Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc STORM (Camber) Aftermath

Re: Ceroc STORM (Camber) Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Garry set on Sunday was fab, I had so many fab dances cos the music just got me in the zone. brill
    Given Feltch's track record with misspellings (not a criticism just an observation) I wonder if she means Gerry's set or Garry's?

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Given Feltch's track record with misspellings (not a criticism just an observation) I wonder if she means Gerry's set or Garry's?
    I think you need to improve your own spelling

My set was on the Saturday afternoon, Garry's was one of the last's sets on the Monday morning. Unfortunately I had already left and missed this set.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post

tut, tut Rob you wouldn't be by any chance would you

The Trouser Press!

Well I had a nice time too.

Very short notice before I knew I was going but that’s the best way. With the popularity of these weekenders now I miss the old call to Franco on Friday morning followed by sudden feigning of migraine or imminent death and dobbing out of work for 2 days. I had the company of a newbie on the way down and I am not sure who talked more but the journey passed pretty swiftly all bar the approach to the bridge, but in reality it only added 15 minutes so no gripes there really. Well maybe one, wasn't the bridge built to remove congestion and make the crossing work better? Did that part get missed from the design?

The Gestapo on the gate have obviously completed their Finishing School classes because they were pleasant. Good for them. It's been a tough slog for some of them but well done.
    Parking - oh sorry, that’s like saying Feck in front of the Queen isn't it - PARKING!! - even at 4.30 I had to drive to the shop to find a spot to stop for key collection. The normal sort of stop and go spaces outside the main building seem to have gotten to the STOP part and never restarted. Mayhap the walk back from the shop would have been ok had the special Jive weekender weather not been in evidence at that time - Brrrrrr the wind.
    When I got in the first word that fleeted through my mind was "Thank" quickly followed by "feck for that, that wind was cold!". This was then rammed up the jaxxy by the word "Pandemonium!". There was a queue across the room from the Ship Desk in front of the stairs almost blocking the Weather Station. No idea what this was for so instinct - and of course I'm British so the instinct is strong - I made like I was queuing. A quick surreptitious gander around the room whilst looking like part of a queue garnered me no information about what the queue was for and as I have queued to get keys from this desk in the past it seemed ok - I was happy to queue. 5 minutes into Queue heaven a little voice rang out "this queue is for electricity tokens, the registration is through here!" Some more words ran about in my head shouting at each other, I'm not a 100% certain but I think "Arseholes" won that competition. I had a quick mental rewind removed the last five minutes got back to the "..ck for that, that wind was cold!" and walked into
    registration.
    My head - it was getting used to this sudden onslaught of capitalised words banging through it - received the thought "oh god I have to fill in a form". Actually it wasn't too bad it only needed a name. But I have a morbid fear of forms with the word Ceroc on the top and a space for eMail Address further down, Mickey Mouse at BTInternet must get loads of mail and be confused by it.
    Anyhow Key collected, Arm tagged I departed to find Chez Moi.

Chez Moi turned out to be adequate, cold and windy but adequate. The electricity meter must have been on the blink though because I'd stick a token in look out of the window and the power had all gone. But I do now know it costs 5 pence to cook 4 defrosted fish fingers and to warm a pita bread through, so you live and learn I say!
    Fridges without freezer compartments are Rubbish that’s another thing I learned.

