Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dance shows on TV

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Thumbs up Dance shows on TV

The dance version of 'Britain's got Talent' Got To Dance starts Jan 3rd, 6pm, on Sky 1.
    The 'warm up' was on tonight, I spotted WCSers Lee Easton and Fabienne, Amy and I expect Peter was there, even though I didn't spot him(Pfrad?)

Really looking forward to this!

Re: Got to Dance - Starts Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    The dance version of 'Britain's got Talent' Got To Dance starts Jan 3rd, 6pm, on Sky 1.
    The 'warm up' was on tonight, I spotted WCSers Lee Easton and Fabienne, Amy and I expect Peter was there, even though I didn't spot him(Pfrad?)

Really looking forward to this!
    So with this and So You Think You Can Dance making a UK debut there should be some great dance viewing in the New Year

(though I don't have Sky )

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    Me either - gutted. Not usually that bothered about only having terrestrial but I do feel left out when there's dance stuff on.

So with this and So You Think You Can Dance making a UK debut there should be some great dance viewing in the New Year

Have you been watching Move Like Michael Jackson currently on also?

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    Me either - gutted. Not usually that bothered about only having terrestrial but I do feel left out when there's dance stuff on.
    Do you know anyone with Sky+? You could ask them to series record it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_dB View Post
    I discovered that for the first time yesterday, found that it was the final.

I discovered that for the first time yesterday, found that it was the final.
    Yes, the final was on tonight.

That's one advantage Virgin has over Sky - On Demand.

You can still watch every episode on the internetz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...son_Auditions/

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, it was brilliant!

I think I spotted some of the same groups in the Got to dance warm up!

I'm looking forward to this!
    Do you know anyone with Sky+?
    I can't imagine y life without sky+ now, as I tend to 'only' watch stuff I've pre-recorded
    Its amazing how many programme you can watch in one evening, when you FF all the adverts and padding crap
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I can't imagine y life without sky+ now, as I tend to 'only' watch stuff I've pre-recorded
    Its amazing how many programme you can watch in one evening, when you FF all the adverts and padding crap
    - we've had freeview + for several years now and it's completely changed how we watch TV

However, without Sky+, we miss some channels. Maybe I should get one of the freesat boxes to link up to the previous house owners' satellite dish they left...

Yes, it was brilliant!

I think I spotted some of the same groups in the Got to dance warm up!

I'm looking forward to this!

Peridot & Animaniacs were my favourites!!

No way I could watch tv "as it happens" - as you say - adverts & padding - life's too short!

Blog Entries

Peridot & Animaniacs were my favourites!!
    Mine too..

Peridot were amazing.. my fav move was when the guy looked as though his head had been severed from his body, as they both moved independently

But I did love Plague, especially when they added the Nicholas bros inspired tap segment.. it was just BRILLIANT!

And the Animanics too, they were just soooo slick ... and funny

I honestly fund it hard to decide between them!

I thought the Indian chap was brilliant the first time I saw him but liked him less and less and less each time. I agreed with Jamilia, when she said, she felt like she'd seen all he had to offer by the final. But I think 'he' really thought he was going to win.
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Mine too..

Peridot were amazing.. my fav move was when the guy looked as though his head had been severed from his body, as they both moved independently

But I did love Plague, especially when they added the Nicholas bros inspired tap segment.. it was just BRILLIANT!

And the Animanics too, they were just soooo slick ... and funny

I honestly fund it hard to decide between them!

I thought the Indian chap was brilliant the first time I saw him but liked him less and less and less each time. I agreed with Jamilia, when she said, she felt like she'd seen all he had to offer by the final. But I think 'he' really thought he was going to win.
    Yes, agree with all of that ^^^^ - Peridot in particular, - I added one of members to my facebook, as I want to see more of them!

What did you think of the judges? That Mark Summers cracked me up! He kept coming out with rubbish like: "You properly SERVED it up! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!". "You GAVE it! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!". "You BROUGHT it! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!. "You MASHED it up! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!".

Pointless!

Blog Entries

Yes, agree with all of that ^^^^ - Peridot in particular, - I added one of members to my facebook, as I want to see more of them!
    huh, you've added them but not me

What did you think of the judges? That Mark Summers cracked me up! He kept coming out with rubbish like: "You properly SERVED it up! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!". "You GAVE it! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!". "You BROUGHT it! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT i MEAN!. "You MASHED it up! - DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!".

Pointless!
    Yeah, I know what you mean!

