View Poll Results: Christmas Number One should Be:

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killing in the Name Of (RATM)

13 68.42%
  • Selling in the profit of (Whatshisface)

1 5.26%
  • Caring in the why of (who, exactly)

5 26.32%
  • Clicking in the smile of (smurf boy, probably)

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Vs Joe

Commercial Operator

Rage Vs Joe

Where U at, campers??

Commercial Operator

Re: Rage Vs Joe

Could a kind mod please spell "Christmas" correctly befoe the pedants kill me?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Urge to kill rising... rising... rising....

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Right, I've done that but I have to confess, I haven't got a clue what any of the poll options mean?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Right, I've done that but I have to confess, I haven't got a clue what any of the poll options mean?
    I think it’s to do with X factor the first being Rage Against the Machine and the Second must be referring to Simon Cowell but the other 2 have lost me.

Dilemma if I answer the poll that it might imply I give a s*** about the x factor and I don’t.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Thanks, Lory.

a) rage against the machine
    b) joe whoever it is
    c) who cares
    d) clickety click option just for smurfy boy...

My vote should in interpreted as, "whatever would be most likely to end the existence of the X Factory (or whatever it's called this year)"

I think e) 'f**k you, I won't do what you tell me' should be an option on the poll.

I've bought 2 downloads of Killing In The Name, even though I already own the album. Anything to avoid having yet more X-Factor crap killing music. Why should Cowell's manufactured rubbish always have a guaranteed number one hit? Let's have some real music at the top for a change.

(Plus the fading remnants of youthful rebellion in me would just love to have an angry protest song full of expletives as Christmas number one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    I've bought 2 downloads of Killing In The Name, even though I already own the album. Anything to avoid having yet more X-Factor crap killing music. Why should Cowell's manufactured rubbish always have a guaranteed number one hit? Let's have some real music at the top for a change.

(Plus the fading remnants of youthful rebellion in me would just love to have an angry protest song full of expletives as Christmas number one!)
    I would hardly call Leona Lewis and Alexanda Burke or even the guy called Danyl X-Factor crap.
    Don't tell me let me guess.'I am a dancer and would prefer to watch SCD'.

The more I think about it, the more I think the X Factor perfectly captures the modern Christmas spirit - a shameless commercial exercise, designed to pressure and manipulate people into spending money they don't have on things they don't need for the personal profit of those running the business.

I've never cared for x-factor and never will. And yes I am a SCD fan. If the music that comes out of x-factor is anything I can dance to, great, otherwise, meh, not that bothered.

I personally would find it very funny if Ratm got to No1 just because of a facebook group. A song I know well and have listened to for years, and it might get to xmas No 1 just because people don't like x-factor.

Either way at the end of it, Sony wins, as both songs came from their labels.

You're so right Geoff332.And don't you just hate it when you see all these people in the pubs and clubs of an evening, after wasting all that money, enjoying themselves and wasting even more money they can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    I would hardly call Leona Lewis and Alexanda Burke or even the guy called Danyl X-Factor crap.
    Don't tell me let me guess.'I am a dancer and would prefer to watch SCD'.
    They can sing, granted.

However, the people in these programmes are shamelessly used by Simon Cowell. How many of them just disappeared off the radar quite quickly after having one or two hit songs (usually schmaltzy cover versions)?

Generally with the X Factor you know what you're getting, mainly because someone else has already sung it before.

As for SCD, yes I do watch it. I don't have a problem with that. I enjoy the dancing and at least the music is actually live rather than a pre-recorded karaoke backtrack.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like original music played by people who actually know what it's like to achieve fame through talent and hard work, and who can play it live. That's one of the reasons why I'm rooting for Rage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    Call me old-fashioned, but I like original music played by people who actually know what it's like to achieve fame through talent and hard work, and who can play it live. That's one of the reasons why I'm rooting for Rage.
    You're old fashioned!

Nah - I like my rock, as you know. And I agree with you that an important part of rock is to be able to perform it live. However, X-Factor is pop - so I'm not so bothered if they can't do it live (without the help of lipsynching and a cracking stage show, that is!).

The issue I have with X-Factor is on the Pop side. I love cheesy pop, so long as it's well crafted. However, X-Factor is just tired & lazy music. It's pub Karaoke, with (mostly) better singers. It's just so easy to trot out cover versions that loads of people know. And poor Joe got one of the worst, most predictable, pieces of tripe that any of these talent shows have ever had.

If I were Joe, I'd be spiting feathers.

"Killing In The Name Of" - You don't get much LESS Christmassy than that

One bloke with a facebook account started this only a week ago from his Mum's bedroom & beat Simon Cowell, - superb

At least it was a competition this year, rather than a full gone conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    So 'they've' done it then...
    Result !!
    Last edited by DavidY; 20th-December-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixing quote

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

ace - nice to be part of something xmassy...

And the point is?
    The fact that Simon Cowell or anybody else for that matter was going to make a lot of money out of the Xmas No 1 wouldn't induce me to buy it if I didn't like it.
    What's more I certainly wouldn't waste my money on buying one, let alone two copies of the track if I already had the track on an album.Baruch,that's the sort of thing I would expect from a child,not an adult.
    I believe that Rage are from the same label-Sony-as Joe.If Cowells has as much power as has been stated it will be interesting to see if there are any recriminations.Not that I am suggesting there should be but it's surprising what some people will do when they apparently crossed.
    Either way I really can't see what difference it makes to you,me or anybody else it strikes me that SC is in a win win situation anyway.
    Let's just put it down to sour grapes eh.

Thread Information