Thread: Murder most foul.......and weak signals

Murder most foul.......and weak signals

I am always interested in picking up clues from the reports of some murder which indicate that things are not what they appear at first sight. I call these 'weak signals' (nothing to do with dancing - this is about complexity theory).

For example, in the case of the 'kidnap' of the young boy in Pakistan my mind was instantly alerted by the use of the word 'robbers' in the early reports. And then reading one report about the marital disharmony from the neighbours. Hmm...did not seem quite right - and there is imho a lot more to come out.

And now the Post Office murder today. I can't quite put this together - and it does not fit the pattern of a 'typical' Post Office raid as far as I can see. If the guy was working from 4:30 in the Post Office - but only found his wife dead at 8:30.........when did the raid take place? The masked intruder (singular) is reported to have said "we've got your wife" - so there was more than one? The intruder was said to be 5' 11" to 6' - hmmm.....seems remarkably precise - and the detail of the "tight-fitting" mask - and dark clothing.........including a dark long-sleeved t-shirt (why only a t-shirt at that time - in the cold weather?). Hmmmm....
    Nobody heard a thing - no screams - no raider(s) were seen.......and what was the motive for killing the wife by the raider?

Now I could be totally wrong - but based on the reports it doesn't stack up to me......any thoughts?

(Mods - please delete this thread if I am not legally allowed to make these kind of comments).

Re: Murder most foul.......and weak signals

playing advocate:

The thief broke in around 0830.

From BBC website:
    Police said Mr Garbutt, 44, was working in the downstairs shop from 0430 GMT on Tuesday when the robber entered from the living quarters at about 0830 GMT and stole cash before fleeing.
    It's reported that the wife died from head injuries, it's possible that she was hit on the head to render her unconscious and that it was not the intent to kill her.

As for the thief saying, "we have got your wife", after breaking in and discovering the wife, he may have knocked her unconscious so that she could not interfere or raise the alarm, then gone downstairs and made the threat to make the husband believe that there was more than one of them there and that his wife was being held hostage in order that he cooperate.

Just some suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    I am always interested in picking up clues from the reports of some murder which indicate that things are not what they appear at first sight. I call these 'weak signals' (nothing to do with dancing - this is about complexity theory).
    Yeah, great topic for a thread.

For example, in the case of the 'kidnap' of the young boy in Pakistan my mind was instantly alerted by the use of the word 'robbers' in the early reports. And then reading one report about the marital disharmony from the neighbours. Hmm...did not seem quite right - and there is imho a lot more to come out.
    I did not pick that up, though i didn't see many TV reports. I was impressed by how cheerful, open and sunny the Mum seemed to be, considereing her child had been missing for a couple of weeks. Hmmm......?

And now the Post Office murder today. ..........The intruder was said to be 5' 11" to 6' - hmmm.....seems remarkably precise - and the detail of the "tight-fitting" mask - and dark clothing.........including a dark long-sleeved t-shirt (why only a t-shirt at that time - in the cold weather?). Hmmmm....

Now I could be totally wrong - but based on the reports it doesn't stack up to me......any thoughts?
    I agree, it didn't sound right from the first report, mainly because they gave a detailed description of what the intruder was wearing, leaving me wondering why someone hadn't dialled 999 pronto if they watched this guy for long enough to get such a good look at him. But maybe it was the husband who had given the decription? Hmm........

I don't think I like the way this is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    And now the Post Office murder today. I can't quite put this together - and it does not fit the pattern of a 'typical' Post Office raid as far as I can see. If the guy was working from 4:30 in the Post Office - but only found his wife dead at 8:30.........when did the raid take place? The masked intruder (singular) is reported to have said "we've got your wife" - so there was more than one? The intruder was said to be 5' 11" to 6' - hmmm.....seems remarkably precise - and the detail of the "tight-fitting" mask - and dark clothing.........including a dark long-sleeved t-shirt (why only a t-shirt at that time - in the cold weather?). Hmmmm....
    Nobody heard a thing - no screams - no raider(s) were seen.......and what was the motive for killing the wife by the raider?

We'll have to call you Miss Marple from now on JiveLad. Seems you were right to be suspicious.

Husband arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    We'll have to call you Miss Marple from now on JiveLad. Seems you were right to be suspicious.

Husband arrested
    Mr. Marple (her maverick nephew) actually....

Yes and I am starting to have some suspicions about your recent Scrabble victories as well. Hmmm.......

From the outset, it had the classical hallmarks of an attempt to cast suspicion on 'the unknown stranger'.

A propos of nothing in particular, I see the McCanns are parading their grief all over the media again...

Thread Information