My first foray to the dance floor started at 7.00 on Friday night. Early or what? I started with the IceBreaker class because the Newbie I came with was starting there and I thought I would give moral support. As lessons go it was ok and it was really just a warm up for me. After that I hit the boudoir - DD was on and played some ace tracks and I just kept getting up on the floor for a boogie. Lucky it was a
    dance weekender. Anyhow the sack the DJ spot changed and the Vibe fell off for me so I wandered back though the Cyclone Dark Zone. I know it's sold as a blues room but I couldn't see didly in there. Why is Dark associated with Blues? At Southport during the day I have had some of my loveliest bluesy sessions and been able to see who I was dancing with too. That room is stupidly dark. I feel strongly about this so I'm going to say that again in capitals
    THE CYCLONE DANCE ZONE IS TOO DARK. - PAY THE BILLS. TURN SOME LIGHTS ON.
    I quite like subtle lighting, I quite like ambience but it was like fumbling around in the dark late at night when you've just scored trying to get the girls blouse undone without turning the lights on! When the shops are open, shall we say, I like to see the produce on sale. Because of this I reckon I had maybe 12 dances in there all weekend. Which is sad because I missed Rachel and Marcs sets.
    Anyway after finding a guide dog to show me the way through the Cyclone Black Hole zone I went back up to what I heard called later as Boing Boing Land. It wasn't Boing Boing Land the bloke was off his head! the main room on Friday was rocking. I had a hoot. It was hours before I had a bad dance - no I take that back it was Saturday night before I had a bad dance.

I danced for 9 hours - I've never danced nine hours straight. I only stopped because the ibuprofen stopped working and my hips had started following my knees which two hours earlier had started giving me intense pain whilst walking. My knees had however only gone the same way my feet had done two hours before that. When the hips started showing solidarity with my lower limbs I decided the best plan was bed. However the walk back to Chez Moi was purgatory.

Saturday arrived as days do by getting lighter and lighter and the seagulls arrived as they do by getting louder and louder. I think the ones outside my chalet were the same ones Fletch and WittyBird had taught to say
    "Wayne! Wayne!"
    Anyhow I thought I would get out and see what classes were on. This is where my weekend went poop! I wanted to do some lessons, to mix with people, learn some new stuff. But nothing tempted me. The thing that I used to like about the JA weekenders was the special stuff, Nigel and Nina, Marc and Rachel before they were Ceroc'd, the Wow Factor people like Anton&Erin and Vincent&Flavia. These people made the lessons special, different from what you'd get at your normal Ceroc Class and thus I enjoyed those. I still have a problem with the Escape thing of all these ordinary Ceroc Teachers doing the lessons. Yes some of them are great dancers and good teachers, don't think I am trying to detract from that - I'm not. But it's not Special. I want special.
    Even so I went to look at these lessons - well some of them and I would have given them a go but. . .
    when it gets to moving men around in a class I choose not to - not because I can't count but because I don't want to.
    Also when the last move shown in the little preview includes some sort of baby air move - I'm out of there. There are enough muppets without a shred of floor craft out there why give them tools like baby air moves.
    So my foray into lessons was a bit abortive - I wandered off and found my self in a pub Quiz which was fun and kept me amused for a while.
    Food followed and sleep or possibly sleep followed and then food and then yes More Dancing. I tried not to go out too early - old tired men don't dance well. But I still staggered up those bloody stairs before 9.30. Had a few nice dances too but then Cabaret time arrived - Well I watched some of it but a fashion show dance? I mean really? So I made like Moses and got the flock out of there and buggered off to the Cycle Factory of Darkness and wandered around there for a bit. I think that’s when I realised I had missed Rachel and Marcs music. So I think I had about 5 of the 12 dances I had in there in that session. Tried the Bardoir for a bit but the Vibe had gone there.
    So muscles complaining I staggered up the bloody stairs again. God I'm Old!
    I think there was a little left of the Cabaret - some singing it was ok but I don’t think I danced until the disks started to spin again after Mr E left the stage.
    It was a very different night to Friday - Floor was full. Every single barsteward time I moved to the end of my little slot someone came on the floor and filled it in. Don't people look about them before they dance? The number of dances I had where I had to stop because people just walked onto the floor and stood where there was no space in a million gazillion years. Un-Fricking believable!!!!! Look I've gone and used five exclamation marks in a row.
    I nearly made stupid O’clock again even though I was constantly having to cover other people taking too much space or at one stage some bloke did an Halleluiah type move but he did it so fast he struck my partner across the side of the face - I was mortified. Not only was the weight of his had there but he had the equivalent of a knuckleduster in his hand because he was still holding his partners hand.
    Maybe I'm being hard on him, Maybe I should be more generous but my partner and I had been doing something mambo'y so we were not even travelling very far. No I'm not being hard Fozzy was in da howse, and Staedler and Waldorf were in the wings also waiting to pounce.
    The Music was ok Saturday Night and it did start to thin out about 2.00.
    But what goes through peoples mind when the get on the floor I cannot fathom.
    So stupid O'clock (about 4 again) arrived so I went for something Horizontal - unfortunately I hadn’t pulled so I was on my own - Thus it was fries and sleep.

