Quote Originally Posted by sindbad View Post
Depends how gender balancing is implemented. If it is 1:1 ratio I personally think it doesn't work. Having been to a few weekenders I have noticed that for the workshops there seem to be more men than women, mainly because women are out shopping or busy doing something else. Each to their own preferences I guess.

The ratio balances out during the freestyle when everyone is out dancing.

Personally I would like to see a ratio of 1:1.3 (100 male : 130 female). Mainly because many women can lead compared to the number of guys that can follow. That's my opinion, I am sure others will have a different view on this topic.
Personally I would like to see the gender balance stay at 50/50 as this alleviates the impact when the ladies who book and pay for their imaginary men find that they do not turn up

I have not done any classes at weekenders for a couple of years but when I did there were normally more women than men and occasionally so bad that it was not worth continuing with the class and is one of the reasons that I don’t bother with classes any more I'd rather spend my time dancing than queuing up