Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
I am, however, surprised to find myself branded as a Ceroc basher. I have no problems with Ceroc as an organisation. I still attend, and enjoy Ceroc nights and freestyles. I regard the Ceroc formula as an impressive one, and I'll always be grateful for the fact that it got me into dancing in the first place, and I've said as much on this forum before. Sure - I have some reservations, but that's true of most things.

I regard myself as a social dancer. I don't compete. I rarely perform, and in general, I prefer not to. I teach, yes, but what I teach, preach, live and breathe is dancing for fun. I simply want to be the best social dancer that I possibly can be. The fact that you and I look at things differently does not mean that I am not a social dancer.
!
Ditto
Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
Some of the other 11 include, my opinion only mind pips, Frodo, Straycat, Cruella, David Franklin to name a few.
Ooh, I'm one of the eleven! That's nearly as good as being one of the '10' surely? (The veterans will know what I'm talking about )

I think you should back up your opinion with evidence Dave.
I'm a Rocky basher, not a Ceroc basher and as he tells us he isn't a spokesman for Ceroc then how do you make the connection? I've been on many more Ceroc weekenders than independant weekenders and have had some brilliant times. As I said in my post earlier,
Reviews on weekenders can be taken with a pinch of salt as most things that make or break a weekender for the 'author' are out of the organisers control. All they can do is supply the best music (even this is down to each person's personal taste), floor, workshops, accommodation, and non dancing activities possible. The rest is up to you!
I can be pro independant, that doesn't make me anti Ceroc.