Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did you all go?

Where did you all go?

I used to spend hours of here laughing with sis and tone lowering. Where has everyone gone now? Has all moved to a WCS forum?
    Well I miss you all x When I was down I used to come on here and some would really cheer me up. come back everyone!!

Re: Where did you all go?

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    I used to spend hours of here laughing with sis and tone lowering. Where has everyone gone now? Has all moved to a WCS forum?
    Well I miss you all x When I was down I used to come on here and some would really cheer me up. come back everyone!!

yup.......... totally agree, things aint wot they used to be

this will stop the boredom Missy D

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Hello Missy D yes things have changed, I think people tend to go on face book more these days.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    Well Missy, where have YOU been?

We've missed YOU and your sis AND your tone lowering!

Maybe if you post more, others will too!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Who remember these days :

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Entry Screen
    Most users ever online was 425, 27th-June-2005 at 03:01 PM.

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Who remember these days :
    No-one. Vast majority of those 'users' weren't actually people at all but were google spiders....

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/in...ch-engine1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    No-one. Vast majority of those 'users' weren't actually people at all but were google spiders....

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/in...ch-engine1.htm
    That may be true, BUT it was at that time that the forum was at it's most popular (not in forum numbers but in posts).

I remember when I felt completely lost when the forum was down, I missed my daily entertainment

PS: I still enjoy the forum, it is still a great to keep in touch and know what is going on, but as rubyred says we do have FB now
    Last edited by Minnie M; 21st-October-2010 at 07:20 AM.

--ooOoo--

Blog Entries

I remember quite a few people I used to take great delight in taking the p1ss out of and getting it back from them too, but most of them haven't posted at all for what seems like years!

Plus I tend to prefer spending time with the lovely DT in real life now, no need to flirt and banter on the forum any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    That may be true, BUT it was at that time that the forum was at it's most popular (not in forum numbers but in posts).

I remember when I felt completely lost when the forum was down, I missed my daily entertainment

PS: I still enjoy the forum, it is still a great to keep in touch and know what is going on, but as rubyred says we do have FB now

FB is good for quick one liners and photos but for discussions on topics, I think the forum is so much better plus there are no icons on FB.

I have to watch what I say more on FB as my kids, work colleagues and other family members can read what I write, where as on here I can be more my true self

I can't access it from work now, so only come on here on my phone to see what's happening, but it's harder work posting so I don't (generally). Plus, I live with and am married to Beo now, so like Gav, one use for the forum evaporated

I do look at the who is going where threads and weekender reviews, and these seem to be the most active threads.

However, apart from the practicalities, I simply got bored of the same discussions taking place over and over again, whether it was simple stuff or full-on fights. Maybe there is only so much you can say about Ceroc/MJ and we've said most of it?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I can't access it from work now, so only come on here on my phone to see what's happening, but it's harder work posting so I don't (generally). Plus, I live with and am married to Beo now, so like Gav, one use for the forum evaporated
    Blimey, no-one ever told me this was a dating site.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    However, apart from the practicalities, I simply got bored of the same discussions taking place over and over again, whether it was simple stuff or full-on fights. Maybe there is only so much you can say about Ceroc/MJ and we've said most of it?
    Well, the most active dance discussions don't seem to be about MJ. Which is a shame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Blimey, no-one ever told me this was a dating site.
    You didn't read the small print?

I keep checking in in the morning, (or whenever work lets me) and much prefer it to Facebook, but sometimes end up resorting to FB as very few people seem to keep the good threads going in here ...

There is a buzz that the forum has that the enormous bulk of FB can't compete with. To me I'd much rather have 1 shared topic that links us than the comparitive impersonality of the Behemoth that FB has become..

You may not know everone on the forum, but if you pick a stranger on the forum and are a regular at class, then it is highly likely that you have a personal link that is much closer than the 7 stages of seperation that is talked about on global terms.

At one point the playroom, the sofa, lots of comments about tv, and the games area, the dance compliments threads, among many other threads were all kept alive. All this as well as the where are you going, and the what happened threads that seem to keep us going now!

I think the whole point of being able to bookmark threads was essential. If we all do that and add to those we like regularly, then the best threads won't ever sink out of sight and will be kept going... But none of the threads will be kept going at all if we don't actually add to them..

The use of a few more stickies, and /or a system to like or not like particular threads might help, but nothing will work if we don't actually post.

Sorry for repeating myself... But if a few of the people who just lurk, actually come out of the shadows and post, then a good thing won't fade away...

I got a good deal of help from the dance threads early on in my dance life (and still do now), and I have met a lot of good friends through the madness that is and was the forum. The pleasure of dancing has been confirmed and added to by the mix of silliness and serious advice to be found on here..

Oh just a thought ....

Could we maybe clean out some of the backlog of old threads, eliminate some of the seriously out of date ones and sticky some of the best ones to the top of the forum sections? I know the moderators are really busy (), but if some of the longer term members could make suggestions about threads to ressurrect / merge, then maybe we could have a go at ressurecting the camaraderie that was there and still kicking when I joined.

OK I've stopped now you can come out of hiding Sorry it was meant to be a tuppence worth and you got a fiver's worth!

Whitetiger
    Last edited by whitetiger1518; 21st-October-2010 at 11:11 AM.

I always log in first thing in the morning and it's surprising how few posts there are sometimes and some of the regular posters of the past just dont post any more at all.
    I am not a regular weekender or travelling dj/dancer so I contribute very little to the forum but nevertheless I do like to read whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post

The use of a few more stickies, and /or a system to like or not like particular threads might help, but nothing will work if we don't actually post.

Whitetiger

I have spoken to a few people recently who have suggested that the forum is dying but I have said to them if you post and start threads then it won’t. It needs everyone to make an effort.

I love it when I log on and find there is plenty of unread posts

Forum always seems to get busy after a Southport weekender. I suspect everyone’s lurking around hoping for a bit of gossip and controversy, which usually results in some interesting discussions and debates.

Well, that's what I do anyway.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

I very rarely post now due to the 1 or 2 people on here who are just here to cause problems and tell the world about how great they think they are.

I know alot of people have left the forum for the same reason.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    I very rarely post now due to the 1 or 2 people on here who are just here to cause problems and tell the world about how great they think they are.
    Well, that's my purpose in life, definitely.

I know alot of people have left the forum for the same reason.
    Actually, I suspect the forum usage is down because there's more diversification going on - people are using other ways to group and to talk. It's certainly not due to any controversy.

Commercial Operator

Not so - everyone already knows how great I am. There's no need for me to keep pointing it out. That just wouldn't be classy.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Not so - everyone already knows how great I am. There's no need for me to keep pointing it out. That just wouldn't be classy.
    You are right, we have measured you greatness and that measurement is accurate - so long as we're prepared to go the 4 places of decimals

Thread Information