Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ceroc Champs 2010 - Results

Re: Ceroc Champs 2010 - Results

Quote Originally Posted by Billi Wiz View Post
    You CEROC dudes need to chill out... every comment that isn't praise is treated like some kind of emotional H Bomb...

Feedback helps good business to finess the service they supply to ensure the maximum cutomer enjoyment of the product..

Behaving like Basil Fawlty with a hotel full of germans everytime someone points out where they feel improvement could be made is paranoid to the extreme...

CEROC is a Dance form of Modern Jive not a Cult!

....& Mike Ellard is not the Messiah!!
    You're response here is just ludicrous given that David B posted a very thorough explanation regarding the specific points you raised. In case you're unaware, David B is renowned as one of the very best independent competition adjudicators around for a number of reasons:

1.) He has been a competitor and won competitions at the highest level over a number of years.
    2.) He is also a great teacher and therefore this combined with his competition experience means he knows what to look for with regards to judging criterion and in setting that criterion out for other judges to follow.
    3.) He uses specific software that helps to eliminate the effect of any 'personal' data that may skew results.
    4.) He is scrupulously fair and honest.
    5.) And finally, he is not affiliated to any dance organizations and has therefore taught and judged for numerous independent dance companies as well as Ceroc.

So to infer that he is a 'Ceroc dude' by adding your post after his very detailed explanation is just plain rude.

You gave the feedback that you thought 15 couples were too many in certain rounds of a competition - that's your opinion. And as has just been stated on another thread about 'customer opinions', it doesn't necessarily mean that your opinion is correct.

You think your opinion will help to make the Ceroc champs a better competition, but as has been demonstrated by David B in a very thorough manner, it's not valid because the judging system works on tried and tested methods used by the majority of competition organizers.

Had your original and subsequent posts been polite and measured then you would have got polite and measured responses back - but they weren't, IMO they where confrontational and on that basis you really shouldn't be surprised if the tone of the replies are based on the tone of your initial and subsequent posts.

So you can hardly bleat on about reaping what you sow...

Commercial Operator

You CEROC dudes need to chill out...
    Do you mean me?

"As for learning from customer feedback, I think it's fair to say that the customer is not always right...!"

I've worked in business for twenty years and that is the most blinkered, stupid reply I've ever heard..

Have you considered a career with one of the large Call centre companies - you'ld fit in perfectly!

I made some points about how i feel the CEROC UK competition could be improved to bring customers like me back..

If that is somehow perceived as erroneous or an attack then you need to get out more...

No thanks. I'll stick to my current job. It pays a lot more!

So, first of all, you didn't hear my reply. You read it. Unless, of course, you have somebody reading forum responses to you because you are so blinkered that you can't actually see the screen! Secondly, if that's your attitude towards the customer, I really would like to do business with you. I believe you should supply me with a shiny new Ferrari, a ski chalet in Aspen and a lifetime supply of Oreo cookies, all for the princely sum of 12 pence. Oh, and I'm the customer, so I must be right. Hop to it... Yes, complete nonsense, but it does go to show that you are either stupid or, at best, very misguided!

Going back to your original post, in this case you are the customer. I won't drone on, because I believe there have been enough replies to prove that you don't know your ar5e from your elbow. Therefore I think it's fair to say that, in a somewhat ironic way, you have shown your original statement to be completely wrong. Ergo, the customer is clearly not always right. Good luck with that job in the call centre...

It is always useful for people to provide constructive criticism about any organisation, but to do it from the standpoint that you took is simply inviting ridicule. You made a statement, assumed it to be correct without actually having any knowledge to back it up and then decided to sit on your proverbial high horse and announce to everyone that, based on some spurious statement, you are clearly right. You then get all defensive and abusive when people correct you using solid arguments, based on fact. You're not really doing yourself any favours. Still, you made my job a lot easier, so thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    As any competitor knows, you have to pull out the best moves, style and musicality when a judge is watching you.
    And of course an incredible boob job together with a costume to emphasise the same probably ensures a greater that average share of the judges attention

I resent that remark. I have NOT had a boob job!!!

Thread Information