Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavenly Dance Shoes - Sandi is retiring...

Re: Heavenly Dance Shoes - Sandi is retiring...

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Does he cater for awkward feet...? As in I have different sized feet, weak ankles and need a higher heel in one than the other .........
    absolutely ..... he draws around your feet to make a template of the sole, then you choose the heel, style and material of the shoe and it is made specifically for you.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

This is terrible news!!! I do wish Sandie and Larry a happy and relaxing retirement , but have no idea where I'm going to get lovely dance shoes (being a shoe size not made by most ladies shoe companies). Fortunately Paul has given approval for a couple of pairs of Heavenlies to be ordered to keep me going

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I really haven't thought about it, but would probably go for something ivory and simple, so I suppose I could roughly plan the shoes... Would love to know what style and fabrics others who have had Heavenlies for their weddings got, maybe I should get a pair for my bottom drawer... after all, you never know what's round the corner!
    I knew I would have Heavenly wedding shoes ever since Paul gave me two pairs of Heavenlies for my birthday and took me to the Heavenly shop to try designs and choose materials. Sandie told me I should marry him (he'd bought her flowers to thank her for being so helpful long-distance to Glasgow and patient with finding the right style for my difficult-to-fit feet), so it was sort of inevitable where the wedding shoes would come from!

I had a very white wedding dress (which wasn't in the plan at all, but it sort of snuck up on me). I chose pale lavender shoes - there's no rule that says you HAVE to have shoes the same colour as the dress. (In fact, if you're buying the two separately, it's probably safest to go very different as trying to match two close colours is harder and looks more noticeable if it's wrong!). I wanted mine to be a colour I'd wear again, so picked my favourite colour. As such it did also fit with the flowers and the bridesmaids dresses. Since they had lavender dresses and white shoes it seemed nicely complementary.

I ordered the WCS heels and they were utterly comfortable all day but still looked lovely. Closed-toe fantasty front in lavender leather with pale lavender/iris rough glitter on the heels, straps and trim. Sandie was great and even posted me the heel pieces so that I could customize them with the same butterflies used in our wedding stationery. So my wedding shoes are totally unique to our wedding day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LemonCake; 8th-March-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    Who needs an excuse to get Heavenlies made? Although if I had some made for a special occasion it'd be so tempting to wear them straightaway!

I was all set to order some at Metropolis but they weren't there!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    absolutely ..... he draws around your feet to make a template of the sole, then you choose the heel, style and material of the shoe and it is made specifically for you.
    Oh drat! Call the bank

Thanks for the info Minnie. I just bought some shoes so I think I won't be able to justify buying a new pair from Heavenly before they retire. (Bother! - understated quote - more like) Sigh, as a result I will keep Colin's shop info as a bookmark and go and annoy him as soon as I need a new pair.

Cheers WT

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Me, me, I did!
    I may be wrong, but I think Twirly may be planning to wear Heavenlies to her wedding too?
    I was, but when I went up there to have a look and try some on, they were all, barring one style, far too wide for my very narrow feet I was gutted to say the least. And unfortunately, the one style that did fit were very strappy and not very comfy. So I will never own a pair of Heavenlies...

All the same, I agree that this is extremely sad news. I find that the choice of dance shoes out there is actually quite limited, and they filled (for everyone but me!) a big gap in the market...

At the moment, I'm finding that I actually have to buy children's dance shoes to get something that is (just about) narrow enough to fit me and give my feet any support (which they really need), and that it's even worse since I lost some weight. If anyone knows of a good make for very narrow feet, do please let me know.

Update:

Sandie has joined Facebook (as Sandie Page), make friends with her if you want to be in touch with her on there.

I have suggested her to most of my friends already. I'm not expecting her to be a heavy user, but it can be a useful way of communicating sometimes.

ZW

Blog Entries

Sandi and Larry are flying off to start their new life in Thailand on August 18th. There's some good news for us, though. Today, the local council have approved the transfer of the lease over to the new owner. I understand he's called Lawrence and he has a background in designing stage shoes for Gamba.

Sandi's clearing a lot of the old stock - so there are some rather nice bargains to be had at the shop....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I understand he's called Lawrence and he has a background in designing stage shoes for Gamba.
    Oooops! He's called Lewis!

Hi folks

Have tried calling the Heavenly Dance Shoes number on the website, with no response.... anyone know:
    - if someone else has taken over the business now, and their new contact details
    - or anyone else who can make extra-wide size 13 male ballroom shoes?

Thanks!
    Frances

Hi Frances

I recently made a trip to Heavenly Dance Shoes to get some shoes and the shop has been taken over by new owners, who made me some nice dance shoes.

I would keep trying if I were you, as they are there!! Good Luck.

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

I bought my heavenlies 4 years ago and they are still going strong the most comfy shoes. Will have to look out for the new guy and see if I can justify a new pair of shoes.

Thread Information