AArgggggghhhhhh Sunday morning, cold shivers ran down my back, sides, head, feet. Heaters on full, shiver, open cupboard, check meter, shiver, close cupboard, step back, shiver, pause, step in and open cupboard (in double speed), Where has all the electricity gone?? Am I heating the whole of East Sussex?
    A walk to the shop followed!.
    Hands up all the people that do not know you can get leccy tokens at the shop? I didn't - do now though. Croissants, jam and coffee and Something for the weekend. Rather nice start to the day in my book - just wish I could add WARM to that sentence somewhere.

Again investigated lessons, again failed to find anything that made me think oh my god this is what I came here for. Had to take my friend to the station then so nipped off site for a jaunt. That killed 2 hours and on return could I slip my car back local to where it started? Hahahahahahahah hohohohohoho Get lost. It was miles away.
    Wandered back to the dancing to see what was afoot. Still nothing appealing in Lesson World. So I tried a bit of freestyle in the Cystern Tank - they only come in big and black so the name is quite apt because even during the day you cant see your hand in front of your face. I can’t say if I danced in there now to be honest - I was loosing it now but I know I did end up in the Bardoir again and
    another quiz. Golly. Quite fun though again. Mr Blue Sky – ELO - any one who calls me get to listen to that before I answer. Great tune. Anyway I think I just ambled about a bit and then decide I could eat and sleep some more so I braved the chill wind and headed home to Chez Moi.

Sunday night arrived and I got out fairly early can’t say for certain when, but the floor was still quite clear - delightful in point of fact. Had lots of good dances and the little bloke from Norwich was DJ'ing and he played a series of floor fillers - I don't know the names but they are the tracks that we leaders know inside out, upside down and sideways one handed. I hit every break, stutter, end that these tracks threw at me. I was buzzing around the floor. I am not certain how long this little piece of Heaven lasted for but it was brilliant fun.

The rest of the night was great too but I decided at 2.00 that I would like my own warm bed to sleep in and so I wrapped it there. Headed off to pack and hit the road for Hinckley.

So what was it really like?

I had a great time - lessons just offered me nothing but the social dancing was great - Saturday had a down side because it was so busy, possibly because those people that would have danced down stairs had like me forgotten to pack night vision goggles and thus couldn't find a decent partner even when we were down there.
    I fell in lust on a number of occasions.
    I had so many good dances.
    And I had so many compliments on my dancing and my lead that I was getting a little embarrassed. No that’s bull sheet I loved it

Thanks ladies - you made an old Tart very Happy.
    Last edited by Trousers; 9th-March-2010 at 06:51 PM.

I had a really nice time, nuf said

I just remembered the lady that I danced with who had a pink dress on , really made my weekend

Re: The Trouser Press!

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Well I had a nice time too........

loads of good stuff

Excellent read.Thanks Trousers.

Well worth the wait.

It was a bit of a mixed one for me.

Things started out well – no colds, fully functioning ankles, car and I arrived in one piece and having started off with a chalet by myself (figured that if I didn’t have a chalet mate, I couldn’t lose one) I managed to gain one in the shape of GeorgiousDancer. Had a full (bad) day at work, so arrived quite late.

