Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Customer Always Right?

Re: Is the Customer Always Right?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    The customer is very often not right. I see no problem with this.

As a rule of thumb, though, the customer is, IMO, always important, and their opinions are valid and worth paying attention to.
    Hmmm... well that's sort of true, but the value of 'importance' in any given scenario needs to be weighted.

So, if you have a customer that attends all of your nights and has done for the last year and has an opinion that is diamterically opposed to the opinion of a dancer that has only attended one of your nights - whose opinion are you most likely to act on?

Likewise, if I have 100 customers that are happy with what I do and the service I give and 1 new customer who isn't, I would be a fool to place any importance at all in their opinion unless they have spotted something that would be of obvious benefit to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post

It's the same if someone attends dance class for the sole reason of meeting a new man/woman. They have no interest in learning to dance and cause disruption in the lesson as they see that as an opportunity to get to know people - where is that Tazer when you need it?
    I would guess 50% of people who take up dancing go to ‘meet some one’

If they stayed it would suggest they fell in love with dancing

I don’t know how many happily married women or men ‘take up dancing’ particularly on their own.

I think its slightly patronising of established dancer who may even have met their dance partner through dancing to take this attitude.

I had choice 15yrs ago …dance or drink cider I chose dance and I'm glad there was no one who pushed me away.

To suggest I wasn’t interested in chatting to women in my late 20s and just wanted to dance would be silly

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    The customer is allways right , but sometimes they are in the wrong place
    I like that... very funny. Is it a quote or did you make it up yourself, because it's just too good not be used again.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I think its slightly patronising of established dancer who may even have met their dance partner through dancing to take this attitude.
    I think the fact that they're still dancing after meeting someone proves that their "sole reason" was not to meet someone. They chose dancing as a method of meeting someone because they liked dancing.

On the other hand, those complete beginners who join in the lesson and spend their whole time chatting to the ladies and ignoring the teacher can cause serious disruption to the smooth running of the lesson. What they want is not what we offer. We offer a dance lesson in a social setting where you meet many new people. To some guys the dance lesson is an inconvenient but necessary evil on the route to meeting someone.

I thought about this "customer always right" thing a while back. In the end I came to a conclusion that the decisions of customers (and potential customers) were of paramount importance. Right or wrong, those decisions are the drivers of what's going to happen.

Not very snappy though, is it? Can't see that on a poster on an office wall.

And as I came to my decision whilst not being a customer for anything at all - I was just musing - does that undermine or reinforce my conclusion?

It's all too much. Time for a tea break.

I think the fact that they're still dancing after meeting someone proves that their "sole reason" was not to meet someone.
    Disagree. My sole reason for going to dancing was because I wanted to meet women and maybe find someone, and get out of my rather blokes-only pub routine.

I stuck with dancing because it was enjoyable, and because I was actually meeting a lot of people and making friends.

However, that was something that developed after I went dancing, not as a reason before I went.

So no, that someone is still dancing after meeting someone is not proof that their "sole reason" was not to meet someone.

I think the fact that they're still dancing after meeting someone proves that their "sole reason" was not to meet someone. They chose dancing as a method of meeting someone because they liked dancing.
    Sorry Andy I disagree

I started dancing to meet somebody, I quickly realised that I needed to actually learn to dance before I had any realistic chance.

I then found that it was something I really enjoyed which was when I met somebody. Got married, then divorced.

The rest is history

Blog Entries

Im always right !! im a woman.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Mike View Post
    Disagree. My sole reason for going to dancing was because I wanted to meet women
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Sorry Andy I disagree
    OK, I'll rephrase what I wrote.

Of course some guys come dancing with the sole intention of meeting women. Some of those guys realise they have to join in with the lessons and some actually start enjoying the dancing. Other guys continue to attend with the sole objective of meeting women - it's the latter group who get on my tits as their pulling activities are quite disruptive to the teaching/learning process.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Prove it!

OK, Of course some guys come dancing with the sole intention of meeting women. Some of those guys realise they have to join in with the lessons and some actually start enjoying the dancing. Other guys continue to attend with the sole objective of meeting women - it's the latter group who get on my tits as their pulling activities are quite disruptive to the teaching/learning process.
    A mate of mine joined Ceroc and for 6 months seemed to doing quite well. His problem was that he only wanted to dance with "good looking" girls. He started getting more and more refusals from the ladies. He asked me what to do. I told him that he has to dance with everyone irrespective of looks and more girls will actually ask him for a dance. He met someone 3 months later and they are happily married now.

Not much to do with customers being right. Maybe time to get back to the thread now?

p.s. Don't forget the ladies who come to meet a man. Does their pulling interfere with the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    This is sometimes true but ALWAYS true when the painters are in... unless of course one likes to live on the edge and risk having your knackers cut off with a blunt rusty implement.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    He met someone 3 months later and they are happily married now.
    ...but was she good-looking?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    ...but was she good-looking?
    As it turned out yes. But it was actually she that asked him to dance when they first met.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I've written on this topic before so I guess my feedback is not news. I think the statement that the customer is always right to be one of the most erroneous statements ever made. It's just rubbish.
    C'mon people, I think its clear that "the customer is always right" is an idiom. I looked it up. Look, from here, a definition...

"the customer is always right" " is...
    The trading policy that states a company's keenness to be seen to put the customer first.
    ...it's not rocket science! It is a best practice for a business that puts the customer first.

Sheesh, I come on here sometimes and it seems the forum content was written by retarded monkeys.

[QUOTE=Dreadful Scathe;574811<snip>

Sheesh, I come on here sometimes and it seems the forum content was written by retarded monkeys. [/QUOTE]

That's dancing retarded monkeys please

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    That's dancing retarded monkeys please
    If only we had an infinite amount of time to come up with the complete works of Shakespeare - as opposed to the sh1t we sometimes write on here..

Interestingly, in an experiment performed in 2003 with 6 Celebes Crested Macaques, their 5 pages of prose mostly consisted of the letter 'S'. So I guess it wouldn't have been much longer before they had completed 'Shakespeare' and the rest would have been history. Unfortunately the keyboard would have been clogged up with excrement long before that would have happened...

... unless of course one likes to live on the edge and risk having your knackers cut off with a blunt rusty implement.
    As you would know well

Commercial Operator

If only we had an infinite amount of time to come up with the complete works of Shakespeare
    I don't think you need an infinite amount of time. Just an infinite number of monkeys or one monkey for infinity. This is because of the equation;

infinityXinfinity=infinity

I remember reading something in the Times about the infinite number of monkeys and typewriters required for one of them to come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. They argued that the advent of the internet proves, beyond reasonable doubt, that this simply isn't true.

And, of course, an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters would produce and infinite number of Complete works of Shakespeare.

The contributors to this debate might find amusement in the following site: Not Always Right. A collection of funny, bizarre and just plain stupid customers.

Thread Information