Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor

Re: The X Factor

Am I the only person in the country who thinks Cheryl cannot sing. When there are a lot of people dancing and fannying around on the stage they are there to take the emphasis away from the bad singing.

She really is dreadfull.

DTS XXX XXX

The twins are through AGAIN!

It's getting silly now, because acts that actually have some talent are going out while those wallies are still on the show.

Old Micky Bubbles was good though. He's a bit of a hotty isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

It's getting silly now, because acts that actually have some talent are going out while those wallies are still on the show.

T
    It's rediculous and they think they are so good: As for Mr Buble, can't wait till he tours again, i was in the sixth row last time,he's even better in the flesh.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is beyond a joke now! I really liked Miss Franks this week too.

But yes, Mr Bubble is definitely a hotty!

I loved the bit when Dermot said, "ooh, a mega star who isn't weird, what a treat"
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I do enjoy the programme but it is somewhat irritating when the judges moan about the twins.They put them there at the expense of some good talent.

I thought Lucie was the star on Saturday.

Stacey just cracks me up,I just find her so funny,thats if you can understand what she says.

The Welsh lad seems to be finding it a bit tough at the moment and I am afraid that the rap from Miss Frank just did not do it for me.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    I do enjoy the programme but it is somewhat irritating when the judges moan about the twins.They put them there at the expense of some good talent.

I thought Lucie was the star on Saturday.

Stacey just cracks me up,I just find her so funny,thats if you can understand what she says.

The Welsh lad seems to be finding it a bit tough at the moment and I am afraid that the rap from Miss Frank just did not do it for me.
    She once rapped in Spanish which i found very musical. Her rapping in English is poor and very annoying when she does it as her singing voice is very good. In fact on Saturday she stood out in the middle of the other 2 as a singer who did not need to try where her two bookends DID need to. Although they did do alright with the attempt, certainly theres an improvement there. I would say Jamie and Lloyd were pretty awful and one of them should have joined the twins* in the sing off. But as we know, the bottom two are there because they are less popular - it has nothing whatsoever to do with talent. Louis Walsh knew the twins would be popular, he's not daft - he just knows the public are .

*not since Arnie and Danny DeVito have twins had such bad representatives.

I'm calling them the Rice Krispie twins from now on. Lets face it, you never see all four of them in the same room, do you?

And so the newspapers tell us this morning (although it's not 'official')..that the twins are recieving the largest percentage of the public vote?!!

Whaattt??

Quote Originally Posted by The Little 'un View Post
    And so the newspapers tell us this morning (although it's not 'official')..that the twins are recieving the largest percentage of the public vote?!!

Whaattt??
    Yup, people will keep voting to laugh at them. Exploitation at the end of the day and they're probably too stupid to see it.

Blog Entries

I think the fact that the twins are getting getting through for the 'wrong' reaons, also has a knock-on effect, as people like 'me' can't be bothered to vote on a programme that's fast becoming a farce.

I'll still watch it, as I enjoy the performances of the other acts but from now on, I'll be watching it for the performances alone and not because its a competition.
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I think the fact that the twins are getting getting through for the 'wrong' reaons, also has a knock-on effect, as people like 'me' can't be bothered to vote on a programme that's fast becoming a farce.

I'll still watch it, as I enjoy the performances of the other acts but from now on, I'll be watching it for the performances alone and not because its a competition.
    It is annoying I'll grant you. I was quite enjoying seeing how Miss Frank were progressing as a group for example. But it only ever becomes a competition in the last six weeks or so (Lucie, Stacey, Jamie, Danyl, Olie, Joe) the first are just getting rid of the ones that won't win.

Blog Entries

Miss Frank going was great. Firstly i dont think they ever really connected as a group, especially the little one, she was always walking in front of them, trying to upstage them and in actual fact on saturday she made loads of mistakes, singing at the wrong time and taking the other girls lead vocals. As for the rap, jeeeez.

The twins, car crash television, hysterical.

My winner - not decided yet, keeps changing each week but i like them all.

