Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Often do you do it?

Re: How Often do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    From observation and personal experience I have also noticed that one's frequency of attendance drops off when one "meets" someone.
    I have noticed that some people disappear from dancing when they meet someone, which does not make sense to me as I would have thought it would be a bonus to have a regular partner

It also does not apply to me as I was already married when I started dancing and have gradually increased rather than decreased

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I have noticed that some people disappear from dancing when they meet someone, which does not make sense to me as I would have thought it would be a bonus to have a regular partner

It also does not apply to me as I was already married when I started dancing and have gradually increased rather than decreased
    I suppose it makes sense if a new couple pursue activities other than dancing "regularly!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Not often enough

i am only doing between 4 and 7 nights a week now
    surly thats not enough for anyone

These days (if I'm up for it) a typical week might be:

Wed - iJig
    Thu - Snorbens
    Fri - Wherever freestyle
    Sat - Wherever freestyle
    Sun - Berko

And it's probably been 3 out of those 5 on average this year.

Overall, I think I probably dance less than a few years ago.

Most consecutive nights was 10 in 2007 - and chatting to one well know dancer at that time, he told me his most was 43 in a row.

In the 10 consecutive nights, this was dance number 9:

Somewhere a dancer went kachow!

(With thanks to S.J. Pereleman and 1930's pulp/detective writers).

Somewhere a dancer went kachow! Jive Lad knew this one would be big, and word was out that he was in the mood. Down at the Chesham Club moves were being made and a couple of hotshots whispered advice to the Blonde Dame to get things ready. Jive Lad walked in, svelte and serene and ready for action. He was a tall man, dressed in baby blue, but this was no baby. This was his ninth night in a row spinning his moves with a committed passion. First up was a dark haired dame in a black dress with lips the colour of wild raspberries and an attitude to match. “Would you like to dance” she asked as her eyes sparkled. Jive Lad didn’t reply and took her by the hand and led her to the middle of the floor. It was a mid-tempo groove and he began to warm up taking the two of them through a routine with an increasing fluidity. Towards the end, he noticed Mr. Feet taking two blonde dames through Double Trouble. One of them was Fiona Fun and Jive Lad decided to target her. Next up was a rare swing groove with Sinatra mixed to a Basie backbeat – perfect with Fiona Fun. She hijacked his moves and he loved it – especially when she smacked his backside. This was one cheeky dame. He thanked her graciously and went for his drink. “What’s that you’re drinking?” asked a wild looking dame with curves to match. “It’s a man’s drink – Jive Squash – try some” he said steadily looking at her excited eyes. “Tastes like it has orange in it” she replied after the cool liquid had met her tongue. “Are you dancing?” quizzed Jive Lad. “Sure” said the wild dame. The beats per minute accelerated to the top end of the range and the sweat started to form on Jive Lad’s happy brow as they whirled and whizzed. To cool it, he made intermittent Sway’s and Baskets so they could both recover their composure. Then, Bang! There it was……..the next one up was ‘Fever’ – not the old one. This was modern, chunky, funky and meaty. A young auburn haired dame with a smiling attitude broke off from a hotshot at the front of the stage and Jive Lad invited her to connect. Space was becoming tight and the punters had the odd scrape – but nothing to concern Jive Lad – he just kept it tight and compact and focused on the dame and making it smooth. The night was coming to a close, and the quarter moon could be seen as Jive Lad stepped outside to cool off. One more hit to finish things off. An uptempo one for a change was a good idea. A tall dame with dark hair met Jive Lad’s eyes and off they went. “Thanks” she grunted at the completion. “You too – and good luck” said Jive Lad. “There’s more to come in this” he thought as he left the club and considered tomorrow evening……………

POSTED BY JIVE LAD AT 4:31 PM SATURDAY, JANUARY 27, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    There are a few people that I used to know & since meeting someone at dancing they don't go anymore - which is a shame.
    Then again I do know people that have met someone there & continue to go dancing. This can be a positive or negative thing, as it depends on how well you dance together. I know it could start arguments
    Last edited by Ickle Sue; 23rd-April-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    T
    Somewhere a dancer went kachow!

(With thanks to S.J. Pereleman and 1930's pulp/detective writers).

Love it!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Usually 1ce a week to Franck's Tuesday class in Glasgow, (sneakily managed to get work to pay for the dance classes, otherwise I might not get to go as often) ... Usually try to get to Rutherglen for a parties and then throw in a weekender or 2 if I'm good and can wheedle the cash out of the Bank...

The reason I'm most likely not going to get to go dancing is exhaustion. My time, money and energy are fought over by at least 3 muggle hobbies, and then add in work - that time consumer - still it pays for everything - so shouldn't [but will complain! ] and lastly comes Sleep.... permanently trying to catch up .

WT

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    From observation and personal experience I have also noticed that one's frequency of attendance drops off when one "meets" someone.
    My boss reckons that no man on the planet enjoys dancing and that there's only 2 reasons men go dancing...they're either gay or they are trying to get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    My boss reckons that no man on the planet enjoys dancing and that there's only 2 reasons men go dancing...they're either gay or they are trying to get laid.
    LOL, thats exactly what my Dad has said!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your boss is wrong.

Possibly he can't dance.

Is being gay a reason to go dancing?

Is there anything a straight man does involving women that isn't in some way an attempt to get laid?

The Forum Legend

When I started, and living in London, with many more available venues, I would usually dance 5-6 times a week. Now, I'm getting on a bit, I don't manage more than 3-4 times a week.

As for 13 days in a row, that quite frankly is pathetic. I did 45 days in a row just before I left London. I think that would kill me these days (please don't ask for the obvious here!).

That is actually what I thought and agreed to go on the condition that i did not have to dance. FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    When I started, and living in London, with many more available venues, I would usually dance 5-6 times a week. Now, I'm getting on a bit, I don't manage more than 3-4 times a week.

As for 13 days in a row, that quite frankly is pathetic. I did 45 days in a row just before I left London. I think that would kill me these days (please don't ask for the obvious here!).
    Can I have the obvious, please?

(I try never to do the obvious, but I don't mind having some.)

Thread Information