Thread: wristbands

wristbands

I went to the Dance for All event in Bedford Sat. They had some papery wristbands that I really liked, individually numbered (3,295 mine), can have logo / ad printed on them. They do all sorts.

www.jc-leisure.com

3 halls of dance & demos, not a trace of Modern Jive.

Re: wristbands

It's horses for courses. They had the papery wrist bands at Beach Bottoms and they're a bit waterproof, but not man enough for 4 showers a day, waterslides and a week of dancing.

The plastic wristbands annoy people because the clips scratch. I also hear that they're easy to transfer between people with a bit of superglue.

Cloth wristbands are indestructible (one of my friends has 4 Glasto bands on his arm ) and not easy to move between people. But they absorb water and sweat

Subcutaneous microchips

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post

The plastic wristbands annoy people because the clips scratch. I also hear that they're easy to transfer between people with a bit of superglue.
    A bit of tape over the clip and cutting a round edge on the surplus plastic puts a stop to that

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post
    It's horses for courses. They had the papery wrist bands at Beach Bottoms and they're a bit waterproof, but not man enough for 4 showers a day, waterslides and a week of dancing.
    I reckon they're the best available for a weekender though.

The plastic ones scratch all the way around, and aren't as strong as the papery ones (due to the holes).

Cloth wristbands are indestructible (one of my friends has 4 Glasto bands on his arm ) and not easy to move between people. But they absorb water and sweat
    Fabric is good most of the way around, except for the fastener, and you can wash it to a degree.

Innovation would be good. It would cost more but the wristband is more important for dance events, than for most types of events.

If a technical fabric for the cloth ones was used, such as those which are woven making every strand individually waterproof, it would get the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by frodo; 18th-October-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: grammar

Thread Information