Thread: Its better than EastEnders but more confusing than Lost in here

Its better than EastEnders but more confusing than Lost in here

I just have that feeling I've missed some episodes.

We had the Jive Addiction, Wes Email, John email / legal threats, Wes mysterious email (not seen) thread /possible apology.

Then Blackpool 2010 which has been shaken up with a change in management as well. I notice Jive Addiction's name again and we also have a legal threat again.

God I love the British libel and slander laws. At some point they're going to be reviewed and changed.

I'm waiting for the forum to be taken over and the slumbering giant that is Ceroc to be drawn into Battle.

More developments in the New Year? Who needs Strictly Take Two

Phil

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Its better than EastEnders but more confusing than Lost in here

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    God I love the British libel and slander laws. At some point they're going to be reviewed and changed.
    no such thing - there are differences between north and south of the border :
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.out-law.com/page-5624
    Distinction between libel and slander under English law

Generally speaking, slander is when a defamatory statement has been made orally without justification. If the statement was made in a permanent form, for example, recording words onto tape, it would not be slander but libel.

Libellous statements are those that are recorded with some degree of permanence. This would include statements made by email or on on-line bulletin boards.

In Scotland, the distinction between libel and slander is not of importance. In the face of any such action, it is then up to the person making the statement to show he or she had justification for making the statement in question.

Commercial Operator

I just have that feeling I've missed some episodes.

We had the Jive Addiction, Wes Email, John email / legal threats, Wes mysterious email (not seen) thread /possible apology.

Then Blackpool 2010 which has been shaken up with a change in management as well. I notice Jive Addiction's name again and we also have a legal threat again.

I'm waiting for the forum to be taken over and the slumbering giant that is Ceroc to be drawn into Battle.

More developments in the New Year? Who needs Strictly Take Two

Phil
    Phil. Its not a complete change in management, Sue has been a partner of achance2dance since 2004 and has been involved since the comp started.

Have no worries it will be just as good an event.

Matt

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    Phil. Its not a complete change in management, Sue has been a partner of achance2dance since 2004 and has been involved since the comp started.
    but it is still a change in management and you are not even keeping the name. Can we assume that this comp will be anything like previous events? why are you billing it as "NEW Blackpool" if you think so ?

Have no worries it will be just as good an event.
    forgive me - but what do you base that opinion on ?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    but it is still a change in management and you are not even keeping the name. Can we assume that this comp will be anything like previous events? why are you billing it as "NEW Blackpool" if you think so ?

forgive me - but what do you base that opinion on ?
    People make an understandable mistake by assuming Tony Murphy was achance2dance, however he was simply a front man for a competition owned by Sue Henson & Angelina Murphy.

The new comp will be run by Sue Henson.

We cant keep the same name as the company is in dispute this is why we needed to rename the event.

I base my opinion on the event being just as good because it is going to be ran by Sue and myself, the competitors will be just as good, venue the same and line-up of judges improved.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

People make an understandable mistake by assuming Tony Murphy was achance2dance
    who makes this mistake? surely everyone knows several people are behind it, even if who "owned" it was not so well known.

We cant keep the same name as the company is in dispute this is why we needed to rename the event.
    Point of view surely - aren't you creating a new event to try and replace the old one?

I base my opinion on the event being just as good because it is going to be ran by Sue and myself, the competitors will be just as good, venue the same and line-up of judges improved.
    So other than the venue being the same, everything else is an unknown?

People make an understandable mistake by assuming Tony Murphy was achance2dance, however he was simply a front man for a competition owned by Sue Henson & Angelina Murphy.

The new comp will be run by Sue Henson.

What a load of rubbish!

Tony and Angelina are married (derr...) so if Angelina owns half of C2D for legal or fiscal reasons then Tony is more than a 'front man' - besides that, it was my understanding that it was Tony, Angelina, Keith and Jayney that started C2D in the first place, so it's more than understandable for people to associate the event with him and Angie since Keith & Jayney sold their interest - and especially so as Tony did such a brilliant job of hosting the events.

If people haven't seen Tony's email regarding the back stabbing that went on regarding this then let me know and I'll send it on - it sickens me to hear of what so called 'friends' are capable of when greed rears its ugly head - oh, and look at who the ugly head of greed is (again...)

