I was trolling through the internet and something caught my eye. I have been to Hypermiling sites before where people - generally men attempt to get huge mile to gallon ratios for their cars. Overinflating tyres, coasting, never using the radio, all manner of things are purported to save you petrol and increase the MPG you can achieve. So I was curious when some search I did offered me a metacafe video saying - one step to increased MPG.
I'm a bloke,
I drive a car,
I'm stingey so I went to look.

It is very simple - sorry I didnt get the url for that video but you can go investigate this yourselves - I plan to do a little more too - but simply add a little bit of pure acetone to your petrol (does work with diesel too but you need to be more careful on the amount).

Basically the Acetone breaks down the surface tension in the petrol a lot faster than it could do on its own, thus it vapourises better and hence burns better and cleaner.
Da di da and so on - less contamination of the oil better power, better MPG
In a Diesel there is power increase, MPG increase and less soot.

Hydrocarbon emissions come down too.

Ok problems - get it on the paint work and you'll be very annoyed and the crappy mark on the paint will continue to annoy till you sell the car. But thats it as far as I can see - no modification. Just up to 35% better MPG
Thats good enough to make my LPG installation almost redundant - so I'm annoyed already.

On petrol I can get 43 miles to the gallon in my automatic Astra. If I add Actenone I may get 58 lets call it 60. Pigging hell where do I get the bloody acetone.

Its £5 a litre - must be pure acteone but you only use 30 - 90 ml in ten gallons.

Go read this

See made your day didn't I

Obviously before I do it I will seek further confirmation of this but if it works wow!

Also I do not suggest you try this, but I do suggest you investigate it too.

Right now back to the young ladies in underwear that I was originally searching for!