Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MJ Roc Warmwell Weekender WHO ARE THEY?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: MJ Roc Warmwell Weekender WHO ARE THEY?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    It will be interesting to see the details of teachers, DJs, etc and the layout of the venues though to see how it is going to be pitched.
    I've been to this venue on a few NON-dance weekends with my family and I have to say, its a really lovely site and the chalets we stayed in were enormous and quite luxurious! (the lounges are big enough to have a few people dancing)

Also, from what I remember (unless its changed) all the pub/club/dance venue stuff, is under one roof but no where near on the same scale as any of the Pontins sites (that could be an attraction for some and deter others)
    But one thing that might not be so ideal on a dance weekend is, if the weathers bad, the site is very spread out and also hilly!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Warmwell Holiday Park was the first bit of OpenStreetmap I ever added -- see here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50...layers=B000FTF

It might give a reasonable idea of distances, etc.

SpinDr

Quote Originally Posted by jiveclone View Post
    It appears that many years ago that mobile number belonged to Colin Shaul
    http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/...ch/000361.html

Maybe he sold it to Colin Head?
    Ah, I see what you mean. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I've been to this venue on a few NON-dance weekends with my family and I have to say, its a really lovely site and the chalets we stayed in were enormous and quite luxurious! (the lounges are big enough to have a few people dancing)

Also, from what I remember (unless its changed) all the pub/club/dance venue stuff, is under one roof but no where near on the same scale as any of the Pontins sites (that could be an attraction for some and deter others)
    But one thing that might not be so ideal on a dance weekend is, if the weathers bad, the site is very spread out and also hilly!
    I've been to the Party Weekender events (prevous organisers) many times and can vouch for the venue and accomodation, especially the accomodation - log cabins free electricity etc etc - the restaurant is good too PLUS there never seemed to be a parking prob, plus you can normally park right outside your cabin (luxury)

The only negative is the fact that it is so spread out, so if you book the cheaper cabins, you might find you have a bit of walk to the venue as Lory has said above. If the weather is good, this is actually very refreshing - hopefully it will be - or book a luxury one

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by jiveclone View Post
    It appears that many years ago that mobile number belonged to Colin Shaul
    http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/...ch/000361.html

Maybe he sold it to Colin Head?
    So now we're asking "Who is Colin Head".

Obviously the "New, fresh Independent Dance Organiser" that it talked about on the MJRoc website. Apart from buying Coin Shaul's mobile 'phone it can't be Mr Shaul. He's not "New" having been in the dance game for over 10 years. And it can't be an offshoot of Colin's LeRoc Surrey and still be "independent". And I've never known Colin Shaul to be "fresh".

How would we weekender dancers feel if "Colin Head" turned out to be a made up name and not a real person at all?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    I've been to the Party Weekender events (prevous organisers) many times and can vouch for the venue and accomodation, especially the accomodation - log cabins free electricity etc etc - the restaurant is good too PLUS there never seemed to be a parking prob, plus you can normally park right outside your cabin (luxury)

The only negative is the fact that it is so spread out, so if you book the cheaper cabins, you might find you have a bit of walk to the venue as Lory has said above. If the weather is good, this is actually very refreshing - hopefully it will be - or book a luxury one

I used to be booked by the old organsers of this event and I thought the whole place was fabulous.

And I loved the accommodation too. There was so much parking near the actual dance venue I simply drove to it from my chalet.

Commercial Operator

At last we have confirmation of the identity of one of them. Here is something from the recent LeRoc Surrey Newsletter;

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoc Surrey Newsletter dated 14th Dec
    LeRoc is part of the MJRoc Dance Weekender at Warmwell, nr Weymouth.
    A new amazing modern jive weekender.Don't miss booking it when they open to bookings in January,
    prices from £99 to £149 per person. Pick up a flyer now at all LeRoc venues.
    We still don't know who the others are and we don't know anything about the myterious "Colin Head", the buyer of Colin Shaul's 'phone.

And we don't know why there's been so much secrecy. What have they got to hide? And will Colin Head's canoe be washed up empty on an East Coast beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    At last we have confirmation of the identity of one of them. Here is something from the recent LeRoc Surrey Newsletter;

We still don't know who the others are and we don't know anything about the myterious "Colin Head", the buyer of Colin Shaul's 'phone.