Another acrimonious split up involving 'schhhhh, you know who' - seriously, when are people going to get wise to this???

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    who makes this mistake? surely everyone knows several people are behind it, even if who "owned" it was not so well known.

Point of view surely - aren't you creating a new event to try and replace the old one?

So other than the venue being the same, everything else is an unknown?
    Wish i knew how to quote individual lines to reply.

Emails have come to me and comments have been made that " i have stolen the comp from Tony murphy........ As stated, Tony was never "achance2dance".

New name due to achance2dance is a LTD company therefore cant be used.

Sue produced the running order of the event, this will remain the same as will the judging criteria, i sorted out the prize givings............ Basicly the only change will be the compare and the music, the music will now be done by Sue and i with Dance Demon and two other DJ's.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    What a load of rubbish!

Tony and Angelina are married (derr...) so if Angelina owns half of C2D for legal or fiscal reasons then Tony is more than a 'front man' - besides that, it was my understanding that it was Tony, Angelina, Keith and Jayney that started C2D in the first place, so it's more than understandable for people to associate the event with him and Angie since Keith & Jayney sold their interest - and especially so as Tony did such a brilliant job of hosting the events.

If people haven't seen Tony's email regarding the back stabbing that went on regarding this then let me know and I'll send it on - it sickens me to hear of what so called 'friends' are capable of when greed rears its ugly head - oh, and look at who the ugly head of greed is (again...)

Another acrimonious split up involving 'schhhhh, you know who' - seriously, when are people going to get wise to this???
    Rocky, i do not intend to get into a battle with you, you are Tony's mate and im sure you would back him to the end, however when Tony sends a retraction of his version of events to all that he has emailed out to; it will be nothing to do with a confidentiality agreement.

It will be due to the FACT he has lied

Now obviously i am not going to prove this in public as it is in the hands of my solicitor and im not the type to throw money away if i cant prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco
    ...........and line-up of judges improved
    very interesting .......... different I would expect but improvements on David & Lily Barker plus Nigel & Nina

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    very interesting .......... different I would expect but improvements on David & Lily Barker plus Nigel & Nina
    Granted. Appologies to david, Lilly, Nigel, Nina and any other previous judge.

Hi all
    Just thought people may like to know a little about the history of chance 2 dance, no politics, no digs just a nice story about values, friends and an aim to bring many like minded people together.

Are we sitting comfortably?.............Then we'll begin.

After winning the team category of the UK Open Jive Championship, a competition run by Robert and Claire Austin of Le Jive, in 1999, Angelina and Tony Murphy along with Keith and Janey Davies were preparing to defend the title the following year, when sadly, due to various reasons the competition was cancelled. This came as a blow to all involved. Tony was working in Blackpool at the time, and in true Cliff Richard style thought "lets do the show right here", after a quick enquiry to the tower and subsequently to the winter gardens, followed by phone calls to the rest of the gang, it was decided that we could and would put on a truly independent competition, where through fair judgement and holding the attendees enjoyment in high regard, we will put on a show to beat all shows......

..... Six months and many sleepless nights later, Chance 2 Dance opened its doors for the first time. (The name came from a business Tony had many years earlier, when he made T-Shirts and earrings).

Although financially it was a failure, we felt that we had learnt too much to leave it as a one off, and would continue to make Chance 2 Dance an annual event, and thanks to lots of support from all over the dance world, we were on the map as 'the competition to win'.

After a couple of years Keith and Janey, had that call from nature and decided that they needed to spend more time together or they would never be able to start a family (Mischa was born the following year), and sold their share in the company to Sue Taylor, who had previously been a judge for us, Sue later married Matt and became Sue Henson.

The competition went from strength to strength, although never making vast amounts of money it covered expenses, and everyone always had a great time.

The values of all having a good time and being independent remained and helped by a strong team of helpers, who were all friends and family, and constant help from all around the country with advertising, Chance 2 Dance was all ready and prepared to celebrate its 10th birthday, and then................

Angelina and Tony are very proud of their achievement, and very saddened by the way events have turned out.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

New name due to achance2dance is a LTD company therefore cant be used.

Of course it can - normally the directors would change under such circumstances - assuming the new company structure change was amicable that is.

