View Poll Results: do we want a forum meet?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 66.67%
  • no

5 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who's going to southport then

Re: who's going to southport then

I am going and I love Jenny and Ricardo, they are my favourites. But as the time inches forward I realised that what I am really looking forward to is seeing and catching up with me lovely dancing friends after so long a time, I hope some of you remember me
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

I'm going and looking forward to seeing lots of folk I haven't seen in a while

However one thing in the book has really annoyed me, and it's probably been there before but I've only just noticed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash Booklet
    NOTE: Use of DSLR Cameras at the event is not allowed. Please contact CerocPix team for approval. You are not allowed to publish any photos/videos taken from this event.
    Are you @$!£&?! serious? So put a single pic or video from Southport up on Facebook etc and you're in trouble?

Fair enough for classes and cabarets but you can no longer take ANY photos yourself of you and your friends just dancing and having fun and show anyone else. So the only option is to hope that Cerocpix, who usually gets in the way whilst trying to dance anyway, takes some photos of you so you can buy them and show all your friends that you were there having fun.

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by pmjd View Post
    I'm going and looking forward to seeing lots of folk I haven't seen in a while

However one thing in the book has really annoyed me, and it's probably been there before but I've only just noticed it:

Are you @$!£&?! serious? So put a single pic or video from Southport up on Facebook etc and you're in trouble?

Fair enough for classes and cabarets but you can no longer take ANY photos yourself of you and your friends just dancing and having fun and show anyone else. So the only option is to hope that Cerocpix, who usually gets in the way whilst trying to dance anyway, takes some photos of you so you can buy them and show all your friends that you were there having fun.

Pathetic
    I'm just about to buy my first DSLR (hopefully in the next week or so) and I noticed this too. I'm guessing its that they're worried about people taking 'professional' level shots and then selling them, or even giving them to people and this affecting the sales of images.

Surely they won't mind people putting snapshots up on Facebook?

Now I know its hardly sunbathing weather, but the forecast is looking good
    http://weather.aol.co.uk/forecast/to...uthport/id/PR9

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar

Is it even legal to say this, as you can say it's understandable for the caberet and classes but surely not for just hanging out with friends, I'd have thought Ceroc would have approved this as it's virually free advertising for them and am sure all the piccies will show people having an absolute blast.

For what it's worth Paul you can take a picture of me & my missus and put it up if you like, you have my permission!

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar

On a more positive note, only 1 sleep to go!!

The Dashing Moderator

I do think it would be a shame.

If you aren't sufficiently aesthetic to make it into one of the CerocPix photos (or at least dancing with someone who is ) then you could easily not feature in any "official" photos. I'm pretty sure there were no photos of me at the last Southport in the official pictures, for instance.

Having said that I do remember Jive Addiction saying something about photos when they ran Southport - something to the effect that all photos taken belonged to them, so it isn't totally unheard of to impose these sort of rules, although I believe their rules were less restrictive. (I bet the "DLSR" stipulation is recent though.)
    Love dance, will travel

Pathetic
    I never get my photo taken at these things, I must not adhere to the ceroc image for their weekenders, a status I am quite chuffed about really So anyone who wants to include me in their pics please do
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The funny thing is, just because you 'own' a DSLR, doesn't actually mean you necessarily take better photo's than someone with a little P&S
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

You could always nip outside the gates and take some photos!?

Thread Information