Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete Novice.

Commercial Operator

Re: Complete Novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    .. you get to dance with about 10 of them an hour.
    Cutting down?

Whitetiger...what is this....Dating In The Dark.....

Not sure whether I should dance through in the Weeg...I should really use the phrase dance quite loosely though..perhaps it should be newbie hoovering the dancefloor slowly but surely.
    I shall however ask Tiggerbabe the necessary questions...

Chef....I came home from the Edinburgh class last night thinking....I only asked two girls to dance in an hour...I was asked every other time...nightmare when you are single like me...far too many lovely girls there....

Anyway thats 8 classes and still loving it..although if Tiggerbabe spins any more than once when dancing with me..I go to pieces....well Im a bloke and cannae multitask.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger God View Post
    Chef....I came home from the Edinburgh class last night thinking....I only asked two girls to dance in an hour...I was asked every other time...nightmare when you are single like me...far too many lovely girls there....
    Yup, it is a tough job but somebody has to do it. The dance world is full of guys wishing they had started dancing 10, 20, or even 30 years ago in my case. Before the days of gender balancing at weekenders the women could be three deep on the edge of the dance floor and they would hunt you like a tiger bringing down a gazelle as you finished one dance and tried to get off the dance floor. Sounds like heaven but I can tell you you got quite desparate after about an hour to have just one tracks rest and a drink. Oh well, at least having women asking you to dance is one of the nightmares that you don't want to wake up from.

I just can't persuade men in their late teens or early 20s to start dancing (part of wanting to share the passion for dancing bit). They just seem to think that dancing with women is not cool (explain that bit to me again). They tell me that getting drunk in a pub and chatting up drunk women is cool. Work smarter, not harder, single man. Most people join the dance scene for the social aspect rather than having a single minded desire to either dance or find a mate but if romance does happen along then few object.
    Last edited by Chef; 9th-December-2009 at 02:38 PM.

although if Tiggerbabe spins any more than once when dancing with me..I go to pieces....well Im a bloke and cannae multitask.....
    Just smile and hold out your hand, she'll take it when she's ready

I smile at her all the time doesnt make a blind bit of difference when she is in "the zone"....I just get dizzy watching...

Whitetiger...what is this....Dating In The Dark.....:lol
    Cheeky I'm not that bad a flirt (unless in the Blues room if I'm honest)

Not sure whether I should dance through in the Weeg...
    I know quite a few of us Glasgae Girls travel - but not all of us, so you never know what spectacular dances and dancers you will be missing -(what a shame ) oh and I do travel - so by avoiding Glasgow you aren't avoiding me - as the Aberdeen dancers know to their cost

Anyway thats 8 classes and still loving it..although if Tiggerbabe spins any more than once when dancing with me..I go to pieces....well Im a bloke and cannae multitask.....
    Leave Tiggerbabe [or any of the more experienced dancers] room and time to play and you will come off the floor having enjoyed yourself and I'm sure they will too. Not only this, but you might gain a reputation for allowing followers to play - which might mean that as well as looking spectacular (with minimum effort), you might well get asked more.

Cheers Whitetiger

All good advice so far -

Everyone is trying their best and our bests will get better at different rates. So if you feel you are a slow learner just accept that you are not progressing as fast as you would like and that everyone wants to be brilliant - right now! If you feel that you are the most wonderful, fast learning and able new dancer to hit the dance scene in a decade then keep that to yourself. You probably aren't and nobody likes a deluded smart arse.

If you find that a move that you do doesn't feel silky smooth then analyse it, ask teachers, and track down the problem. None of the moves are designed to be jarring and none of the women like them with the jarry bit in them.

Remember that dancing is the home of women with good thighs, shortish shirts, and nice dresses and you get to dance with about 10 of them an hour. What is there not to like? Enjoy your journey.
    er...some of us are still working on those bits...

All good advice so far - so I won't repeat it. Just want to add my few comments.

Don't be hard on yourself. We all started from the same place as you and almost all of us can rememeber what that feels like.

We have passion for dancing and will want to help and encourage those people that share that passion.

Remember that dancing is the home of women with good thighs, shortish shirts, and nice dresses
    Tiggerbabe is the queen of pretty dresses....( I want to steal them!!) *especially* when doing lots of ......

spins any more than once when dancing

Well...........11 classes in and 7 weeks..tried my first intermediate class last night....must be getting a bit gallous.....
    Anyway.....first two moves were ok then got completely lost and it felt like being back at week one of beginners..but not so scary as I remember all of the beginners moves now.
    Been a fab wee journey so far so to all the girls that have been good enough to dance with me so far....thank you...
    Now where was my tight black satin shirt....

Well...........11 classes in and 7 weeks..tried my first intermediate class last night....must be getting a bit gallous.....
    Anyway.....first two moves were ok then got completely lost and it felt like being back at week one of beginners..but not so scary as I remember all of the beginners moves now.

Congratulations..

As to the intermediate class, yes it can be a bit confusing when you first try it out.

In the Gold Coast, they suggest 3 months in the beginners and then beginners revision class, then a further 3 months in the beginners, followed by the "introduction to intermediate" follow up class, before entering the intermediate class (at 6 months).

It is not a race.. although most people want to run before they can walk...

Time spent getting the beginners moves really flowing, is not wasted time.

When you can comfortably execute all beginner moves smoothly, in any order and feel relaxed doing so (even when tiggerbabe does multile spins ) then my opinion is that it is time to try intermediate....

Well done and all the best in your journey...

Now where was my tight black satin shirt....
    If you have somebody in your life that loves you they will have secretly burnt it by now.

Welcome to your first Ceroc Christmas. Lively enough for you?

Commercial Operator

If you have somebody in your life that loves you they will have secretly burnt it by now.

As I'm still the owner of a fairly tight blue satin shirt with white lace cuffs and matching lace neckerchief (a la Austin Powers) I must be unloved

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post

As I'm still the owner of a fairly tight blue satin shirt with white lace cuffs and matching lace neckerchief (a la Austin Powers) I must be unloved

You are still loved. It is just that they have, after many attempts, given up trying to save you from yourself. Men over 30 should refrain from wearing anything that can be described as "tight"

Commercial Operator

Men over 30 should refrain from wearing anything that can be described as "tight"
    Thank goodness I can keep my figure-hugging rash vest for few more years

Welcome to your first Ceroc Christmas. Lively enough for you?
    My Mum says I look fab in it.............
    Yup..certainly lively enough...seem to have stirred up a hornets nest here..can see all the metrosexuals are coming out to play!!!

Men over 30 should refrain from wearing anything that can be described as "tight"
    Rubbish! I can think of plenty of 30, 40, 50 something men and one who's in his 60's (Petenic) who are fit, slim and muscular and who could easily get away with a nice fitted "tight" shirt. It's a body shape thing, not an age thing.

Ginger God looks slim in his profile pic...I say get the black satin shirt on love, and dance yourself dizzy.

Commercial Operator

..can see all the metrosexuals are coming out to play!!!
    I'm not sure Modern Jive nights are expensive or stylish enough for metrosexuals. Speaking for myself, I'm a "Country Member".

Commercial Operator

I'm a "Country Member".
    I remember

. Speaking for myself, I'm a "Country Member".
    Yes, I remember.

P.S. Darn you beat me to it.

Thread Information