Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
Probably a secondary reason though.

The primary (click reason) reason is (I'm guessing from the ) is whether they're hot enough (on the poll).
I'm not sure that is necessarily the case though. Obviously I can't answer for LemonCake or anyone else, but for me anyway, dancing really close as a reason for wanting to dance with someone has a lot to do with other factors, such as how well do I know them, how comfortable do I feel with them, do I trust them not to get the wrong idea etc, much more than how hot they are.

One of my most memorable recent blues dances, where my partner and I simply stood and swayed on the spot in each other's arms, was with another female forumite. She's a very attractive lady, but I don't fancy her! (I'm assuming that being hot implies being attracted to that person, although I may have picked you up wrong).

As far as I'm concerned, being hot comes a long way down the list (if it's on there at all) when I decide if I want to dance close with someone. Someone could be insanely good-looking, but I don't want to dance close because of a million-and-one other factors. Of course, other people may think differently about it, but that's how it is for me.