Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
Well - I have the 350D, and quite simply, I love it. It's a wonderful little camera. OK - so it's not that little, but it's still wonderful.
I HAD the 350D. I may have it again.. if I can justify paying the £200+ ish (at least) to get it repaired. Given that the 350D is currently about £350 (how convenient .. the prices match the name!!) do I want to spend 2/3s of it's price to get it repaired? Do I get it repaired, then trade it in for a new camera? do I NOT get it repaired and use the £200+ to offset what I would have got as a trade in anyway? do I not get it repaired, then take it in for a trade in anyway and not fess up about it needing repair? (Ok no that last ones not really an option I'm too honest and I'd stutter and stammer if they asked me "does it work?" directly. )

am in a bit of a pickle. I'm not going to have a decent camera for our honeymoon as repair is going to take 4 to 5 weeks at least.

I suppose I could just <cough> Appropriate <cough> some of my wedding gift money (again.. joking ! My better half reads this forum remember )

I just don't know what's best. The 350D is a bit long in the tooth and I would like an upgrade at some point. I just can't justify spending £600 on a new camera. But then is Spending 1/3 of that to get something old repaired false economy?