Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scorch Question

Re: Scorch Question

So a post-Southport question, which isn't intended to renew the gender balance discussions: Is it normal that out of 14 classes attended, 11 had spare men, 4 had spare women and only one retained a balance throughout?

(yeah, the numbers don't add up - two classes had men over, then women over, then men over again)

Whether it's sensible to do 14 classes is an entirely different question

Ah, simple beginners mistake. I did that on my first weekender - I'm guessing your feet and legs currently hurt an awful lot, especially if you continue to dance outside the classes

In that heat, then I wouldn't be surprised if that balance was normal as ladies are delicate flowers who would wilt in the heat. Besides which half of them were lathering up with fairy liquid and trying to throw themselves down the slip n slide on Saturday.

Sadly (given the weather and descriptions) I missed the slidey wetness.

I managed 5-6 hours of freestyling too, and am off dancing again in an hour - I recover fast.

Doing that many classes probably wont happen again, but as a beginner there's so much to learn and the weekend was too great an opportunity to learn some of it. With the DVD in hand I may even remember a few of the moves - I only managed to remember two new ones from the entire weekend when I was dancing last night

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    So a post-Southport question, which isn't intended to renew the gender balance discussions: Is it normal that out of 14 classes attended, 11 had spare men, 4 had spare women and only one retained a balance throughout?
    Entirely normal, though you might have found out that Ceroc teachers retain an infinite capacity for surprise.

(yeah, the numbers don't add up - two classes had men over, then women over, then men over again)
    While this happens a lot, I'd only count the beginning.

The reason being is that a few people may trickle in or leave during the class, but far more significant is the people who choose to do, or not do the class based on the balance at the start.

At Camber I've seen between 2 and 3 times the number of men at the start and the odd spare lady at the end.

Thread Information