Stacey - wish she would sing properly or at least get a break with the song choices, Saturday was awful. flat and emotionless.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    It is annoying I'll grant you. I was quite enjoying seeing how Miss Frank were progressing as a group for example. But it only ever becomes a competition in the last six weeks or so (Lucie, Stacey, Jamie, Danyl, Olie, Joe) the first are just getting rid of the ones that won't win.
    I agree. The twins staying in doesn't bother me so much when those going out wouldn't have lasted the distance anyway. I wonder if the John Seargant effect will occur this year - and the twins will stay in longer then people actually capable of winning it. Who knows ? (and who cares to be honest, it'll be funny ).

Heres my dubious views on the people left :

Danyl - a great entertainer, but not sure if he has the staying power or if he can be consistent with each new style
    Jamie - if he can't "rock out" to it, he is pretty poor, likeable though
    Olly - brilliant at everything...but likeable ? hmm, not such an easy charisma as some of the others
    Joe - struggled a bit at the beginning of his Big Band song but when it came together it was brilliant. Versatile. Another Leon Jackson?
    Lloyd - terrible at big band songs, showed promise other weeks; not that it matters - will have staying power due to cuteness. Another Eoughan?
    Twins - cant sing, cant dance, look awful : will go a long way.
    Rachel - getting better, but needs to go for it to stay in - dull compared to other 2 girls
    Stacey - probably the most versatile of the girls, but not at her best on stage, charisma when not singing almost makes up for it.
    Lucie - had her best week, quite brilliant, just needs to keep it up

In summary; Dan Dare lookalike Olly Murs FTW !

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Miss Frank going was great. Firstly i dont think they ever really connected as a group, especially the little one, she was always walking in front of them, trying to upstage them and in actual fact on saturday she made loads of mistakes, singing at the wrong time and taking the other girls lead vocals. As for the rap, jeeeez.
    Welcome back Trouble. Where have you been?

Spot on with that.
    I will be surprised if they stay together.

My Auntie & cousins have known Olly Mur for a few years now, a big gathering of them go up the local football club (where he used to play with them) every saturday night and watch it on the big screen. The cheeky git told everyone that he never got through boot camp

I haven't been following it at all this year, - just hasn't interested me, I thought the auditions were ruined by having it in front of a live audience. I'm also fed up of all the padding, and when anyone says the slightest big negative the whole crowd starts booing, - it's all a bit immature!

Seems though this programme is going the same way as big brother. No-one really taking it seriously - we've all seen it before.

I hope these couple of idiots win (they had the most number of votes last week) in order further discredit the entire show

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...-win-show.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Welcome back Trouble. Where have you been?

Facebook my lovely..... x

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Facebook my lovely..... x
    I'm sorry but that's not the 'whole' truth!

You've been living the high-life on some exotic island..

we've seen the photographic evidence (including your bum! )

Blog Entries

I'm sorry but that's not the 'whole' truth!

You've been living the high-life on some exotic island..

we've seen the photographic evidence (including your bum! )
    yes i know awful isn't it. LOL

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is beyond a joke now! I really liked Miss Franks this week too.

But yes, Mr Bubble is definitely a hotty!

I loved the bit when Dermot said, "ooh, a mega star who isn't weird, what a treat"

You know I really like Miss Franks as well and didnt vote as I assumed they and a few others I liked would stayed in.

I wonder how many 10000s didnt vote last week because of that.

Next week Ill vote

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

so Lloyd, clearly the worst on the night - yes even worse than the twins who at least were entertaining in an horrendous way - was in the bottom 2. He should clearly have gone... but Simon, with the deciding vote, says he cant decide between the 2 of them and to let the public vote... he cites as reasons that Lloyd was a bit ill, and that Rachel isn't popular -despite the previous week saying the "sing off" was the bottoms twos last chance to impress and his decission was made only on that performance! And he has the cheek to complain about the twins who clearly are popular.

Yet again, judges that don't judge. Thus ensuring people know they have more power and vote in their thousands knowing that they may well make a difference...its a cynical money spinner with every strained controversy and gurning judge face designed to get new votes to phone in innit....ka-ching.

yeah - i love a stupid rant. It makes me feel a real part of the internet. I am now off to call someone on youTube "totally gay"

Thread Information