And we don't know why there's been so much secrecy. What have they got to hide? And will Colin Head's canoe be washed up empty on an East Coast beach?
    Andy This is really getting to you have a cuppa/Glass of Red and Chill

I used to work in some very secretive places in the military, but nowhere near as much cloak and dagger stuff as we see on the Forum.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by zimbabwean View Post
    Andy This is really getting to you
    You are right. I really don't like being led up the garden path. I quite like the Warmwell site and might have gone to the weekender. However, there seems to be some cloak and dagger stuff going on.

I'd like to think that the world of MJ (outside Ceroc) is a friendly and open place. This is another sign that some people have absolutely no trust at all. All the time people like MJRoc work hard to keep their identity secret it shows that they've got something to hide.

have a cuppa/Glass of Red and Chill
    I've just taken the bottle from my wine rack;

Grand Vin De Bordeaux
    Chateau Maucru
    Proprietaire - Earl Nadau
    Mis en bouteille au Chatau

I'm reminded by this information that I can find out more from a wine label than I can from the MJRoc website.
    Last edited by Andy McGregor; 16th-December-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Commercial Operator

I'm reminded by this information that I can find out more from a wine label than I can from the MJRoc website.
    Of course - they might simply be useless at putting a website together.

Alternatively, they may well be the group behind getting us into the war with Iraq, the spreading of the misinformation about climate change, the assassination of JFK, secretly bribing the judges to keep MJ out of Strictly Dance Fever, and Orville's sinister rise to public prominence in the mid eighties. In which case they are clearly beyond evil, and must be stopped.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    and Orville's sinister rise to public prominence in the mid eighties.
    Everyone knows EMU was the one pulling the strings.

Of course - they might simply be useless at putting a website together.
    Although I think Andy's going a bit far with the shock/horror/outrage, by saying things like:

Quote Originally Posted by mjroc website
    Top Teachers & DJs
    Book with Confidence.
    New, fresh Independent Dance Organiser,
    Fully backed by team with years of BIG Dance experience
    we are offering so much more for the Modern Jiver by this Professional Modern Jive promoter MJRoc.
    MJRoc are pretty much saying "You can trust us, because we're professional, with top teachers and lots of experience".

To play that card and then be coy about who they actually are is somewhat ridiculous, to be honest.

To be clear: any bad vibes I'm getting aren't born of grand conspiracy theories, more that it looks like a bunch of folk thought "Hey, let's do a weekender! How hard can it be?", and I'm not entirely convinced they've thought things through. Although a minor point, the website also smacks of a certain lack of foresight.

Just a Thought when booking for the weekender are we to use an alias pay in cash and when we arrive wear a mask all weekend??????

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

there seems to be some cloak and dagger stuff going on.
    Alternatively, they may well be the group behind getting us into the war with Iraq,
    Just a Thought when booking for the weekender are we to use an alias pay in cash and when we arrive wear a mask all weekend??????
    Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post

To be clear: any bad vibes I'm getting aren't born of grand conspiracy theories, more that it looks like a bunch of folk thought "Hey, let's do a weekender! How hard can it be?", and I'm not entirely convinced they've thought things through.
    Ah haaaa but...
    Maybe the whole idea is to add some intrigue and get us all talking

Or, maybe they're going to start a whole new and innovative concept in weekenders..

We've had dance weekenders and we've had Murder mystery weekends...
    But now we could have...

'Dance Mystery Weekender' and at the end of the weekend, a prize goes to the person who's worked out, who ran it!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    We've had dance weekenders and we've had Murder mystery weekends...
    But now we could have...

'Dance Mystery Weekender' and at the end of the weekend, a prize goes to the person who's worked out, who ran it!
    Or you could combine the two concepts - give the prize to the person who works out who murdered the person who worked out who ran it....

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Although I think Andy's going a bit far with the shock/horror/outrage,
    This is what I'm saying.
    It seems comical to me too. However, they do seem to be attempting to keep their identity a secret. If they were open about their identity they would have exposed themselves to Lory rather than saying 'all will be revealed, SOON'.

Let's hope it's not a cold night
    The counter argument is that MJRoc are badly organised. Better and having something to hide, but still not inspiring me with confidence.

Commercial Operator

The counter argument is that MJRoc are badly organised.
    Here's an alternative hypothesis:-

Maybe as soon as the deal was done with Warmwell, MJRoc wanted to let the dancing public know about the date of a new event, but, as could be expected, there are plenty of details to be tied up. Perhaps the people involved are fully involved with running Christmas dances at this time of year, so arranging details for an event nearly a year away is not top priority, especially as bookings are not even being taken yet.

