Thread: Part 2 - The silver lining to the cloud of ash

Part 2 - The silver lining to the cloud of ash

Someone asked about chapter 2...............
    well....JiveLad found out overnight that Marcus dude is here in Paris.

So we are meeting shortly for lunch - and then going to le Jive later (to 'pick up a couple of French birds' - apparently.... ) well either that or the Louvre and Moaner Lisa

Marcus only came to Paris for the day - so has already done the turning yer underpants inside out trick 3 times.

Could be fun. Now.......the only question is whether to buy some dancing shoes for tonight or not.......Nah - that's a bit girlie isn't it?

Anyway - just remembered - about the only French I know is something like "Voulez vous couchez avec moi......ce soir".........

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Part 2 - The silver lining to the cloud of ash

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Someone asked about chapter 2...............
    Someone, SOMEONE?

Marcus only came to Paris for the day - so has already done the turning yer underpants inside out trick 3 times.
    Isn't that normal in France? (sorry Franck, I couldn't resist )

Could be fun. Now.......the only question is whether to buy some dancing shoes for tonight or not.......Nah - that's a bit girlie isn't it?
    You won't be thinking that, when you meet 'said French Birds' and you dance like a plonker, cos your shoes are sticking or you fall over!

Anyway - just remembered - about the only French I know is something like "Voulez vous couchez avec moi......ce soir".........
    That's all you need, isn't it

'Someone's' now very much looking forward to reading Part 3!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I'm confused, who is Shortly? Where are you meeting him for lunch?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has anyone heard if 'the terrible two' made it home in the end? There were no signs of them at Berko last night (even if Maxine 'thought' there was and nearly accosted the wrong man )

Seriously though, this situation is effecting so many people I know, its beyond a joke now
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I'm confused, who is Shorty? Where are you meeting him for lunch?
    'Shorty' is the the Jiving great great grandchild of Toulouse-Lautrec - who fuses can-can with jive. Marcus and I met him for lunch to get some tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Has anyone heard if 'the terrible two' made it home in the end? There were no signs of them at Berko last night (even if Maxine 'thought' there was and nearly accosted the wrong man )

Seriously though, this situation is effecting so many people I know, its beyond a joke now
    Yes - I can understand that the absence of 2 of the premier dancers () is a difficult situation for many ladies to cope with - and it it is affecting a lot of women.

Well, you will be glad to know that one of them is back.........and the other was last seen - still trying to find that elusive pair of underpants:

PHOTO REMOVED at JL's request

Anyway, I loved Paris - and had happened to land in a great spot - the hotel (which was the fourth hotel I went into after the others were full) was surrounded by creperies, restaurants and lingerie shops and was really buzzing at night.

A 10 min walk to the Seine on a gorgeous Spring day reminded me how romantic Paris can be by the river - shame Marcus is a bloke...

My French started to come back - as per this encounter at the creperie:

Waitress: "Oui monsieur?"
    JiveLad: "Je voudrais un crepe avec pommes, amandes et calvados s'il vous plait"
    Waitress: "Oui c'est un crepe Normande"
    JiveLad: "Parfait"
    Waitress: "Autre chose?"
    JiveLad: "Oui, je t'aime"
    Waitress: {chuckles} "Autre chose?"
    JiveLad: "Oui, comment s'appelle tu?"
    Waitress: "Margaret"
    JiveLad: "Margaret - mon petit fleur, je t'aime"
    Margaret: "I love you..."

At this point, she started to become interested in Marcus, so I shooed her away to get our crepes (delicieux).

Sadly no dancing, Ceroc Paris is gonna happen......soon-ish. JiveLad made it back by luckily bagging a EuroStar seat yesterday, and Marcus should be back tomorrow via Eurostar.
    Last edited by Lory; 24th-April-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed photo at JL's request

Thread Information