Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR Digital Cameras, which one?!

Re: SLR Digital Cameras, which one?!

Go here to see the D700 image from last night. Remember there is no flash and those who were there can testify as to the ambient light around.

http://forum.cerocscotland.com/photo...65&ppuser=3943

Lory grabbed this great shot of Dave and a lady whose name escapes me.

http://forum.cerocscotland.com/photo...66&ppuser=3943

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post
    Go here to see the D700 image from last night. Remember there is no flash and those who were there can testify as to the ambient light around.
    Wow, that's pretty impressive for handheld at 1/20th. If I tried that on my D400 with no flash, it would be a big black blob!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtwwpad View Post

http://forum.cerocscotland.com/photo...65&ppuser=3943

Lory grabbed this great shot of Dave and a lady whose name escapes me.

http://forum.cerocscotland.com/photo...66&ppuser=3943
    Fab photo's even if I say so myself But sadly, was definitely more down to the camera than my expertise!

And BTW, the lovely lady is Sharon. I don't think she's on the forum though!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    OK, I've managed to get a used Canon EOS 400D for £255! Bargain!
    I had my first experience of using a Canon yesterday. My Brother-in-law picked up a 350D going cheap and promptly handed it to me to give it a test run, as he's never used an SLR before.

Anyway, I was really impressed. Its very light and easy to use, although I confess, I didn't go into manual mode at all, as I couldn't be bothered to read the manual

Anyway, I took this pic as the sun was setting yesterday, which I absolutely love!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I had my first experience of using a Canon yesterday. My Brother-in-law picked up a 350D going cheap and promptly handed it to me to give it a test run, as he's never used an SLR before.

Anyway, I was really impressed. Its very light and easy to use, although I confess, I didn't go into manual mode at all, as I couldn't be bothered to read the manual

Anyway, I took this pic as the sun was setting yesterday, which I absolutely love!
    Great photo

Blog Entries

Back to the subject of 'which SLR'..

ever since rtwwpad let me play with his Nikon D700, I've been suffering from green-eyed monster sydrome

And I just can't stop myself from keep looking for deals, anyway last night I came across this http://www.kuoeshop.com/goods.php?id=493

Only 800 Euros!!

Far to good to just let it pass.. so I read everything through carefully and thought, if I pay by credit card, I'll be covered by insurance etc BUT although it shows all the major credit cards, when it comes to paying, you're only offered two options, Paypal VIP or Bankers draft

This raised my suspicions, so I dug a little further and found THIS

The Perfect Woman!

This raised my suspicions, so I dug a little further and found THIS
    Thank goodness you are tech savvy enough to 1. be suspicious and 2. dig further !!
    These sites prey on the naivety of the average internet user..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
    Thank goodness you are tech savvy enough to 1. be suspicious and 2. dig further !!
    I'm still gutted though!

Blog Entries

Hmmm, interesting rumour....

http://nikonrumors.com/2009/08/29/wh...kon-d700x.aspx

If this happens soon, the D700 is bound to come down in price

But then again, I know I'll probably get the 'green eyed monster' again, when I see the new model!

If this happens soon, the D700 is bound to come down in price

I am not sure. I suspect the new D700 will be more expensive than the current one, and there will still be be a demand for the exising model, from those who do not want to pay extra for something they are not going to use

From the same web site
    Basically it will be D700 with 12Mpix and HD video better then D3s and dual cards slots. It will be available first half of 2010
    This ties up with what the manager of my local Calumet manager thinks, he says

By the end of 2010 all Nikons will have video and Nikon are content with 12 mega whatnots

A low use D700 went for under £1000 on e bay recently

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    I suspect the new D700 will be more expensive than the current one,
    that goes without saying but, I was just hoping that there maybe some deals to be had, once the new one's been released

BTW.. changing the subject.. here's something you might be interested in http://www.forwardevents.co.uk/photovision/bristol.php
    I'm hoping to go to the one at Hatfield house next month, tickets are FREE, you just have to register!

I don't know what it'll be like but its not too far from me and it'll be a day out!

here's something you might be interested in

Thank you, despite the fact the venues is virtually next door. I was completely unaware of the event

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

BTW.. changing the subject.. here's something you might be interested in http://www.forwardevents.co.uk/photovision/bristol.php
    I'm hoping to go to the one at Hatfield house next month, tickets are FREE, you just have to register!
    Ooh, there's one in Coventry too, I wonder if I can get the day off work?
    Thanks Lory. X

...I don't know what it'll be like but its not too far from me and it'll be a day out!
    I'll be very surprised if you don't see lots of men with Jessops camera bags and their latest camera and 70-200 lens slung around their necks, as well as more backpacks than you can poke a stick at. They will probably be wearing walking trousers and cagouls and many will have beards. You will find the heaviest concentration of them around a lighting stand with a demonstration of a scantily clad young female model, taking their own photographs, despite the fact the light isn't firing when they are shooting.

There could even be teams of three scrawny young men in tight blue bathing suits advertising an insurance company.

Guy Gowan is doing some presenting: he knows his onions and has some great PS techniques (if you avoid him explaining how much you need to buy his actions).

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    They will probably be wearing walking trousers and cagouls and many will have beards.:

I shaved my beard off years ago
    Last edited by philsmove; 25th-March-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I'll be very surprised if you don't see lots of men with Jessops camera bags and their latest camera and 70-200 lens slung around their necks, as well as more backpacks than you can poke a stick at. They will probably be wearing walking trousers and cagouls and many will have beards.
    I shall make it my mission to take undercover shots of them, to post here, for your amusement!

p.s. I've watched some video's of Guy Gowan HERE he comes across as a bit of a cocky git but in actual fact, I tend to have the same philosophy as him..

... like him, I'm not what you'd call a 'purist', as I tend to see taking photo's as only the first part, of making an appealing image.
    But, I've since found out, (on another forum) that that opinion, is almost as bad as 'hand bouncing' is, on this forum!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post

I shaved my beard off years ago
    shhhh.....rtwwpad's got one!

I tend to see taking photo's as only the first part, of making an appealing image.
    "The best art is not always the most realistic"

I see no problem in taking a high quality photograph , or more often a set of photographs, that you intend to modify later, in the darkroom or PS

But too many people are sloppy in creating the original image, intending to try and correct their errors later with with photo editing software

I shall make it my mission to take undercover shots of them, to post here, for your amusement!

p.s. I've watched some video's of Guy Gowan HERE he comes across as a bit of a cocky git but in actual fact, I tend to have the same philosophy as him..

... like him, I'm not what you'd call a 'purist', as I tend to see taking photo's as only the first part, of making an appealing image.
    But, I've since found out, (on another forum) that that opinion, is almost as bad as 'hand bouncing' is, on this forum!
    Awwww, I'd love to see some undercover shots ... unless those insurance chaps are there, in which case, definitely no. Agree that post-production work is great - and take the view that get it right in camera and anything else is enhancement. It's usually the attitude of lax basic photography because you 'can' fix it in photoshop, that is worthy of bad press.

Blog Entries

It's usually the attitude of lax basic photography because you 'can' fix it in photoshop, that is worthy of bad press.
    I can understand that but then again, for me, its all about capturing 'the moment' and there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever, if I were a more skilled photographer and quicker at setting up my camera, things would be a lot easier
    But sadly I'm not, so for now, I'll settle for a shot that's slightly inferior in quality, as long as I capture the moment. And I admit, I often look at the histogram on the back of the camera and think... that's OK, I'll sort that out in PS

Thread Information