Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets for Ceroc weekenders

Re: Tickets for Ceroc weekenders

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    DD, don't be too hasty love... he says on his profile he's a 'gigolo' and a 'STUD'
    I know you're going to delete this Lory, but he sounds a bit of a twat more like !

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It seems there's no holds barred when it comes to making a buck...it just going to make booking up for some events a mad dash.

I see that Swish is already sold out for Feb 2011.. is that the normal trend for that venue ?? its 8 &^*%% months away !!!
    Welcome to the world of being a woman who doesn't have a man to book with! I wanted a club chalet for 3 women for Bliss in November and booked it 2-3 months ago to make sure I got what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Being not sure whether or not I could go to the weekend, I left it too late to book, but now wanting to go, I also responded to another message offering a wristband and room at a given price, only to get an email back saying that a lot of people had shown interest, and that I could now make an offer for the place.
    I want to take my entry from 4th May off but dont know how (Viva Las Vegas)

I was offered 1 male 1 female tickets/apartment by 3 different people but knew 2 weeks ago I couldnt go.

I would never pay over the asking price unless I really wanted to go

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    DD, don't be too hasty love... he says on his profile he's a 'gigolo' and a 'STUD'
    Even more reason to reject him - i dont do friends with big egos either

I'm one of those people who's trying to get rid of a wristband only (unfortunately my friend booked months in advance, but a girls booking still had to include a male in the group when it was wanted to only be a girls chalet - while the full payment was split between 3 rather than the 4, it's worth trying to get some of that money back, but that does mean there's no accommodation, and to try and get the male space sold for the gender balancing.

If someone wants to make an offer under what my friends/I have asked for then I personally would be willing to budge for a lower asking price but I'm not the only one who's paid and trying to sell it, so if people are willing to pay to get to the event then you're kind of stuck in the middle. Obviously we also presumed that the event was sold out according to email/notices, otherwise would have advertised at slightly less than tickets were still available at.

However, as places get offered as wristband only, buyers would never know how much was originally paid/was it an early bird or late purchase/was it club accommodation etc...it could actually have been less than the original selling price anyway. (although the one mentioned here does seem a bit on the ridiculous side).

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Welcome to the world of being a woman who doesn't have a man to book with! I wanted a club chalet for 3 women for Bliss in November and booked it 2-3 months ago to make sure I got what I wanted.
    Yes, but unlike a male ticket you can be sure of being able to sell it, if you're unable to go.

Whereas selling a male ticket isn't anything as like as certain. Even if it does sell out to males, there are more unwanted male tickets to compete against.

And you get a favourable gender balance when you get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I want to take my entry from 4th May off but dont know how (Viva Las Vegas)
    If they don't require registration, these things normally work by sending you an email with this information, when you originally post your message.

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    ...but a girls booking still had to include a male in the group when it was wanted to only be a girls chalet - while the full payment was split between 3 rather than the 4

...(although the one mentioned here does seem a bit on the ridiculous side).
    The same 33% markup as you're paying to get a girls chalet, if less anything you get back for the wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Is it just me that thinks that now a lot of these events are selling out, there's such an opportunity for ticket touts...

One post on the Ceroc message board reads:

Nice little £50 earner there!
    Perhaps. The markup is 33.3% excluding costs, and he may not sell it for that price. Any opportunity for profitable trading in male tickets is limited.

It isn't a bad thing that someone sells to the higher bidder (whether that be above or below the price paid).

Sometimes it is important to a particular person to get a ticket to a weekender.

(All other things being equal charging a higher price allows the ticket to go to the person who can make best use of it).

You got a place. Presumably it was worth the money you paid.

The whole Ceroc booking and message board system is extremely good.

It would be less good, if the person who most wants a ticket is unable to get one.

On a slightly different note I booked a ticket for Escape event very late. Then I found I might have a change of plan a week later.

I thought about trying to get a refund but the refund policy was 25% plus a 10 pound handling charge.

So that's £75 X 0.25(%) = £18.75 - £10 handling = £ 8.75 return on my £75 ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    On a slightly different note I booked a ticket for Escape event very late. Then I found I might have a change of plan a week later.

I thought about trying to get a refund but the refund policy was 25% plus a 10 pound handling charge.

I'm sorry, but if you booked a ticket for any event that requires pre-booking, like a theatre show, or a concert, or a sporting event and then found that you couldn't go, how much would you expect to get back - nothing of course... so, errrm.. £8.75 sounds like a result to me...

Why should any weekender where the organizer pays in advance for the hire of the venue treat you any differently? I'm genuinley interested in your response...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you booked a ticket for any event that requires pre-booking, like a theatre show, or a concert, or a sporting event and then found that you couldn't go, how much would you expect to get back - nothing of course... so, errrm.. £8.75 sounds like a result to me...

Why should any weekender where the organizer pays in advance for the hire of the venue treat you any differently? I'm genuinley interested in your response...
    Your genuinuly interested? I think it takes the ****. If I went to jhon lewis bought some curtains took them home tried them on and didn't like them I could take them back. I can go to Hmv buy a computer game use it for a month and sell it back in good condition for 75% of the price. If I want to buy a car I can go to a car show room borrow a car for a weekend and then just decided I'm not interested.

If some one buys you somthing for christmas you don't like, what do you do? take it back. As long as you have a receipt and it's still in good condition you normally get a full refund.

I want to returning the thing I purhachased in totally un-used, re-saleable form and you think it's fair?

And in terms of having to pay in advance as a bussniess, what do you think every shop in the country does? They stock stuff on the shelf that they've already paid for then try and sell it for a profit. Within that equation they have to factor in damage, faults, returns, and things that don't sell.

