Thread: Spring Fling Munich 2010 Aftermath

Spring Fling Munich 2010 Aftermath

......sitting in the Hotel at the moment, rain falling down outside but still happy after a lovely weekend in Munich.

This is a different sort of weekender. A weekend break in a lovely city with dancing thrown in as an extra. Of course there's the opportunity to do various workshops during the day with international teachers. The workshops run in the mornings leaving the afternoons free for sightseeing or shopping.

Mjive has been up and running for less than two years but already the standard of dancing is good and this coupled with the fact that a few small groups had made the trip across from the UK meant that the dancing was actually much better than I had expected it to be.

Munich is very relaxed and having walked around most of the centre over the last few days I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone. A stroll around the English Gardens on a hot sunny day taking in the various sights( dressed and undressed) is the perfect chill out.

The organiser, Jol, is very friendly and enthusiastic about dancing. He is keen for his dancers to progress and organises two weekenders a year to give people the opportunity to progress. Sunday's poor weather meant the planned trip to the lake with outdoor dancing had to be cancelled but he quickly organises an alternative venue, tea dance, taster Swing class and an evening party

The cost of the weekend is very reasonable 90 Euros per person for a central, clean and comfortable hotel for 4 nights, 60 Euros for the weekend pass for all workshops and parties Friday, Saturday, Sunday and the regular class and Freestyle on Monday.

The weekend has been great. EVERYONE was friendly and a goodtime was had by all.
    Huge thanks to my excellent travelling companions - Peaches and the increasingly dopey Lusby's.

Just need to think about Christmas markets and a possible Winter Warmer now.

Re: Spring Fling Munich 2010 Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    ......sitting in the Hotel at the moment, rain falling down outside but still happy after a lovely weekend in Munich.

This is a different sort of weekender. A weekend break in a lovely city with dancing thrown in as an extra. Of course there's the opportunity to do various workshops during the day with international teachers. The workshops run in the mornings leaving the afternoons free for sightseeing or shopping.

Mjive has been up and running for less than two years but already the standard of dancing is good and this coupled with the fact that a few small groups had made the trip across from the UK meant that the dancing was actually much better than I had expected it to be.

Munich is very relaxed and having walked around most of the centre over the last few days I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone. A stroll around the English Gardens on a hot sunny day taking in the various sights( dressed and undressed) is the perfect chill out.

The organiser, Jol, is very friendly and enthusiastic about dancing. He is keen for his dancers to progress and organises two weekenders a year to give people the opportunity to progress. Sunday's poor weather meant the planned trip to the lake with outdoor dancing had to be cancelled but he quickly organises an alternative venue, tea dance, taster Swing class and an evening party

The cost of the weekend is very reasonable 90 Euros per person for a central, clean and comfortable hotel for 4 nights, 60 Euros for the weekend pass for all workshops and parties Friday, Saturday, Sunday and the regular class and Freestyle on Monday.

The weekend has been great. EVERYONE was friendly and a goodtime was had by all.
    Huge thanks to my excellent travelling companions - Peaches and the increasingly dopey Lusby's.

Just need to think about Christmas markets and a possible Winter Warmer now.
    What a great review. Thanks.

That is a good reason to go back to Munich - what a wonderful city! When I was last there a couple of years ago, the MJ regular was on Friday and I planned to stay over and go - 'cept that was the one week when it wasn't on - 'cos the organisers went skiing instead.......so I missed out.

Still, a whole weekend there with dancing sounds enjoyable and very good value.

Thread Information