Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
So I agree with Rocky (Garghhhhh!), in a perfect world dump this thread, also dump the "amazing" thread, get rid of the over the top hyperbole and start a proper adult thread where both organisers and dancers can get more balanced reviews if they wish.
Well if people could tag their post sections as positive / negative or neutral, so if anyone wanting (a rose tinted, or whatever the opposite is) view could have it, yet people who wanted could still see opposing views.

Another way to get balance would be to require any review to include say the 3 best points and 3 least good points.

The best points may be far more important than the least good points (or the other way around), but it would remove a fair amount of subjectiveness.

If you have a good night you tend to forget the less good things (which might matter to others).

Similarly if you've not had such a good night, it is easy to forget the good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
I agree that the Amazing thread can be over the top but some nights 'are' amazing and why shouldn't people say so, if they want to?
Well if the above rule was added they couldn't, but remembering the few less good things before gushing might not be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
Not worth a lot to me I'm afraid.
By contrast I think people willing to disagree are valuable (in a respectful way - see forum rules).

If someone says something that is incorrect, or has an opposing viewpoint, it is good that (the viewpoint rather than the person) is challenged.

I think this forum lacks diversity of viewpoints, and could do with more people of different viewpoints willing to express themselves.