Thread: Winter Olympics

Blog Entries

Winter Olympics

I'm not a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, I tend to have an occasional look whenever I get 5 minutes.
    The last time I watched it and there was something new and mental worth looking at, it was Luge and Skeleton. This time it was Ski-Cross.
    I don't know if it's a new thing, but it looks more exciting than the usual "time-trial" type of skiing.
    For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, it's like moto-cross but on Skis instead of motorbikes. Lot's of hills, bumps and jumps and 4 skiers racing each other with shoving, elbows and crashing.
    Pretty entertaining and definitely worth a look; not sure I could watch all the hours of coverage of it though.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Winter Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    This time it was Ski-Cross.
    I don't know if it's a new thing, but it looks more exciting than the usual "time-trial" type of skiing.
    For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, it's like moto-cross but on Skis instead of motorbikes. Lot's of hills, bumps and jumps and 4 skiers racing each other with shoving, elbows and crashing.
    Yes, I saw a bit of that and its the only thing that's really grabbed my attention

When a race is against the clock, it all starts to get a bit repetitive after a while, everyone looks the same to me
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, I tend to have an occasional look whenever I get 5 minutes.
    The last time I watched it and there was something new and mental worth looking at, it was Luge and Skeleton. This time it was Ski-Cross.
    Pretty entertaining and definitely worth a look; not sure I could watch all the hours of coverage of it though.
    Yes was interesting and funny, some seem to get stuck at the top of the first 'bump'

Was it 8yrs ago that I attended the Winter Olympics

It is really entertaining, although I'm getting a bit sick of both Chris Evans & Simon Mayo going on about it on both directions of my commute.

All I can say is that thank god for iplayer as I've not managed to watch any of the ice skating on tv this time round which I love.

Recorded most of the highlights programmes, but the Ski Cross and the Snowboarding are the only things that I have watched right through, so far. The skeleton and the luge I have watched quite a lot of, but not everything.. Ice skating looks more interesting when you speed it up 8, 16 or even 32 times

WT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Yes was interesting and funny, some seem to get stuck at the top of the first 'bump'

Was it 8yrs ago that I attended the Winter Olympics
    Was that as your alter-ego Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I do believe the bump is called a wutang

Boardcross and the skicross have been great to watch - some definite ow and ouch moments

Watching the women's skicross on Freeview + last night, my other half and I were in hysterics laughing at the competitor who almost didn't make it past the second wutang (ended up in near splits), came down well behind first and second place and then crashed going over the final jump into the grandstand. It's just like watching you've been framed

Anyway, if you like that, you'd love this...

Anybody else disappointed the BBC aren't doing a half hour highlights programme like they did for the summer olympics?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post

Anybody else disappointed the BBC aren't doing a half hour highlights programme like they did for the summer olympics?
    They are, but it's via the red button - I watch it at breakfast time.
    I don't know when it starts and finishes but they seem to show it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Andy View Post
    They are, but it's via the red button - I watch it at breakfast time.
    I don't know when it starts and finishes but they seem to show it several times.
    Ah that's where it is - thanks

We've got the games as series link on Freeview + in case there's anything specific we want to watch but I quite enjoyed the half hour catch up for the summer games

Thread Information