Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did you all go?

Re: Where did you all go?

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Actually, I suspect the forum usage is down because there's more diversification going on - people are using other ways to group and to talk. It's certainly not due to any controversy.
    On another dance forum you mean? Certainly forum usage is not down in general - I'm on several other (non dance) forums and they are incredibly busy.

I post less cos I got fed up with all the squabbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    FB is good for quick one liners
    Have you seen my status updates? I can squeeze quite a sizeable rant onto my facebook page, no one moderates me and only my friends can see. Very therapeutic it is too.

It isn't facebook that takes me away, it is the lure of ebay to get more dance clothes that and laughing at stuff on the BBC iplayer

WT

I still check the forum regulary but stopped posting due to a few things, lack of access at work , busy schedule and worst of all a few peoples bad behaviour on & off the forum made it an unsafe place for me to say things.

miss the real debates on dance topics with out sinking to personal attacks. And on going silly conversations that happen as they do

but then again I've not really done anything to instigate real debates... so as much to blame as anyone. *heads off to put thinking cap on *

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    miss the real debates on dance topics with out sinking to personal attacks.
    The funny thing is that while there haven't been a huge number of such debates lately, the ones that have have for the most part been extremely civilised. Long may that continue

I'm one of the newer guard and still enjoy coming on here to see what's been said and add to anything I feel strongly about. I've found there's less squabbles than on other forums (although maybe I just let them wash over me).

For me, the forum works better than FB. Yes, I've met some forum people in real life and they may or may not be FB friends, but generally my FB dance friends are for organising/finding out about events, whereas on here it's more about opinions, information etc from people I may or may not ever meet (or realise I've met). I don't think for me, FB would ever do that as it's nice to have 2 separate groups of people/acquaintances etc. Yes, I'd like it to be busier (have tried to recommend it to other dancing friends, but they're not into forum discussions etc) bringing on new people to contribute as well as getting the old views from people who've been on here years, but it works for me at the moment.

And in terms of other dance forums - so far haven't found they've really got moving themselves vs here where people have experiences and views on lots of different dance styles as well as MJ

It has been quite a long time since I have posted on the forum but I still like to sneak on here every now and again.

I used to like coming on here and reading the dancing conversations taking place and then meeting the regular forumites in real life around the venues at the most popular freestyles but there has been a big shift in this happening, especially when Ashtons closed. and then the regular forumites disappeared.

(I think maybe my branching into WCS may have contributed too ) but I still dance ceroc every week and love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Plus, I live with and am married to Beo now, so one use for the forum evaporated
    Ever get the feeling you've been set up??

I don't dance.. at all .. these days !

been on here since 1st July 2003.. but moved to Facebook. still lurk on here occasionally although never look at the actually Dancing posts

Thread Information