Friday night I couldn’t get into it. It was nice to see a few familiar faces, but I wasn’t getting asked to dance – at all. Same happened when I came over Saturday afternoon for some daytime dancing downstairs. Now I’m quite happy to get off my backside and ask, but I’m not used to asking 90% of the time, and I found it demoralising – and it’s never been that bad before. Talking to a few other women, I heard dark mutterings about the gender balance being off and talk of women booking with phantom men. It was reassuring to know that I wasn’t the only one having issues, but it didn’t really help with getting dances, and I hate feeling like I’m having to stalk men coming off the dance floor.

I’d decided to do a few classes, and enjoyed Dale’s smooth something or other on Saturday afternoon (even if it was men on in the rotation and having wound up in the middle row at the front found myself directing traffic as they couldn’t figure out which way to go ) I then popped upstairs for Marc and Rachel’s tango which I thought was excellent – great improvement on the teaching from the workshop in November, and the guys seemed to be getting how to lead too, which made it much easier for a complete novice like me.

I’ve been trying to learn to lead MJ for some time, but am hopeless in freestyle as I’m never sure about asking the ladies at my local classes to let me lead them, so I don’t get any practice. So I thought I’d do a beginners class and then ask some of the forum girls who lead to let me practice on them (since they’d hopefully understand my struggle). So I went downstairs on Saturday afternoon to do the class, but it seemed pretty evenly gender balanced – I couldn’t very well stand as a spare as otherwise they’d have moved beginner ladies on. Then I spotted a lady hovering at the side looking as if she was considering whether to do the class or not, so I went to ask her if she wanted to do the class as a follow – some confusion ensued, but we’d just about cleared that up and were about to join the rotation when a guy came up and grabbed her off me saying that he was a taxi dancer. I knew him, and thought maybe he’d not realised that I wanted to lead so rushed after and explained, to which he snapped my head off with “well I’m a taxi dancer!”

The result was that I was so upset by his reaction that I didn’t do the class, and quite frankly, it’s put me off learning to lead. It was hard enough deciding to do the class and finding a partner without this. Even if he’d wanted to be in the rotation, the least he could have done was inform the teacher that they’d got a female lead spare, so he’d know to move the men on (I didn’t feel comfortable doing this myself as I didn’t want to interrupt). Surely a taxi dancer’s job involves making sure that all dancers are OK, leads and follows, regardless of gender? And there was certainly no need to speak to me in such a rude and aggressive manner. And the saddest thing of all? This guy is on the forum, and I would have thought would have known better.

Anyway, buckets of sympathy from Beo on the phone later, I ventured out in the evening, and decided, with some trepidation, to go to the milonga. I was even more nervous than starting Ceroc as I know how bad I am at tango! However, I have to say that the guys in there were absolute stars. I got asked to dance several times and they were all so patient when I explained that I was a complete beginner and really helped me, and several actually made me feel like I could tango. I went back again on the Sunday and also had a great time. So much to Marc and Rachel for working hard to make the milonga a welcome and inclusive experience for all levels. Sunday night I was asking Rachel about tango shoes (since I seem to wobble all over the place – not a great help!) and she promptly whipped hers off and insisted that I take a turn around the floor in them, and then, when I’d given them back, recruited Marc to dance with me too.

When I went back downstairs on Saturday night I was still struggling for dances (either to get asked or to find men who were free to be asked) so eventually wandered back upstairs about 2ish (it had been too crowded earlier) and had no problems. Found the same sort of thing on Sunday night too, though not to quite the same degree – think some of the women who were also struggling had given up and gone home, so the gender balance seemed better. I do wonder though, from other reviews above, if the gender balance is in the eye of the beholder though, as obviously others didn’t perceive this problem.

It was also fantastic seeing Batgirl looking so well, and of course blues-cuddles with DTS, as ever.

So all in all, a bit of a rollercoaster for me this one. One thing that did make it for me though was my chalet mate – even when things weren’t going so well, we had such a laugh, and luckily I’ve snaffled her chalet-sharing services for Viva too I am glad that I went though, as from the first milonga on, things improved, and I found that I ended on a real high when I eventually called it a night at about 3.30 on Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    It was a bit of a mixed one for me.

