Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Champs 2010 - Results

Commercial Operator

Ceroc Champs 2010 - Results

If there is a thread for this already, sorry.

Any news on who's won whats; the highs, the lows etc

Re: Ceroc Champs

Yes I'm one of those waiting at home too!! Good luck guys! x

It was a hung result between the couples wearing red, blue and orange.............. The couple wearing green were found rummaging in the bins. The competition was disbanded after two hours and will be held again on the next bank holiday at the end of May.

No, hold on a minute, I've been listening to too many political broadcasts - someone shoot me!

Am there at the moment but don't ask me for updates ... Am already confused to who's entered in what and who half the competitors are they're getting the trophies ready now but will leave the reportage posting to someone who has a clue

Just heard that Mark W and Fiona have made the finals of both the RocVets and the Advanced. Keeping my fingers crossed for them!

Elaine x

Just home from the champs, but am afraid that I'm useless with names (and it was mostly numbers read out anyway). Two sisters dancing together won the intermediates (they were fantastic, and I think Mike Ellard said it was the first time in the history of the champs that two women have won a category), Trampy won the double trouble (but had already gone home unwell before the announcement, sadly) Filthy Monkey won the showcase (was a fantastic perfomance) and Jamie MacGregor won the Open. Afraid that you'll have to wait for someone with better knowledge of people's names for the rest!

Whilst the standard of dancing was fantastic, as ever, and the event was fun, it was very quiet compared to previous years. I found it particularly weird, as although the first time I went I hardly knew anyone, by the second year I knew loads of people. This was either my 4th or 5th year, and although I'd have expected to know more people, I could hardly find anyone I knew. Aside from that, there seemed to be fewer spectators than in previous years too - had no problems getting a space to watch the performances, whereas in past years I've struggled to see properly. This is despite Beo and I arriving at about 5.30, so quite late in the proceedings.

I was chatting to someone who agreed with me about it being less busy, and why. We wondered if it was all the other champs (Scottish, Midlands, Welsh) "diluting" the pool for the "Ceroc Champs". This used to be the main, national championships. But is it anymore, or is it the London/SE and anyone else who feels like travelling champs? I wonder what, if anything, can be done to liven it up. I for one won't be going next year. Despite going late, I was, I'm afraid, a bit bored, so it's time for a break. But clearly I'm not the only one.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    despite Beo and I arriving at about 5.30,
    Tut tut tut ... that's a missed opportunity if ever i saw one, I think that should read.........despite 'My husband and I' arriving at about 5-30
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Tut tut tut ... that's a missed opportunity if ever i saw one, I think that should read.........despite 'My husband and I' arriving at about 5-30
    Still not used to saying that!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Just home from the champs, but am afraid that I'm useless with names (and it was mostly numbers read out anyway). Two sisters dancing together won the intermediates (they were fantastic, and I think Mike Ellard said it was the first time in the history of the champs that two women have won a category), Trampy won the double trouble (but had already gone home unwell before the announcement, sadly) Filthy Monkey won the showcase (was a fantastic perfomance) and Jamie MacGregor won the Open. Afraid that you'll have to wait for someone with better knowledge of people's names for the rest!

Whilst the standard of dancing was fantastic, as ever, and the event was fun, it was very quiet compared to previous years. I found it particularly weird, as although the first time I went I hardly knew anyone, by the second year I knew loads of people. This was either my 4th or 5th year, and although I'd have expected to know more people, I could hardly find anyone I knew. Aside from that, there seemed to be fewer spectators than in previous years too - had no problems getting a space to watch the performances, whereas in past years I've struggled to see properly. This is despite Beo and I arriving at about 5.30, so quite late in the proceedings.

I was chatting to someone who agreed with me about it being less busy, and why. We wondered if it was all the other champs (Scottish, Midlands, Welsh) "diluting" the pool for the "Ceroc Champs". This used to be the main, national championships. But is it anymore, or is it the London/SE and anyone else who feels like travelling champs? I wonder what, if anything, can be done to liven it up. I for one won't be going next year. Despite going late, I was, I'm afraid, a bit bored, so it's time for a break. But clearly I'm not the only one.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
    I still believe that all competitions should be working together on a national point scoring and judging system with an aim to finding an overall champion in any category. It may help with committing people to travel to all major competitions to compete and entice a few more spectators to travel and support.
    I dont think competitions are being diluted per-say, i just don't think it does any good if they are all working on their own "individual" competition.

Mike was saying something about one of the groups is it the IATCD or something? granting points status for one of the competitions.

Ceroc X - just beginners moves - was Adam and Sam 1st, Dale and his partner second.
    Aeriels - not herbie, couple I don't know won it.
    Top Cat - Paul (whose surname I should know - he dances with Sharon as a pair at Newbury but it escapes me now) and Sam (Adam's partner)

Busy day for all. Its a lot of work for just one day. Not helped by the fact that I was at Twisted the night before and only managed 4 hours sleep before setting off for the Troxy to get there in time to setup the comp desk.