I think him and Gok must have gone to the same place to learn how to talk.. They have the SAME VOICE! Even when they're paying a compliment, they still sound like they're having a go!

huh, you've added them but not me
    Boo hoo hoo! - i'll add you too!

Yeah, I know what you mean!

I think him and Gok must have gone to the same place to learn how to talk.. They have the SAME VOICE! Even when they're paying a compliment, they still sound like they're having a go!

Aha - you've cracked it! That's obviously who he models himself on!

You're right about the Indian guy, - we had seen everything, although obviously as a solo he has limited options in comparison to a "troop". Quite a contrast though to Plauge - each performance they did was different & original to the last.. - for some reason I didnt rate their earlier performance they did in those baggy checkered shirts.. they just didn't serve it up! - maybe it was the camera angles or maybe the clothes hid their body movement.. - but they definitely shone at the end.

Every performance from Animaniacs really made me smile! I loved watching them, & straight away rewound most of their acts, - they move so well - and so synchronised, and their musicality, what can I say - proper mash-up!

Lots of dancey programmes on at the moment, - tv is finally catching on that people really enjoy them

: - maybe it was the camera angles
    My biggest annoyance with all these dance shows, is the way the camera view jumps from one angle to another! I wish they would just stay shooting from the front!

My biggest annoyance with all these dance shows, is the way the camera view jumps from one angle to another! I wish they would just stay shooting from the front!
    Oh my God, - does my head in as well, - they just can't help themselves can they! I find it baffling that they actually think it's impressive to viewers.

To be fair - the cameras on the whole aren't too bad on MLMJ, - and it's BBC3 so no adverts.

Britains got the XFactor, when I watched it, was terrible, - you miss half the acts as the camera keeps flipping over to watch simon cowell's reaction

Blog Entries

Britains got the XFactor, when I watched it, was terrible, - you miss half the acts as the camera keeps flipping over to watch simon cowell's reaction
    Or we cut to some funky lights that totally obscure the action.

Half the time, I wonder why they bother going through the elaborate process of getting all these amazing dancers, kitting them out fab costumes, employing a choreographer and rehearsing all week. when all they show us is a few glimpses from a weird angle!

I wish they'd do a separate showing, for those of us who want to see it as if we were in the audience!

Or we cut to some funky lights that totally obscure the action.

Half the time, I wonder why they bother going through the elaborate process of getting all these amazing dancers, kitting them out fab costumes, employing a choreographer and rehearsing all week. when all they show us is a few glimpses from a weird angle!
    Very occasionally, for about 2 whole seconds, you get to see some uninterrupted footage, - but even then you can't relax & enjoy as you know it's about to get ruined by some flashy/arty camera sequence.

It's like sleeping with someone who snores,.. - even when they're not snoring, - you can't relax as you know that any moment they'll start again!

I wish they'd do a separate showing, for those of us who want to see it as if we were in the audience!
    Great idea - surely it would be so easy to film everything from a static camera & press red-button option to view it.

The Dashing Moderator

However, without Sky+, we miss some channels. Maybe I should get one of the freesat boxes to link up to the previous house owners' satellite dish they left...
    Are there many more channels on Freesat than Freeview? I thought they were pretty similar content (but with more stuff in HD on Freesat)?
    Love dance, will travel

There are probably less channels on freesat overall, you gain some that are only on sky but lose others, but it doesnt get you any of the sky channels with the dancing programmes from america on. There is however a series of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE starting on BBC1 on saturday 2nd January which I know has at least one very good dancer on (Yanet - 3 times salsa world champion, shes a great mover )

Blog Entries

Well the series of 'So you think you can dance' and 'Got to dance' have started and I have to say yet another HUGE thank you for the invention of SkyPlus and FF button..

'Got to dance' must surely be the winner of the smallest amount of content you can possibly get in a programme...
    I can't believe that after every set of adverts, they introduce the judges AGAIN, repeating the whole lot.
    And oooh, I think I've forgotten.. How many gold stars do each act need again? Cos of course, nobody can remember they need 2 for longer than 30 seconds, can they
    But, apart from all of that.. out the small bits of dancing they've shown, there's been some awesome stuff!
    I was a bit upset tonight, when they didn't pick the group I wanted to go through and instead picked what was IMO the worst one!

I'm enjoying 'So you think you can dance' very much, the dancing and some of the choreography has been incredible.
    P.s. I think Sisco Gomez is another one who's been to the Gok school of elocution!

Thread Information