I’ve been trying to learn to lead MJ for some time, but am hopeless in freestyle as I’m never sure about asking the ladies at my local classes to let me lead them, so I don’t get any practice. So I thought I’d do a beginners class and then ask some of the forum girls who lead to let me practice on them (since they’d hopefully understand my struggle). So I went downstairs on Saturday afternoon to do the class, but it seemed pretty evenly gender balanced – I couldn’t very well stand as a spare as otherwise they’d have moved beginner ladies on. Then I spotted a lady hovering at the side looking as if she was considering whether to do the class or not, so I went to ask her if she wanted to do the class as a follow – some confusion ensued, but we’d just about cleared that up and were about to join the rotation when a guy came up and grabbed her off me saying that he was a taxi dancer. I knew him, and thought maybe he’d not realised that I wanted to lead so rushed after and explained, to which he snapped my head off with “well I’m a taxi dancer!”

The result was that I was so upset by his reaction that I didn’t do the class, and quite frankly, it’s put me off learning to lead. It was hard enough deciding to do the class and finding a partner without this. Even if he’d wanted to be in the rotation, the least he could have done was inform the teacher that they’d got a female lead spare, so he’d know to move the men on (I didn’t feel comfortable doing this myself as I didn’t want to interrupt). Surely a taxi dancer’s job involves making sure that all dancers are OK, leads and follows, regardless of gender? And there was certainly no need to speak to me in such a rude and aggressive manner. And the saddest thing of all? This guy is on the forum, and I would have thought would have known better.

That is such a shame you were treated so badly by a taxi dancer - I did taxi dancing for over 3 years and we were always told that if someone has not got a partner that we were to drop out and give our partner to them, then go and join the queue as it is more important for the people taking part in the class to have the partners.

Twirly don't let one experience put you off learning to lead as it is so useful and fun to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Talking to a few other women, I heard dark mutterings about the gender balance being off and talk of women booking with phantom men. It was reassuring to know that I wasn’t the only one having issues, but it didn’t really help with getting dances, and I hate feeling like I’m having to stalk men coming off the dance floor.

When I went back downstairs on Saturday night I was still struggling for dances (either to get asked or to find men who were free to be asked) so eventually wandered back upstairs about 2ish (it had been too crowded earlier) and had no problems. Found the same sort of thing on Sunday night too, though not to quite the same degree – think some of the women who were also struggling had given up and gone home, so the gender balance seemed better. I do wonder though, from other reviews above, if the gender balance is in the eye of the beholder though, as obviously others didn’t perceive this problem.
    I found certain places in the (main) room harder to find dances than others. I have to admit I'm quite an assertive (hopefully not too aggressive or stalkerish) asker, and tend to target who I'd like to ask to dance, plus doing some of the classes mean it's easier to catch people's eyes and get dances with those people you've already 'met'. It was probably in between these occasions that I found it harder to find people, generally as I tended to be in the busier areas upstairs where there seemed to be a lot more ladies hanging around waiting for men to come off the dancefloor.

Well to echo most of the other comments on here. WOW!

I really had a brilliant weekend. One of the best I have been to I think. I won't repeat all the things others have put so succinctly above as I agree with all the positive comments. Heavenly music, perfect partners, but just a few random observations of my own.

Arrriving on Friday about 5pm we were walking between the chalet lines and surprised two baby rabbits at the side of the path! They scampered around a bit rather startled then shot down the biggest rabbit hole I have ever seen. I think it must have been vacated by a visiting family of foxes. Anyone walking down there late at night could have disappeared for the rest of the weekend.

We were staying in the chalet next to Lory - fab location I agree. How are the saxaphone lessons going? The scale in C major I think needs a little more practice

The 2 milongas were fantastic - some brilliant leads. Especially thanks to Andy Razzle for some excellent manouvering round the room and wonderful leading! Beautifully set up room - Marc and Rachel of course. And I know he's not on the forum but thanks also to Warren for DJ-ing and extending for an extra hour both nights.