There were a lot of competitions and most people were practising in the freestyles rather than dancing, so they didn't really kick off until 10. I left at 1.45 and it was quite quiet by then. It was rocking for the hour after the awards. It was hard to find a space.

Costumes were great, winner of the most distracting costume go to Steve Hunt's partner in the open who wore a tie and her black underwear and that's it.

Best costume changes - Sam - some lovely outfits to go with her red hair

Best move, Coleen's splits - about a foot (12") extension above the horizontal on both sides in a power lift by Jamie MG, while rotating.

Fabulous, fabulous day. It was much quieter during the day than previously. In the evening though more and more trickled in and right to the bitter end kept seeing people I hadn't seen earlier.

On the competition front it was so nice to see so many people I know entering and winning too

Well done to Amy and Sophie for coming first in the Intermediates, girls you were amazing and Phillippe well done on coming third.

Our MarkW came third in RocVets, a massive well done . Herbie received a medal or two? Couldn't keep up with him he seemed to be in everything such stamina

The Team Cabaret was won by the only team that entered, shame that they didn't have anyone to compete against.

Seems a lot of competitors came from far and wide Poland and Dubai to name a couple.

Gonna post more on the 'Was Last Amazing For You' cos it certainly was.

............hot food ran out of jacket potatoes and tuna by 2!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Fabulous, fabulous day. It was much quieter during the day than previously. In the evening though more and more trickled in and right to the bitter end kept seeing people I hadn't seen earlier.

On the competition front it was so nice to see so many people I know entering and winning too

Well done to Amy and Sophie for coming first in the Intermediates, girls you were amazing and Phillippe well done on coming third.

Our MarkW came third in RocVets, a massive well done . Herbie received a medal or two? Couldn't keep up with him he seemed to be in everything such stamina

The Team Cabaret was won by the only team that entered, shame that they didn't have anyone to compete against.

Seems a lot of competitors came from far and wide Poland and Dubai to name a couple.

Gonna post more on the 'Was Last Amazing For You' cos it certainly was.

............hot food ran out of jacket potatoes and tuna by 2!

Who was the team??

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    Ceroc X - just beginners moves - was Adam and Sam 1st, Dale and his partner second.
    Dale's partner was the gorgeous Dani Snow. Last night actually turned out to be the Dani Show!!! She won the Showcase, the Advanced and Double Trouble and came second in Ceroc X. I have to admit, I was a bit sick of watching her go up to collect her prizes, knowing that they would be dumped on me to carry home :nah:

Seriously, though, She was the most amazing partner in the Showcase and the Advanced. I am so proud of her and want to thank her for everything she has put into the showcase over the past four months. There have been so many times when we wanted to kill each other in the studio! In fact, at one point I had to sit on her to stop her punching me!!! She's hot, but VERY feisty!! :nah:

Last night finally made it all worthwhile, though. Once again, thanks, honey, for being the most amazing dance partner! Oh, and please wear a bigger top next time. I REALLY struggled to look you in the eye yesterday x

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    Who was the team??
    Club Ceroc, from Uxbridge. They were fab. Well done, guys

some more...

Jamie McGregor (Jammy) and Fiona Gilroy (Princess Fi – who is still wearing her medal and has a huge scary grin on her face) came second in Lucky Dip

Erika Talltart and Dave Hansons won the Vets.

Touble trouble was won by Steve Lampert (The Tramp), Danny & Suki

It certainly was the Danny show last night and she deserved every second of it. She displayed bags of style and looked like she enjoyed every single minute of her dances...(ok with the exception of her last Lucky Dip round...)

She was awesome....and I'll leave the costume comments to the blokes..... Oh and FM, as frames go, you did not too badly..... Congrats hon...x

Quote Originally Posted by Kazibaby View Post
    Fi – who is still wearing her medal and has a huge scary grin on her face...

I prefer to think of it as cheesy!

I was (and still am) totally made up with that! Especially as i was dead set against entering anything (feel better about being bullied into doing it now by jivee and kazibaby)

And as for wearing it, well i might as well get my wear out of it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    I was (and still am) totally made up with that! Especially as i was dead set against entering anything (feel better about being bullied into doing it now by jivee and kazibaby)
    I thought it was you.. but wasn't sure I would have said congrats... but you are my deadly rival after all.. Dark Princess of the Geeks after all

Congrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Phillippe well done on coming third.
    Filipe.....just realised I spelt your name wrong....please forgive me (paybacks for not getting that dance )

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post

Costumes were great, winner of the most distracting costume go to Steve Hunt's partner in the open who wore a tie and her black underwear and that's it.
    rt - that should read "Steve Thomas's partner"

Thread Information