Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ceroc Advanced Lessons

Originally posted by Rachel
    I was reminded earlier (posting about Sarah @ Hipsters) about a conversation overheard between Marc and Punkfish. (I keep calling him Punkfish, as I don't know if he's Anthony or Antony).

Anyway, Punkfish was saying something about looking forward to watching Marc's dancing and picking up some moves. And Marc said, well, you'll recognise most of them, cos I stole them from you!

Nothing wrong with copying, I say!
    R.
    Agreed Rachel. mind you it would be interesting if male dancers filled out moves that they had learnt and who from. There would
    be a huge list with, Cliff, Viktor, Nigel, Jacqui, Ceroc Australia, Billco, Mr. Lizard and others in my repertoire

Originally posted by Jon L
    Agreed Rachel. mind you it would be interesting if male dancers filled out moves that they had learnt and who from. There would
    be a huge list with, Cliff, Viktor, Nigel, Jacqui, Ceroc Australia, Billco, Mr. Lizard and others in my repertoire
    Looking forward to seeing what moves you picked up off of Jacqui

SO .... BACK TO THREAD

Are any Ceroc clubs, under the new regime, officialy teaching Advanced classes? If so, any info on the format, content, how they are going down?

One distant memory just came to mind. The reason I got back into Ceroc was because of a great teacher at Nottingham, 'Boy' Robin. I wish I could remember what it was about his lesson that were so addictive. The only down side was that every lesson felt like it was advanced. It must haqe been at least 3 months before I actualy managed to get a whole routine .... probably more of a reflection of my inadaquacies than Robin's teaching.

Unfortunately Ceroc lost him to the dark side ... he's now a Lindy Hopper

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Thumbs up Advanced...???

It brings back the whole argument of course,

What is advanced???

A matter of perspective as what may be advanced to one intermediate dancer may not be to another.

Advanced could mean difficult links between moves, complicated footwork, technically challenging or just a really long move with 20+ beats.

I suppose it's down to the teacher's decision and his or her knowledge of the classes' abilities.

There is a risk of elitism within the ranks. Far better is the Masterclass series that is taught at Cheshunt on Mondays by Ceroc Metro teacher Gordon - oh...that's me...

We take a theme that could be pretty much anything - Latin Jive, Double handed moves, The First Move etc etc, and build an intermediate class around the theme.

Far more response in attendance than advertising an advanced class and the feedback from dancers is that they find it useful in musical interpretation with the varied styles and genres of music played at most nights.

www.CerocMetro.com has taught advanced classes and Mick Wenger, renowned for his dancing, does occasionally teach advanced classes at his venues.

Have a look at the website for more info or give Adam a call....

Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

Originally posted by Gus
    SO .... BACK TO THREAD

Are any Ceroc clubs, under the new regime, officialy teaching Advanced classes? If so, any info on the format, content, how they are going down?
    They are now running advanced classes in Fulham on a Thursday, but I haven't attended any of the classes yet so I can't comment on how well they are going.

Thread Information