Conversation between Warren and CJ.
    W: You're a long way from home. What brought you down all this way?
    CJ: A train mostly.

I did a pole dancing session on Sat afternoon. One of the ladies hit her leg on the pole and the instructor decided she needed some ice. I think the request for first aid got lost in translation somewhere as more people kept arriving. Within 2 minutes we had 4 first aiders on the scene, all male, including a Lifeguard complete with a defibulator. I can imagine the message going out. "First aider required in the pole dancing class. Anyone available?"

You know when you watch professional pole dancers and they slide gracefully down the pole? Well in my case it wasn't so much slide as plummet. Both shins still covered in bruises where I hit the floor. Several times. I don't think Belle de Jour has got anything to worry about. At dinner Sat night in our chalet I was demonstrating my new found 'sexy wiggly walk' Everyone fell about. That wasn't the impression I intended.

Gutted I missed the 'last man standing' pic on Mon morning! I was there until about 2 mins to 6 but unusually had my sensible head on and decided I really needed to get some sleep so left. Obviously 2 minutes too early

Like many others, spent all weekend freezing, both in the chalets and the dance rooms. I did Tony and Hayley's Power Struggle class on Sat which was great fun - they are lovely teachers but I was wearing a t-shirt, a jumper and a cardigan and I was still cold. Saw a few ladies practicing the sabotage techniques later. Priceless looks on the men's faces.

Anyway thanks to all the lovely leaders in tango and the blues room who made my weekend. Could have stayed all week - hit reality with a big bump when I got home Mon afternoon

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Belle View Post
    We were staying in the chalet next to Lory - fab location I agree. How are the saxaphone lessons going? The scale in C major I think needs a little more practice
    OOOPS.. sorry about that there's no volume control on these things, it LOUD or nothing!
    Did you leave before I got to accompany James Brown singing 'I feel good' na ner na ner na ner na ?

I did a pole dancing session on Sat afternoon. One of the ladies hit her leg on the pole and the instructor decided she needed some ice. I think the request for first aid got lost in translation somewhere as more people kept arriving. Within 2 minutes we had 4 first aiders on the scene, all male, including a Lifeguard complete with a defibulator. I can imagine the message going out. "First aider required in the pole dancing class. Anyone available?"
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Would someone please tell me what a 'milonga' is.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Its a freestyle dance but for Argentine Tango instead of jive. There was a separate room for tango Sat and Sun night in the Tempest Studio where they played tango music. You'll have to try it. It's all the rage don't you know!

Saturday Cabaret.

The Fashion show was lovely to watch, we probable only needed one showing of the garments not twice, not sure who there target audience is ? The clothes were fab and the people modelling were beautiful, but a cross section of age range shape and size might attract more customers, not to mention giving some people help with what to wear, have to say there were some VERY bad examples over the weekend of ‘what not to wear’ this might sound bitchy, but I was shocked at one particular look, I have never seen anything so unflattering in all my dance dancing.
    Hi Fletch, good to see you and get a dance at the weekend.

I'm glad I see see I fell within the same age range and shape as the other men or did we even get noticed

Standout clothing is actually advertising the fact that they sell or hire competition outfits now. It's one thing that competitors struggle with.

There were a lot of unknowns and ideas. The first show at Swish had four couples simply freestyling. Balca was looking to add numbers and a little choreography. The "models" were to be split into two groups with each half dancing a track. However, with only one hour to prepare and the addition of the choreography things got changed. This also limited the options for the outfit change that was made at Swish.

All said, I think Richard Beauvison did a great job adding introduction and choreography with the hour given not long before the show started.

I think smaller numbers would have suited freestyle part better. Not that I am bothered about being lost at the back on the video or anything

At Swish the dancing was to a live band with one funky and one latin track. I think Balca would welcome ideas on music etc.

All the dancers dancing to two funky tracks with the same outfits may have not been the best choice.

