard and iLife 11

I got them yesterday. And this is my initial thoughs...

I needed to have Snow leopard to be able to run iLife 11 but I'm not entirely sure what I've got for my money with Snow Leopard

I can't say i've noticed any difference, apart from the fact it ended my trial period of CS5 10days early and wouldn't let me use my old version of itunes

As for iLife, I mainly got it for the upgrade of iMovie, which having played with it, I can see a lot of user friendly improvements to how one operates it, namely a better timeline and the ease of adjusting sound tracks but I'm a bit disappointed that they 'still' haven't integrated the FX from the 2006 HD version

Meaning, one still has to have both versions, if you want the full iMovie range of capabilities!
    Why an earth haven't they included these Many enthusiasts have been begging for this since they didn't include it in the 08 upgrade version. In fact, when I first brought my Mac, the sales staff even said the upgrade was inferior to the iMovie HD 06

I haven't looked at iPhoto yet, as its 'still' upgrading the database although, I admit, I do have rather a lot of photo's
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

Re: Snow leopard and iLife 11

I do like Snow Leopard. I upgraded pretty much as soon as it became available, and while it isn't a huge feature-laden upgrade, it does run significantly faster for me than its predecessor, and there are some nice interface enhancements. I have now got iLife 11, but haven't used it enough yet to really comment on the differences.

iMove... it took me a while to convert from iMovie HD to iMovie 08, I confess. Like you, I wish they'd included everything from HD - but once I really took the plunge, I realised that I vastly prefer the new interface. Now, I think I'd be lost using HD.

iPhoto, on the other hand, I don't use anymore - I wanted something a little more powerful, and the choices boiled down to Lightroom or Aperture - and my machine at the time was too low-spec for Aperture. Started using Lightroom, and haven't looked back since.

Thread Information