I thnk it's poor customer relations. Especally when the weekenders are normally selling out.

So here's an idea. I buy a ticket early then sell it later if I don't want it at a profit. This pushes the cost of your weekender up for the customers who buy from me.

Actually I see a scam coming on, why don't I buy all the female tickets. Shut down the supply and push cost through the roof. Then sell for a profit at a later date. In doing so I would make a profit out of ceroc and make the weekend more expesnsive the Ja's. All's fair in love, war and apparently bussiness.

ceroc ought to think about a cap on the number of tickets that can be sold to one person.

jim, it's pretty rare I'd agree with Rocky but I think he's right here. You can't compare household goods (or similar, tangible merchandise) with a ticket for an event (especially one purchased 'very late' though I presume the refund policy is the same regardless of when the refund is applied for?) I'm also pretty sure that there's no obligation in either case (goods or event) for a refund for a non-faulty item i.e if you just decide you no longer like it or want it so any money you get back shows a certain degree of customer care if not to the extent that you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I'm also pretty sure that there's no obligation in either case (goods or event) for a refund for a non-faulty item i.e if you just decide you no longer like it or want it so any money you get back shows a certain degree of customer care if not to the extent that you'd like.
    Just one caveat to the above - I wonder if the distance selling regulations would apply for tickets for a Ceroc weekender and if you could use the 7 day cooling off period to cancel?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    Funnily enough i had a friend request on facebook from a David Nicolas this morning!
    If it's the guy I'm thinking of he put a rude and silly comment on our blog. In settings I'd allowed unmoderated comments for blog entries less than 14 days old. As the blog is new I thought I'd see how it went as I didn't want to be bothered with emails every time someone made a comment.

Now that I've been running the blog for a few months I've found that there's only a few comments. Only the one from Mr Nicolas needed to be deleted. I couldn't find an option to delete the comment so I had to delete the whole entry and put it in again. So, thanks to Mr Fast-Buck, I've been forced to re-set so that I moderate all blog comments.

If you want to visit our blog and make a nice or funny comment you can find it at www.rocsters.blogspot.com . I've just had a look and, surprisingly, there's no pictures of me in women's underwear dancing with a man in women's underwear - I wish I could say the same about Jive Magazine

Just one caveat to the above - I wonder if the distance selling regulations would apply for tickets for a Ceroc weekender and if you could use the 7 day cooling off period to cancel?
    I think (but I am not a lawyer) the DSD does not apply when you buy a ticket for a specific event
    However the organiser must provide you will their terms and conditions at the time of booking and those terms must comply with the unfair contracts act
    If you feel the terms are unfair, you can contact the OFT and if they agree you can get a full refund
    However I would be surprised if Ceroc's terms and conditions do violate the unfair contracts act

From the OFT web site

The requirements to provide pre-contractual information, written and
    additional information, the right to cancel and the obligation on the
    supplier to carry out the contract within a maximum of 30 days do not
    apply to the following types of contract.

[/B] Contracts to provide accommodation, transport, catering or leisure
    services
    (for example hotel accommodation; plane, train, or concert
    tickets; car hire;10 or sporting events) where you agree to provide
    the service on a specific date
    or within a specific period. ..................

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think one has to compare 'like for like' and correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of any company (doing weekend breaks), who offer a 'full' refund, right up to the date of the weekend.

The best i've seen are scaled refunds - where you get less and less money back, the nearer you get to the date
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

On the plus side, the refund policy is clearly published so you can take account of it before you buy.

Ceroc have certainly pointed out in the past that you're likely to get more by selling via the message board.

Relatively speaking £75.00 isn't a huge amount to lose if you cannot make a weekend away, and by booking late you've minimised the chances of being unable to make it.

Unlike lots of tickets you can buy Ceroc hasn't put barriers (other than gender equivalence) in the way of you selling the ticket, and have made it positively easier with a message board.

The lack of physical tickets makes it very easy to buy / sell to someone across the country shortly before the event.

Taking the whole system it is something that Ceroc do very well.

Your genuinuly interested? I think it takes the ****. If I went to jhon lewis bought some curtains...
    As Rob points out, your examples actually aren't relevant to the specifics of your complaint at all... The question was as follows...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you booked a ticket for any event that requires pre-booking, like a theatre show, or a concert, or a sporting event and then found that you couldn't go, how much would you expect to get back - nothing of course... so, errrm.. £8.75 sounds like a result to me..
    And I am still genuinely interested in your answer.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

jim, it's pretty rare I'd agree with Rocky but I think he's right here.

You can't compare household goods (or similar, tangible merchandise) with a ticket for an event
    Correct. Any "event" ticket you buy, that's it - you only get money back if they don't hold up their end of the bargain (e.g. buying tickets for Jacko concerts and then he goes and dies on you). If you can't make it to that event, that's your problem.

I can, as you say afford to lose £75 and I did expect their to be a cost. But a 10% - 20% handling charge was more what i was expecting.

And of course their has to be a cut off date, that's only fair.

And of course I could use the message board. But it seems to me that's doing ceroc's job.

They organise dance events, that's what they do, that's what their good at, that's what their set up for.

On the other hand I could get a check from someone I don't know on the other side of the country. People I don't know could send me money, and hope I'll do my side of the bargin.
    I can only hope their won't be a problem with the booking I made .

I just think it would be better if ceroc charged a reasonable 'admistration' fee and then re-sold the ticket down 'official lines'.

Just my opinion.

I seem to be over ruled, I'll live with it.
    Last edited by jim; 6th-June-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Thread Information