Hopefully, there will be others arranged and the idea will develop.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    OOOPS.. sorry about that there's no volume control on these things, it LOUD or nothing!
    Did you leave before I got to accompany James Brown singing 'I feel good' na ner na ner na ner na ?

Think our chalet was by yours as well then, as my 2 chalet mates couldn't believe what they were hearing as they emerged from their beds Shame I missed it, I could've brought mine to play some duets!

After announcing the half hour extention at 5:30 AM Monday morning, Marc also said that he felt that this weekend was extra special. He took the words straight out of my mouth, - & so many other people I spoke to felt the same way.

The biggest buzz for me was the social side of the weekend. It's great to see so many familiar faces (recent, old & new) from so many different places, - and have a bit of time to get to know people better.

By Sunday night I was feeling pretty danced out. I took it easy, & was quite happy to just chill, take in the atmosphere & have the occasional dance... Usually Sunday night/Monday morning's are the best night of dancing for me, but I felt a bit burnt out... - I expected the evening to end that way & I was intending to call it a night around 4:30 - 5AM....

..BUT, the music and lovely lovely available partners around at that time (Lory, Rachel, Maxine, JayJay, SunnyBunny (how spoilt was I?!) kept me staying till 6:15.

After a few failed attempts to leave, I'm just glad my dance shoes are slip-ons !

Ending on a high really made that difference to the last night.

Parking: no problem - & near to accomodation.

Check-in: quick.

Executive apartment: not bad at all, lovely & warm, not a bad kitchen, beds 'OK', prefer a wooden floor though, and the shower isn't great.

Classes: not as many caught my eye as usual, guess that's a personal thing, men-on in most I attended,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Unintentionally stumbled upon the 'Hot New Moves' workshop taken by Alex Faulkner which was fabulous, stayed as a mixed partner (which really helped...thank you Phil dB ).
    Thank-you too! That was great fun wasn't it

Music in the main room (when I ventured in there): More suited to a rave. Relentlessly consistant selection of sped up dance remixes. Real shame, as i would have liked to spend more time up in there

Milonga room atmosphere, tea & biscuits: I can't tango, but twas a lovely little oasis, and I do love a nice cup of tea!

Music in the COZ: Superb.

Twirlys Shortbread biscuits: Mom mom mom mom mom!

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    i was in the last people standing photo taken by carl adams not sure whos camera he used (need a copy please someone)
    I didn't realise that it wasn't Carl's camera when he took that shot else I would've handed him mine afterwards, - I would like to see that one too...

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Milonga has two meanings, the first is a freestile tango dance, the second is it is a dance form in its own right, it is closely related to tango, no big surprise there, but is in its simplest form, a 6 step box dance performed to a quicker beat than tango

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_dB View Post

Music in the main room (when I ventured in there): More suited to a rave. Relentlessly consistant selection of sped up dance remixes. Real shame, as i would have liked to spend more time up in there

really ?? what rave's do you go to then! I havn't been to one playing anything like the music upstairs ? It might help if you were more specific what would you have like to have hear up there?

really ?? what rave's do you go to then! I havn't been to one playing anything like the music upstairs ? It might help if you were more specific what would you have like to have hear up there?
    Well, it has been 15 years since my last rave, so admittedly my memory is slightly hazy. None the less, it did brought back memories of fluorescent whistles and white gloves. + I wasn't alone in making that comparison over the weekend.

To be more specific, I'd have been quite happy with the standard selection of music played at any bog standard Ceroc/LeRoc class night. At least there is some contrast and mix in the music. All I heard (when I was in there) was bang bang bang.

As said ^^^ , - I didn't spend a huge amount of time in there so my experience is obviously blighted, - but my short stay was purely down to the tracks on offer when I was in there. I've had pretty much the same experience on the other Ceroc weekenders I've attended, - I spent longer in the main room then, thinking that the music might get better... occasionally it does, but i've found it always to be short lived.

I'm sure there were times when the music was more to my taste, - but I obviously missed those occasions.

Thread Information