Thread: Recommendations for London venues.

Recommendations for London venues.

Hi there,

I’m coming down to London for various muggle events between the 28th and the 31st of August. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to dance? I thought about going out to Sara White's at Buckden for the Sunday night, but as I don’t have a car, travel would have been an issue.. (I’ve decided to make this a dedicated dance trip for next time I’m down.)

I''m going to crash in the King’s Cross Youth Hostel (I want to be near the station and the British Library) so, are there any classes or Freestyles anywhere near me that you know of?? I’m not bothered whether they are independent or Ceroc..

Thanks for your help

P.S. Extra points given to those who suggest venues with a Blues room.

Cheers WT
    Last edited by whitetiger1518; 1st-June-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Re: Recommendations for London venues.

Sat 28 Aug either Chiswick (12:00 finish) or Ijig Summer Ball (1am finish). Both have Blues rooms. The Ijig ball will have about 350 peolple attending and is usually a very nice night. (last train back to Kings Cross is just after midnight and the station is 5 min walk from venue)

Sun 29 Aug I would recommend Berko, which has a Blues room. You can get a train directly from Euston (1 underground station or 10 min walk from Kings Cross) to Berkhamsted and the station is a 5-10 min walk to the venue. I am sure somebody from the Forum will at least drop you back at the station. Look out for T dances nearer the time as well.

Mon 30 Aug At the moment I only know of regular nightly venues the easiest ones to get to are Finchley/Whetstone or Swiss Cottage (Twickenham?). But check nearer the time as things change on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Tues 31 Aug Again only regular dance nights and I would recommend ISH as it is close to where you are staying and normally well attended.

Thank you so much ant... That is brilliant... Next question..Do I need to book? Oh and vague costs would be wonderful too

WT

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good list

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    Sat 28 Aug either Chiswick (12:00 finish) or Ijig Summer Ball (1am finish). Both have Blues rooms. The Ijig ball will have about 350 peolple attending and is usually a very nice night. (last train back to Kings Cross is just after midnight and the station is 5 min walk from venue)
    iJig is in Harpenden, which CeeCee described as being "near Brimingham" when we attended it a couple of months back. But it's a great venue (and she's a South Londoner so prone to exaggeration).

Chiswick's nice, but the floors are not great - or they haven't been in the past.

Sun 29 Aug I would recommend Berko, which has a Blues room.

Mon 30 Aug At the moment I only know of regular nightly venues the easiest ones to get to are Finchley/Whetstone. But check nearer the time as things change on a Bank Holiday Monday.
    Finchley's usually open on Bank Holidays - it was yesterday. And there may even be an established Tango room there by that time. Unless I get bored.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Thank you so much ant... That is brilliant... Next question..Do I need to book? Oh and vague costs would be wonderful too

WT
    for the iJig ball you'll definitely need to book. The others should be OK for just turning up.

Cost, dunno. Regular nights are about £8 I think - Chiswick may be £10 I guess?

Thanks DB.

Very informative My London jaunt is only part of a larger tour, so I will have to keep an eye on costs. I will go and do my homework now. Cheers WT

Lux is on that entire weekend and has freestyle tickets for each night I think. Its about 40 minutes out of London, but there should be 5-600 people there and it goes on until late.

Thread Information