Thread: Iphone Upgrade Problems

Iphone Upgrade Problems

Hi Everyone

I know that it has been a while since I posted on here but I have been about in the background!!

I know that there are quite a few Iphone enthusiasts among the forum so I thought that I would just plead for a solution to my problem.

I have an Iphone 16gb 3GS and have been quite content with it but was recommended by a friend to upgrade the new IOS 4 software into it and naively tried on Saturday night.......even after leaving it for 2 solid night and then rebooting my computer and allowing everything to cool down...my iphone has now been wiped and cannot restore and upgrade. I have a useless iphone!!

Can anyone give any suggestions about what I can do to get the old software back on my iphone or to help it upgrade to the new software so that at least I have a phone.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Commercial Operator

Re: Iphone Upgrade Problems

It looks like the forum techies aren't up to speed on this one.

I did read of people having problems like this in the Sunday Times a few weeks ago, (sometime in July) and it gave instructions on how to restore to a previous OS. Maybe if you search their website you'll find it.

Good luck!
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    It looks like the forum techies aren't up to speed on this one.

I did read of people having problems like this in the Sunday Times a few weeks ago, (sometime in July) and it gave instructions on how to restore to a previous OS. Maybe if you search their website you'll find it.

Good luck!
    Greg
    Strange indeed. My migration to iOS4 happened without mishap. But then I always back up everything using a 3rd party utility when doing something major anyway.

The following link talks you through the downgrade
    http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-up...-and-ios3.html

But just a thought - have you tried to run through the support pages on the web-site or chatted to one of the guys in an Apple Store. You've paid for the update - it's buggered your phone - they must have some liability

Blog Entries

One of the people I'm doing some work for at the moment had issues after the upgrade. Apparently his phone re-booted itself after 2 minutes of every phone call!
    He went to the Apple store and had to wait for over an hour, but when he eventually got seen he just explained that he's in IT and has followed their help and advice at least twice already. The techie ran the diagnostics, got huge pages full of errors and gave him a replacement iphone.
    Apparently their was a woman waiting there whose iphone was 3 months out of warranty, but when she pleaded poverty and said if they can't fix it she'll have to get a cheaper phone from elsewhere, they gave her a replacement anyway. I guess your continued custom and their reputation is worth more to them.
    Go to Apple and don't take any cr4p!

Thread Information