Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jive Addiction Hemsby Weekender: (10-13 June 2011)

Blog Entries

Re: Jive Addiction Hemsby Weekender: (10-13 June 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Location is why I've not booked yet - I don't like a long, and complicated/expensive journey from airport to venue (which is why I've not been to Camber for years). So waiting to hear what journey times and costs are like. Also looking forward to the reviews, I'm sure it will be a good event.
    Hmmm, public transport isn't good in Norfolk at the best of times.
    I could be wrong, but assuming that you're flying to Norwich I think it'll mean a taxi to the train station, train to Great Yarmouth and another taxi to Hemsby.
    There are buses you could use instead of taxis, but generally the buses don't really go near the train stations (yeah, I know, but it's Norfolk ).
    Alternatively, you could get a helicopter all the way into Caister heliport, then it's only a 2/3 minute bus/taxi ride.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this and praying that some of the old Jive Addiction atmosphere can be rekindled. I have great chalet mates (am banning cameras in the loo though Lory!! ) so am expecting lots of laughter.
    My only concern is how far the distance is from the chalet to the venue, without knowing the layout. As I won't really be dancing much, as I have still got a bad back, I don't want to have to walk miles before even attempting to dance (gently).
    I too will happily write a full, honest review afterwards.
    Can't wait to see some old faces and get those cuddles (blues to you lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    p.s. A lot of my friends are waiting to see what this one is like, before booking up for the September one.
    So lets hope that any unexpected teething problems are sorted quickly or at least acknowledged, with a promise that they'll be sorted
    Look forward to that, .........so Monday afternoon it will be Up

Location is why I've not booked yet - I don't like a long, and complicated/expensive journey from airport to venue (which is why I've not been to Camber for years). So waiting to hear what journey times and costs are like.
    The journey time to Camber has been cut significantly from north of London, since they opened the new railway line. Less expensive is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I could be wrong, but assuming that you're flying to Norwich I think it'll mean a taxi to the train station, train to Great Yarmouth and another taxi to Hemsby.
    There are buses you could use instead of taxis, but generally the buses don't really go near the train stations (yeah, I know, but it's Norfolk ).
    Alternatively, you could get a helicopter all the way into Caister heliport, then it's only a 2/3 minute bus/taxi ride.
    It is only half a mile (perhaps more walking) from the train to bus station at Great Yarmouth.

Hmmm, public transport isn't good in Norfolk at the best of times.
    I don't think you can fly direct to Norwich from Belfast... not even sure where I would fly into.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    The journey time to Camber has been cut significantly from north of London, since they opened the new railway line. Less expensive is another matter.
    Where does the train go from/to? The only times I've been to Camber its been via car - it didn't seem to be well served by public transport.

Blog Entries

I don't think you can fly direct to Norwich from Belfast... not even sure where I would fly into.
    I think FlyBe fly from Belfast to Norwich.

If you flew into London, that would mean a 2 hour train ride to Norwich, then the train to Great Yarmouth too.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you flew into London, that would mean a 2 hour train ride to Norwich, then the train to Great Yarmouth too.
    If you flew into Stansted, you've got a chance someone might be passing that way.........
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I couldn't see direct flights (but I'll check that), I think they went via Manchester or something.

And getting from whatever London airport I flew into to wherever I'd get the train to Norwich...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    If you flew into Stansted, you've got a chance someone might be passing that way.........
    That's how I've got to Camber in the past, either someone has given me a lift or I've hooked up with other forumites and shared a hire car.

So I'm not ruling it out and I hope to get at some point.

I went last weekend to camber, train from northallerton to kings cross, st pancrass international to ashford, ashford to rye, 100 bus outside rye station to pontins cambers (stops outside camp and runs once ever hour and seems to be matched with train arrival on the way there) train st pancrass to ashford is a fairly quick line

Thread Information