Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help.. any old photo's?

Blog Entries

Re: Help.. any old photo's?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    This is my Great Uncle Leonard Cohen - he was killed in a Lancaster bomber coming back from a raid on Liepsig on 20th October 1943.

I have been using Kelby Online Training to learn Lightroom but it also covers Photoshop and lots of other stuff. A months subscription cost $25. I have been sufficiently impressed to sigh up for a year $200

My one criticism is, if you forget a short cut, it is quite difficult to find the appropriate lesson but Matt Klosky and Scott Kelby do some excellent books too

Yes, the american accent is irritating, but you get used to it

If you have dual monitors, you can have Lghtroom open in one and lesson open in the other

Warning Matt Klosky and Co have very big very expensive toy cupboards Joe McNally in adition to a D3 has about 9 yes 9 SB900s

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I got this sign

This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I got this sign
    Bugger, that's probably because I'm routed through an American IP address, sorry.
    It was a YouTube vid of Leonard Cohen doing Hallelujah.

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    I have been using Kelby Online Training to learn Lightroom but it also covers Photoshop and lots of other stuff. A months subscription cost $25. I have been sufficiently impressed to sigh up for a year $200

My one criticism is, if you forget a short cut, it is quite difficult to find the appropriate lesson but Matt Klosky and Scott Kelby do some excellent books too

Yes, the american accent is irritating, but you get used to it

If you have dual monitors, you can have Lghtroom open in one and lesson open in the other

Warning Matt Klosky and Co have very big very expensive toy cupboards Joe McNally in adition to a D3 has about 9 yes 9 SB900s
    Scott Kelby is my fave PS book author; didn't know about his online teaching. Victoria Bampton's (Lightroom Queen) ebook on LR is the only one I've read - not been totally convinced to go the LR route yet.

NINE SB900s????? Daft! Zach Arias has a really good blog on flash and other lighting techniques. When you 'need' nine SB900s, you 'know' it's time to use another lighting system - one that is cheaper!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    I
    Joe McNally in adition to a D3 has about 9 yes 9 SB900s
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post

NINE SB900s????? Daft! Zach Arias has a really good blog on flash and other lighting techniques. When you 'need' nine SB900s, you 'know' it's time to use another lighting system - one that is cheaper!
    I don't think Joe McNally has to worry about money, I've seen a few of his projects on YouTube and they're not exactly on the same scale as the average photographer!

I've posted this before but for those interested in photography, I think you might enjoy!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    ......- not been totally convinced to go the LR route yet.
    This lesson by Matt Kloskowski is free and covers some of LR advantages. The more I use LR, the more I like it . At last I can very quickly find any photo I want , even if they are on an external drive. I have not used any other programs, so I cant compare it with anything else

..... When you 'need' nine SB900s, you 'know' it's time to use another lighting system - one that is cheaper
    I suspect he was given a load of SB 900 by Nikon to make the video and yes you cant help think why didn't he use a proper studio flash and a pocket wizard

Thread Information