Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking at Camber - March 2010

Parking at Camber - March 2010

Hi all, long time no see!

Does anyone know the deal with parking at Storm this year? One of our party is driving directly to Camber from Heathrow late on Fri night (was originally supposed to be coming in our car, which has a space booked, but he's working abroad that week)....He can't get a parking space (sold out) but doesn't want to cancel either!

Is there a nearby car park/on-road parking if he can't get a parking space on site? Or...does some kind soul have a spare space they would like to sell?

Thanks for any advice

Kel x

Re: Parking at Camber - March 2010

Can't help with a spare space, but off site parking is on the road outside. Don't know how busy it gets if he's there late, but I'm sure there'll be somewhere to park.

Be wary of off site parking, there have been reports in the past of cars being vandalised or broken into when left in the surrounding streets.

I think in one of the aftermath threads for a recent Camber it was reported that people were being allowed through to park on site whether or not they'd paid the parking fee. No idea how true this was.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Be wary of off site parking, there have been reports in the past of cars being vandalised or broken into when left in the surrounding streets..
    Unfortunately true ......... safer to park in the side streets outside houses

...I think in one of the aftermath threads for a recent Camber it was reported that people were being allowed through to park on site whether or not they'd paid the parking fee. No idea how true this was.
    True as well I noticed that last year, but not at the start, you couldn't get past the Ceroc police without giving reg numbers etc., but once they were gone it was down to the Pontin's staff

It caused really bad parking probs so annoying for those who paid their money - and in VLV the parking has gone up to £20

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    in VLV the parking has gone up to £20
    Yes, I'd noticed. Presumably a money-making exercise? The news about cars being vandalised when parked outside presumably increases demand, so Ceroc can get away with charging it. I can't imagine that the real cost to Ceroc of allowing people to park has doubled!

Thanks everyone, will feed back to the guy in question and see what he wants to do

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I can't imagine that the real cost to Ceroc of allowing people to park has doubled!
    I don't think there is any real 'cost' to Ceroc of allowing people to park. I think the charge is just intended to limit demand and to try to encourage car sharing.

Yes, I'd noticed. Presumably a money-making exercise? The news about cars being vandalised when parked outside presumably increases demand, so Ceroc can get away with charging it. I can't imagine that the real cost to Ceroc of allowing people to park has doubled!
    Rhythm Riot, the R&B weeekend at Camber that I go to every year has over 2000 people (only about half are dancers tho) they dont charge for parking - but they do lay on coaches from various points, such as Victora, Gatwick & Heathrow - cuts down the number of car users quite a bit. Mind you the cost of their weekends are a lot higher than Ceroc

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    I don't think there is any real 'cost' to Ceroc of allowing people to park. I think the charge is just intended to limit demand and to try to encourage car sharing.
    yup, I agree

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think in one of the aftermath threads for a recent Camber it was reported that people were being allowed through to park on site whether or not they'd paid the parking fee. No idea how true this was.
    It was true

Due to a less than foolproof scheme, some people managed to beat the system by using names of people they knew hadn't arrived yet and therefore they deprived the people who'd really paid for the place.

I know people this happened to and it made for a very ugly start to their weekend

I hope the system has now been modified to stop people doing this again.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I think you might be hoping in vain... I've just checked my confirmation e-mail for Storm and it's the usual blurb. So give the name of someone with a car parking space and it's all yours if you get there first.

I think you might be hoping in vain... I've just checked my confirmation e-mail for Storm and it's the usual blurb. So give the name of someone with a car parking space and it's all yours if you get there first.
    wonder if I'll get away with twirly

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    It was true

Due to a less than foolproof scheme, some people managed to beat the system by using names of people they knew hadn't arrived yet and therefore they deprived the people who'd really paid for the place.

I know people this happened to and it made for a very ugly start to their weekend

Wow - didn't know about that one, I did hear of cars coming in that hadn't booked on Saturday via the Pontin's staff

......... So give the name of someone with a car parking space and it's all yours if you get there first.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    wonder if I'll get away with twirly
    I gave my registration number plus my name, hmmmm........ I am sure the Ceroc officials at Camber know about this scam from last year, so I wouldn't take the chance, you could find yourself with a large fine OR being towed to the local pound

--ooOoo--

Wow - didn't know about that one, I did hear of cars coming in that hadn't booked on Saturday via the Pontin's staff
    I gave my registration number plus my name, hmmmm........ I am sure the Ceroc officials at Camber know about this scam from last year, so I wouldn't take the chance, you could find yourself with a large fine OR being towed to the local pound
    Minnie - to whom did you give your details? I wasn't asked for anything when I booked my space for either Storm or myself and someone else for VLV. The only way this could be managed is by these being given on booking so that the car registraion matches that of the booking on arrival. Just taking the details on arrival proves nothing.

and in VLV the parking has gone up to £20
    We've been trying to book for VLV and couldn't get parking spaces on line. We're just hoping we can book spaces at Storm as advertised.

Do you really think anyone on this planet would belive me if I said my name was "Twirly", anyway I'm paid up and ready to go, cant wait, and I'm taking my table as well
    Last edited by Lory; 26th-February-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    and I'm taking my table as well
    Can me and Paul book in please

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    We've been trying to book for VLV and couldn't get parking spaces on line. We're just hoping we can book spaces at Storm as advertised.
    Really? I booked for vlv last week including two car parking spaces. I just had a quick look online and you can still book just car parking spaces for vlv - so you might want to try again.

I'd anticipate Storm being sold out however.

Hi all

Because of work i dont think i can make camber!
    So i have a spare ticket !!

If you are interested facebook me

Danielle Moore
    and i will give you details.. thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    It was true

Yes I took my 38 Tonne truck down last year.

Gave the names of 10 people I knew hadn't arrived before they would let me park the thing

I have heard cars have been damaged off site

The overspill I understand (24 hr security nearby field was stop by the council ?)

Minnie - to whom did you give your details? I wasn't asked for anything when I booked my space for either Storm or myself and someone else for VLV. The only way this could be managed is by these being given on booking so that the car registraion matches that of the booking on arrival. Just taking the details on arrival proves nothing.
    Not at booking time, at entry. They have a list with names on, then slot the reg number against it. If they follow this method through, you would not be able to book on a 'name' that has already registered/arrived.

--ooOoo--

Thread Information