So basically you are saying "achance2dance ltd" have nothing to do with this new competition whatsoever and it is a new and untested company that expects customers to pretend it is "a chance to dance" and proceed to Blackpool as normal? You clearly think previous spectators and competitors will put their trust in this new company - but will they ? (lets hope people don't judge it by the new website - your "shop front" to the world )

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2D View Post
    Hi all
    Just thought people may like to know a little about the history of chance 2 dance, no politics, no digs just a nice story about values, friends and an aim to bring many like minded people together.

Are we sitting comfortably?.............Then we'll begin.

After winning the team category of the UK Open Jive Championship, a competition run by Robert and Claire Austin of Le Jive, in 1999, Angelina and Tony Murphy along with Keith and Janey Davies were preparing to defend the title the following year, when sadly, due to various reasons the competition was cancelled. This came as a blow to all involved. Tony was working in Blackpool at the time, and in true Cliff Richard style thought "lets do the show right here", after a quick enquiry to the tower and subsequently to the winter gardens, followed by phone calls to the rest of the gang, it was decided that we could and would put on a truly independent competition, where through fair judgement and holding the attendees enjoyment in high regard, we will put on a show to beat all shows......

..... Six months and many sleepless nights later, Chance 2 Dance opened its doors for the first time. (The name came from a business Tony had many years earlier, when he made T-Shirts and earrings).

Although financially it was a failure, we felt that we had learnt too much to leave it as a one off, and would continue to make Chance 2 Dance an annual event, and thanks to lots of support from all over the dance world, we were on the map as 'the competition to win'.

After a couple of years Keith and Janey, had that call from nature and decided that they needed to spend more time together or they would never be able to start a family (Mischa was born the following year), and sold their share in the company to Sue Taylor, who had previously been a judge for us, Sue later married Matt and became Sue Henson.

The competition went from strength to strength, although never making vast amounts of money it covered expenses, and everyone always had a great time.

The values of all having a good time and being independent remained and helped by a strong team of helpers, who were all friends and family, and constant help from all around the country with advertising, Chance 2 Dance was all ready and prepared to celebrate its 10th birthday, and then................

Angelina and Tony are very proud of their achievement, and very saddened by the way events have turned out.
    A true (i think) reflection of achance2dance.
    We are also saddened by the way this has turned out, it could have been so very different.

Hmm Im watching this with interest. But....The Clue is in the name CEROC SCOTLAND FORUM so..hows it going to take over itself?? Ho Hum another battle looms. As a friend qouted recently it makes the Ice Cream war look like a slight disagreement!

Done my share of rowing with both achance2dance and Jive Addiction in the past! Time to sit back and watch the fireworks!! But if it comes to it, I know what side I would take.... and people......Never , ever wake the sleepig Giant! Lines will be drawn!!
    Last edited by DavidY; 1st-January-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

At this point, and before this thread deteriorates, I'd just like to make a heartfelt plea to both parties not to air their grievances in public on this forum. We've seen that here before from other parties, and it's not pretty. As far as I can see, what needs saying has been said. Nobody gains anything by drawing battle lines and involving the general dancing public.

Just my attempt to bring a bit of New Year peace and harmony on here.

this is my second attempt at posting - put it on once already but its gone!!

just my thoughts on this whole thing.....

I will not be attending Blackpool in 2010. I have been the competition DJ for "achance2dance" since the start of the competition. My loyalty will always lie with Tony, Ange and Charlie no matter how much money im offered to continue or the other perks, I shall never attend an event thats trying to be something it isnt.
    I was only asked to dj the new blackpool after declining the invite on Facebook to join their group, wasnt a very professional approach...felt like they were trying to buy me.
    Although I wish all at the new comp luck, I am very saddened that after all these yrs, the backstabbing and bitchyness within dance has raised its ugly head and caused a 1 sided collapse of the best dance comp around.
    Good Luck to all those that decide to support this NEW event at the Tower.
    Sarah
    cheers
    xx

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Of course, this new event may be quite good (I note the adverts are suggesting it is both a new and old event at the same time ) but what would happen if Tony and Angelina did a competition ? or heaven forbid, Ceroc sponsored a "new Modern Jive Open Competition"... Are the Winter Gardens booked ?

i got a new spoon for Xmas

I have noticed that the day entrance fee is £40 per person now against Ceroc £30. Becoming very expensive to even go and watch now let alone adding any categories to compete in Will have to see if the budget will stretch

Thread Information