View Poll Results: Would you get the Swine Flu Vaccination?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

8 34.78%
  • Don't Know

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu Vaccine - Would you get it?

Commercial Operator

Swine Flu Vaccine - Would you get it?

I'm just telling you the ingredients, take 3 minutes to read this article for your own sake if not for your kids...

http://preventdisease.com/news/09/10...toxicity.shtml

The Dashing Moderator

Re: Swine Flu Vaccine - Would you get it?

Love dance, will travel

My mental Health Trust has been giving the vaccine for the last week , I was not well enough to have it but those who did were mainly ok with the most problems being a sore arm for the whole week, which no one has had with seasonal flu jab. There have been reports of a couple of people in the Trust suffering hallucinations after the jab and a few people having temperatures lasting a couple of days The only thing that slightly perturbs me is this year we have to sign a permission to give vaccination form that we have never don before on the seasonal jab.

I will probably get the jab done when I return for my Annual Leave at the beginning of December if it is still available as the effects of flu (secondary infections) can last well after the flu itself has gone

My kids and I are due to have the jabs tomorrow - I am just waiting for the go ahead from my oncologist as I have a non exsistent immune system this week (bloody chemo).
    I would rather not have it and certainly rather the kids didn't but the risks of getting it for all of us are just too high.
    The kids schools calls me every time they get another case diagnosed in my kids classes and they are getting more and more regular so it is only a matter of time before they get it - which I obviously don't want to happen - and if I catch it it would have serious consequences not to mention immediate hospitalisation (again ).
    So its nice to hear from Maxine about people who have had it already.

Rachel
    x

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    My kids and I are due to have the jabs tomorrow - I am just waiting for the go ahead from my oncologist as I have a non exsistent immune system this week (bloody chemo).

- and if I catch it it would have serious consequences not to mention immediate hospitalisation (again ).
    I've literally just got off the phone to my Mum, who rang to ask my opinion about her getting it done.

My worry is, if your already low from the chemo, will the 'side effects' be worse?

I've just left a message for a doctor friend of mine, hopefully they'll be able to give us the best advise
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I have Addisons Disease so a dose could finish me off. So no contest.

However my doctor still does not have a supply!!!!

My wife who works at Jimmy's in Leeds has had her shot

ChrisU

Colonel Gaddafi thinks the Swine Flu virus may have been created in a Western military laboratory as a biological weapon.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6846440.ece
    http://www.inewsit.com/articles/entr...olonel-Gaddafi-

I think he’s wrong. It was more likely created in the laboratory of a vaccine manufacturer who was disappointed that the bird-flu threat didn’t yield as many orders as they had hoped.

For that reason I won’t be chasing a shot of it, I don’t want to assist in lining the pockets of the drug companies.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    It was more likely created in the laboratory of a vaccine manufacturer who was disappointed that the bird-flu threat didn’t yield as many orders as they had hoped.
    For that reason I won’t be chasing a shot of it, I don’t want to assist in lining the pockets of the drug companies.
    Wow, that's one hell of a sinister view
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

You have to admire Bubble tho, my type of girl.

Death to all capitilist pig dogs, ps anyone know where I can get a good mortgage rate?

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Wow, that's one hell of a sinister view

Sorry if I’m being too sinister and cynical but I do like a good conspiracy theory. Money makes the world go round. They don’t create vaccines for fun, there must be a market to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Death to all capitilist pig dogs

Anaaaaaaaarchy! Power to the people, reclaim our rights and freedom, property is theft, down with the old-boys networks Etc. Etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    My mental Health Trust has been giving the vaccine for the last week
    Is that where you normally go for your treatments?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    ps anyone know where I can get a good mortgage rate?

DTS XXX XXX
    Didn;t you know. Colonel Gaddafi has the best rates since the crash. Spooky eh!!

The Dashing Moderator

They don’t create vaccines for fun
    Maybe they do it because people are dying?

If you look at the New Scientist link it shows that a high proportion of young people are dying of swine flu, while typical seasonal flu kills over 65s. See link here

If you get it, it seems you either have mild symptoms, or you get very seriously ill.
    Last edited by DavidY; 9th-November-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added link to graph
    Love dance, will travel

The most recent foot-and-mouth outbreak was traced to a research laboratory. You can be sure that people are researching hybrid viruses of some nature at laboratories in various countries. A release could be inadvertent or deliberate.

When smallpox was eliminated from society in 1979 many wanted to destroy the laboratory stocks of this virus. They encountered opposition from those who argued that it was a useful subject for study and research. Smallpox virus is still kept at secure facilities, possibly in weaponised forms. One day smallpox could reappear in society.

I'm not saying drugs companies never produce anything useful, but I do think sometimes 'things happen', either deliberately or accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I've literally just got off the phone to my Mum, who rang to ask my opinion about her getting it done.

My worry is, if your already low from the chemo, will the 'side effects' be worse?

I've just left a message for a doctor friend of mine, hopefully they'll be able to give us the best advise
    Spoke to my consultant this afternoon to double check if I should go aheaad as I am 10 days post chemo which is the worst time for picking up infections etc as my immune system is at its lowest.
    His opinion is - it is not a live vaccine so will not itself make me ill. I may get a slightly raised temp for a few days while my body processes it and my arm is (as Maxine said) going to be quite sore for a few days.
    He is pro- having it done as swine flu would be far worse for me than a relatively minor reaction to the vaccine.
    So I am booked to have it on Wednesday.

Rachel

Commercial Operator

Thimerosal contains 49.6 percent mercury

Do you know, I started writing a reply to this thread, but then I thought "what's the point?" No matter what arguements I come up with, how much excellent scientific evidence I produce, those people who (for whatever misguided reasons) simply do not think any vaccines are a good idea are never going to agree with me. It's MMR all over again.
    All I'm going to say is this... I'm a virologist, I work in the NHS, I'm having my vaccine tomorrow and I urge everyone else who has been offered one to have it. If you don't care about protecting yourself from swine flu then think about the effect you might have if you get it and then infect someone else. That person might die because you couldn't see past the scare stories that magazines and newspapers thrive on.
    The UK is so lucky to have the NHS. It might not be perfect but I'd rather be cared for here than anywhere else in the world.

I'm not saying drugs companies never produce anything useful, but I do think sometimes 'things happen', either deliberately or accidentally.
    When it comes to conspiracy or **** up, it's usually **** up

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Is that where you normally go for your treatments?
    Yes and sadly I’m so at home there

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    Spoke to my consultant this afternoon to double check if I should go aheaad as I am 10 days post chemo which is the worst time for picking up infections etc as my immune system is at its lowest.
    His opinion is - it is not a live vaccine so will not itself make me ill. I may get a slightly raised temp for a few days while my body processes it and my arm is (as Maxine said) going to be quite sore for a few days.
    He is pro- having it done as swine flu would be far worse for me than a relatively minor reaction to the vaccine.
    So I am booked to have it on Wednesday.

Rachel
    I’m glad that sense has triumphed over conspiracy theory as a bout of flu could be dangerous to any one with an underlying health issues

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Doyle View Post

Thimerosal contains 49.6 percent mercury
    A friend of mine got the Cervapan vaccine, which wasn't on the list of vaccines I sent you...It's good to know that Celvapan does not contain thimerosal or adjuvants, which seems to be safer than the other ones I listed...

Thread Information