Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parking at Camber - March 2010

Re: Parking at Camber - March 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Not at booking time, at entry. They have a list with names on, then slot the reg number against it. If they follow this method through, you would not be able to book on a 'name' that has already registered/arrived.
    I have a feeling that the problem last year occurred where a parking space had been sold. The unscrupulous person knew the name of the seller, arrived before the buyer, gave the sellers name and so stole it.

Unless all details are given at booking, or a reference number is given (and they do issue a booking number when you book your chalet, so that could be used) this is quite hard to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Unless all details are given at booking, or a reference number is given (and they do issue a booking number when you book your chalet, so that could be used) this is quite hard to prevent.
    Hmmm, paper parking permit?

SpinDr

Really? I booked for vlv last week including two car parking spaces. I just had a quick look online and you can still book just car parking spaces for vlv - so you might want to try again.

I'd anticipate Storm being sold out however.
    Oops, we're going to buy our parking tickets for VLV at Storm (hopefully), but it was Bliss we could only get 1 parking slot for instead of the 2 we needed for the whole of our chalet. I wasn't booking it so don't know if that's all that we were allowed to have or whether that was all that was left.

I thought that a parking permit system was being implemented this year or am I wrong?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    I thought that a parking permit system was being implemented this year or am I wrong?
    Do you mean something new and different?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I don't know what was in place before (never been to Camber) but I thought that something was being put in place (slips being sent out to people who have booked? ). I may have got the wrong end of the stick.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    What they could do is this:
    • give the people at the gate a list showing the names of lead names and the booking reference number that you get from the website when you book
    • make sure lead names know the reference number and (if they've booked a couple of spaces) tell the other car drivers in their party

That way, to get a parking place you'd need to know the surname and booking reference- which is a combination you'd find it hard to guess. Plus you don't need to send out anything in the post - you'd just need an email explaining the system.

Simples...

However I have no idea if they're actually doing anything of the sort.
    Last edited by DavidY; 25th-February-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added last bit.
    Love dance, will travel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    That way, to get a parking place you'd need to know the surname and booking reference- which is a combination you'd find it hard to guess. Plus you don't need to send out anything in the post - you'd just need an email explaining the system.
    After speaking to some of people dealing with the check-in and parking issues etc., they said, some people who turn up, don't even know the name of the person who booked or who's the lead name of their party

Simple it maybe but you have to allow for the idiot factor!
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

No you don't - the idiots simply don't get to park the first night if they've not bothered to get the information from their lead booker! Simples... (yes, I am in a mean mood )

No you don't - the idiots simply don't get to park the first night if they've not bothered to get the information from their lead booker! Simples... (yes, I am in a mean mood )

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Hopfully I will be OK thaer arnt to many 'fletch's with 'fl06tch' number plate, the thought of dragging all my clothes from the road

I'll try and srart early 2pm entry isn't it?

Blog Entries

Just to let you all know...

Last night, I was speaking to someone at UTOPIA, who told me they'd been sent a 'parking voucher/permit' in the post!

With that, I immediately turned to someone else standing next to me and asked if they'd paid for parking at Camber and if so, had they received a voucher ?" to which they replied "Yes".. they both got them about 10 days ago!

Apparently, the recipient writes their car reg on it, then hands it in on arrival.

If everyone who's paid for parking gets one sent to them, I think it will solve the problem completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Just to let you all know...

Last night, I was speaking to someone at UTOPIA, who told me they'd been sent a 'parking voucher/permit' in the post!

With that, I immediately turned to someone else standing next to me and asked if they'd paid for parking at Camber and if so, had they received a voucher ?" to which they replied "Yes".. they both got them about 10 days ago!

Apparently, the recipient writes their car reg on it, then hands it in on arrival.

If everyone who's paid for parking gets one sent to them, I think it will solve the problem completely.
    we haven't got one - we booked months ago with parking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    we haven't got one - we booked months ago with parking.
    Come to think of it, both the people I talking to happened to be teachers, so maybe its a staff thing

Come to think of it, both the people I talking to happened to be teachers, so maybe its a staff thing
    you had me worried there

Would be a good idea, although we quite often have issues at the last minute which means cars might have to change (eg Blush I had tyre problems which couldn't be solved in the short time so we had to go in someone else's car)

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    Would be a good idea, although we quite often have issues at the last minute which means cars might have to change (eg Blush I had tyre problems which couldn't be solved in the short time so we had to go in someone else's car)
    System could still work though. If the person has the registration number of the car that is supposed to be parking to give to the guys on the gate and/or a paper parking permit and/or the booking reference number.

Clearly the system needs to be improved thanks to certain people's dishonesty.

Thread Information