View Poll Results: Is it right to ask your follow to visit the bar for you on the way back to the table?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't be so damn cheeky - I'll never dance with you again!

2 15.38%
  • Of course, they've probably got nothing better to do with their time

2 15.38%
  • Did somebody say something

9 69.23%

Thread: A Solution For Parched Leads in MJ?

A Solution For Parched Leads in MJ?

I was sitting last night at dinner with my good lady, CJ and Kazibaby. At one point and we were discussing the challenge of freestyles where the number of follows seriously exceeds the number the leads, with the resulting challange for leads in getting off the floor to get a drink. I thought I had the ideal solution to this and was encouraged to post on the forum for views.

So what do people think? In the knowledge that lack of leads might mean that the lady I have just danced could have a few spare minutes on her hands would it be too cheeky to ask them to nip to the bar on the way back to the table and get me a drink. ...

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: A Solution For Parched Leads in MJ?

I've got a couple of good mates, who I wouldn't give a second thought about, if they asked me to get them a drink but I know these guys 'well' and we're proper friends, above dancing.

But, If some random guy I'd just finished dancing with, who I hardly knew asked me to go to the bar for him, then I probably say something unprintable, followed by, who do you think I am? Go yourself, you cheeky *****

so, there's my answer, I hope it helps!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Yes, that is bloody cheeky as it means that's less chance still of her getting a dance. However in the fight for a lead, it maybe a good tactical manouvre, for the girl to stand already holding a drink to give the next man that asks her to dance.

The answer to this problem is obvious to me!

CamelBak RaceBak Hydration Vest

Described as: Combining a base layer with a 2.1-litre drinking bladder, Camelbak’s Racebak is a highly effective way of taking fluids on board while riding (or dancing me thinks)

To complete the circuit and minimise time off the dancefloor I suggest a second system will be needed to contain 'expelled' fluids (it's either that or sweat it all out!)

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...ion-vest-33889

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ca...ck/5360041706/

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post

To complete the circuit and minimise time off the dancefloor I suggest a second system will be needed to contain 'expelled' fluids (it's either that or sweat it all out!)
    I'm liking your thinking!

Now, if they just wore a rubber suit, with a straw down to the bottom, they could simply recycle the fluid. No need to take time off to towel down or refill, as all the sweat will be contained and they'll be dry to the touch..

Job done!

See, us girls can be just as 'thoughtful and sweet' as you guys
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

I like your thinking....

We could develop this further - I envisage teams of ladies waiting by the dance floor with a shirt change at the ready for us, towels poised to mop the sweat from our brows.... the oxygen mask ladies in case we're a little out of breath at the end of a dance...

Then you could have the 60-second-foot-massage teams, the shoe-shine girls, the shaving team for those guys who were so dedicated to supplying the ladies' dancing needs that they didn't have time to make that all-important appointment with a razor before they came out... all highly trained for that vital fast turnaround to get the guys back on the floor and dancing with no wasted time.

Could be onto a winner here!

The Dashing Moderator

I was thinking along similar lines - you beat me to it.

I have something similar at home for walking. I'm a bit worried that the rubber drinking tube might thwack my partner in the face when I spin though...
    Love dance, will travel

I have said this for years....There are a lot more women in dancing than men, combine this with women booking phantom men for weekenders and us men are like kids in a sweet shop.

A couple of Southport's ago I asked 2 or 3 women that I didn't know to dance, only 2 or 3 all weekend, and I didn't stop dancing all weekend until my knee's gave out and I hobbled back to the chalet.

Girl's girl's girl's give us men a break every now and then. A good thing to do is to dance with another man when there are lots of women over, I nearly got beaten up one year in Bognor, at a Franco weekend, when about 6 couples of men were dancing with each other, the girls went mad at us....Bless em all.

DTS XXX XXX

I think the men should have timers on their backs. That way the ladies can see how long we've been dancing for and allow us off the dancefloor to get a drink.

I see pink shirt 1 has been on the floor for 55 minutes. Probably a bit wet but a good dancer. Off he comes, drink, shirt change, clock reset, mandatory 5 minute rest and he's off again.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    A good thing to do is to dance with another man when there are lots of women over, I nearly got beaten up one year in Bognor, at a Franco weekend, when about 6 couples of men were dancing with each other, the girls went mad at us....Bless em all.

DTS XXX XXX
    We got separated mid lovely dance by 2 girlies at Camber in March this year, although I think it was more over concerns around orientation than reducing the available men pool, you were really turning up the sauciness Mr DTS !!
    Last edited by DavidY; 16th-October-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Fixing quote

I am liking the direction that some of the posts are taking.

I'm getting a sense of male dancers almost becoming like racing drivers, with a set of personal equipment for drinking and 'fluid management'.

This is then further developed in Stray's post to give the idea of a sort of MJ pit crew able to 'service' the man and get him back onto the floor as soon as possible.

All we'd need after that is a set of marshalls able to intervene quickly and remove broken down men from the floor quickly in case they become a danger to the faster moving pairs still out there - obviously far more important in the bouncy room.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    able to 'service' the man
    I think that's going a little bit too far!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    a sort of MJ pit crew able to 'service' the man and get him back onto the floor as soon as possible
    ‘Servicing’ for men? I just can’t wait to see that listed in the details for a weekender. And how about for the women too? Mustn’t discriminate

A few questions

Will the ‘servicing’ be in public? In motor racing it is normal to observe the tyre changes, refuelling etc. etc.

How will the cost of ‘servicing’ be met. I think it would make good sense for the organisers to keep the most high performance and desired ‘vehicles’ well ‘serviced’. However, if the dancing equivalent of a clapped-out hatchback is on the dancefloor should the organisers:

1. Give him a loving ‘service’ then get him back on the dancefloor and request that followers do not ‘thrash’ him.
    2. Allow him to smoke, backfire, rattle and bang his way through the weekend any way he can until he can dance no longer; then leave him to call his own ‘tow-truck’ on Monday morning

The Oracle

Is this what would happen if there were more men than women, and we could drink whenever we wanted:

1. Give him a loving ‘service’ then get him back on the dancefloor and request that followers do not ‘thrash’ him.
    2. Allow him to smoke, backfire, rattle and bang his way through the weekend any way he can until he can dance no longer; then leave him to call his own ‘tow-truck’ on Monday morning
    we could have sensor fitted moisture, temprature , heart rate etc
    this way w could have teams of people in the pits with laptops monitoring our every move ad postingon the forum at the same time

However, if the dancing equivalent of a clapped-out hatchback is on the dancefloor should the organisers:

This is assuming that anyone actually wants to dance with the clapped-out hatchbacks when the Ferraris are available...

I think men may prefer this option... http://www.firebox.com/product/2061/The-WineRack ... Dance, Drink and admire the view at the same time...

My main problem with a guy asking me to get him a drink would be that it would mean I felt obligated to leave the dance floor and that's not why I go dancing (I don't generally drink at freestyles just dance). I would get friends drinks if they asked, not sure about strangers though, and even then it may take a few songs before I reach the bar for them.

Would it mean the quality of the dance impacts on the type of drink purchased?

An Eclectic Toaster

Described as: Combining a base layer with a 2.1-litre drinking bladder, Camelbak’s Racebak is a highly effective way of taking fluids on board while riding (or dancing me thinks)

Hmm...not something for a popular follow though. An over-exuberant drop could end up looking like a clumsy remake of Flashdance...

Thread Information