I suppose some would sum that up as, being badly organised.

This is pure hypothesis, I've no idea if there's any deliberate secrecy, or why there would be, but I reckon MJRoc are probably amused by the publicity that Andy is prolonging here!

Ah, now there's another theory, could it be that Andy is part of MJRoc and is having fun with us?

Greg

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    This is pure hypothesis, I've no idea if there's any deliberate secrecy, or why there would be, but I reckon MJRoc are probably amused by the publicity that Andy is prolonging here!
    I'm sure they appreciate the publicity

.. whoever they are
    Ah, now there's another theory, could it be that Andy is part of MJRoc and is having fun with us?

Greg
    I can confirm that I'm nothing to do with any weekender organisation.

Commercial Operator

Here's an alternative hypothesis:-

Maybe as soon as the deal was done with Warmwell, MJRoc wanted to let the dancing public know about the date of a new event, but, as could be expected, there are plenty of details to be tied up. Perhaps the people involved are fully involved with running Christmas dances at this time of year, so arranging details for an event nearly a year away is not top priority, especially as bookings are not even being taken yet.

I suppose some would sum that up as, being badly organised.

Greg
    Well said & summed up Greg. But Andy involved, sorry NO! Before mind games go on too far, Im pleased to pass on this information.

"MJRoc has nothing to hide so they are sorry if that upsets a few forum members.

MJRoc Warmwell Weekenders 2010, was announced to coincide with the annual weekend date in November when Warmwell Party Weekenders ran previously each year.

Many people had been already commenting how they missed their annual trip to Warmwell and MJRoc felt by making an early brief announcement that they would running their own weekender in November 2010 and that more information & website would be on the way would please many dancers.It certainly did. Plus Nothing wrong in that.

The response since that announcement from people who used to go to Warmwell and still want to come back** has been exceptionally encouraging and demand could be high when MJRoc opens to bookings.

** what happened to Party Weekenders and those people who paid up front or just deposits and lost it all when they closed down suddenly? What happened to all their monies, NO one really knows except Darren who ran Party Weekenders and very few have tracked him down?
    MJRoc has nothing to do with Party Weekenders and will reassure dancers that the problems they had with Party Weekenders, wont happen again. Its very reassuring to hear people who had been been "financially burnt by Party Weekenders" will be coming back with MJRoc.

MJRoc is a fresh new modern jive weekender organisation, run by people who care and are experienced in modern jive. The team behind it are:
    Colin Shaul
    Gazza Forge
    Jim Bourgerie
    Nicky Bourgerie

All four are fully experienced & respected in running successful independent dance clubs and dances in the South. All four have also worked as teachers &/or Dj's for Major Dance Weekenders including Jive Time since 1997, Jive Addiction (Southport,Scarborough. Skegness) since 2004, Party Weekenders since 2000.

Many may know Colin Shaul at Jive Time as Head DJ and Compère (and the man behind the scenes) for Franco. He was the first person to teach "Double Trouble" at a dance weekender and taught around the South, until he was seriously injured in road traffic accident in 2002, by another driver on wrong side of the road. He has continued to DJ at many weekenders. He also runs LeRoc Surrey which started in 1995 and has guest teachers from Strictly Come Dancing like "Vincent & Flavia", "Brendan Cole", "Darren & Lilia", "Anton & Erin" at his modern jive club appearing each year. Plus running events holding up to 400 people.

Nicky & Jim ran the very successful Dance Riviera in Kent until sold up so they could "concentrate" on having a child. They teach home and abroad at many events, plus guest teachers to many clubs.

Gazza, runs the very successful Gazzabash & WCS in Kent, worked as DJ on a number of weekenders and is employed by many clubs to dj across the South.

Many of its own members attended Warmwell previous weekender's and as many as 150 would go from their clubs each time.

Very soon and on schedule by MJRoc, there will be the new web site and flyers (the existing one sorry is just a basic statement for now). When MJRoc is ready, it will make its fully up & running announcement, Im sure the announcement will make it to this forum too. As Greg says its just under a years time, where is the rush?

If certain people want to play mind games, MJRoc have no control over them and may not even comment.

MJRoc would like to thank the forum in allowing this statement via Bluey."

Thread Information