Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: The X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by thainmaggiet View Post
    and the Scots are not biased!
    Indeed, and i find it quite offensive that people think a nation will vote for a poor performance simply because it is "one of their own". I think the squeeky muppet is not particularly good at all - hes not the worst yet... but he soon will be, and to be honest, he should not have made it to the live rounds at all.

I was slightly miffed on Saturday by Louis vote. He was not there so should have not had a vote at all, yet his vote was counted for the group because they were "his act". if they judges are not judging a performance and voting accordingly then what is the point of them ? The idea that someone backs their act when they are clearly worse is quite shocking. In this case he wasn't even there to witness them being worse.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Yes but that was prob the most sensible thing to do in the circumstances, otherwise they could have opened themselves up to all kinds of problems and complaints. Especially with all the phone voting problems that these kind of shows have had over the last year or so.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Indeed, and i find it quite offensive that people think a nation will vote for a poor performance simply because it is "one of their own".
    I agree, if I were Irish, I'd be embarrassed that the twins got through, as they clearly are inferior to the rest, so it makes the Irish people look a bit daft for supporting them

And Louis looks the 'most' daft!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Ah, come now, it's all staged managed.. the boys are just prawns in Simon's rating game.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Ah, come now, it's all staged managed.. the boys are just prawns in Simon's rating game.
    Stage managed competitons?!?!?!?!?!

I wonder if that happens in the dance world...

With regard to the ratings game... isn't X hammering Strictly??

Any thoughts why?

Quote Originally Posted by thainmaggiet View Post
    Their name was actually Mcdonald....and the Scots are not biased! We vote for the Irish..Welsh..Turkhistanis?..Martians..etc I am actually voting for Jamie we have similar hair
    I realised they were McDonald, just using the nickname they were given...

You can deny that regional supporting does not happen, but I'm pretty dam sure it does.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Prawns eh? Hmm, fishy..........

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    You can deny that regional supporting does not happen, but I'm pretty dam sure it does.
    No one has mentioned regional supporting, but I am sure national supporting does happen, it is just not generally true as you seem to suggest. It's as likely that people will NOT vote for someone who is also Scottish/Welsh/English/Whatever because they have no talent and the association would be embarassing.

Unfortunately a not vote doesn't cancel out a vote and hence these acts stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Unfortunately a not vote doesn't cancel out a vote and hence these acts stay in.
    Blimey! Are you the Financial Director on ITV?

Besides...it doesn't matter how much money you waste on voting. Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller decide who the winner is long before the live shows ever start (fact)

How do they do this? Simple really, if the "pre-chosen" winner ever gets to the vote off at the end of the show, the judges simply vote off the other act, so it doesn't matter how many times they get the least votes, Simon can always vote off the other one.

Of course this can't be done in the very last show as it's purely down to the voting public...at which point, the phone lines are heavy stacked in favour of the "pre-chosen" winner. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Besides...it doesn't matter how much money you waste on voting. Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller decide who the winner is long before the live shows ever start (fact)

How do they do this? Simple really, if the "pre-chosen" winner ever gets to the vote off at the end of the show, the judges simply vote off the other act, so it doesn't matter how many times they get the least votes, Simon can always vote off the other one.

Of course this can't be done in the very last show as it's purely down to the voting public...at which point, the phone lines are heavy stacked in favour of the "pre-chosen" winner. Simples!
    Largely true. Which is why I think Lucie and Stacey have it particularly tough this year. With Leona and Alexandra out there, I'm guessing he wants something different so has already laid all his chips on Danyl (surely overrated) Not to mention how they can order the acts to swing things. BgT last year, the 3 top acts were 8-9-10 to perform. The only reason I backed Rachel for the bottom two from my shortlist was because she was on first.

I don't buy that

ITV and their phone voting will be under close scrutiny after the scandal with Ant & Dec. You are correct in saying that they can control it to a certain extent before the finals but it would mean rigging the final and I can't see that being allowed.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek! I totally agree with you about biased voting and Cheryl always stirs up the Geordie vote! Nothing wrong with that really, as long as people, who are obviously duds, are not brought back again and again to the detriment of others....although anyone can and should vote for any one they want, it is a public vote after all....here I am contradicting myself again...any contestants with Scottish ancestors out there?
    THE ABILITY TO QUOTE IS A SERVICEABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR WIT!

Those bloody twins are through again this week. Mind you, it is quite entertaining watching them dancing around the stage like tone deaf leprechauns on crack. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing which song they murder next week, so I can have a good giggle at their expense.

Cheryl looked like a chavvy hooker with that hideous leg tattoo on show, at least she sang live.

Whitney, I suspect, is not off the gear, judging by tonight's performance. When she was talking to Dermot at the end, she appeared "doped" and unable to string two words together without a struggle. Sounded OK though and she wasn't too fazed by her wardrobe malfunction. At one moment, I thought her spaniels ear holes were going to flop out!
    Last edited by Double Trouble; 18th-October-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Those bloody twins are through again this week. Mind you, it is quite entertaining watching them dancing around the stage like tone deaf leprechauns on crack. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing which song they murder next week, so I can have a good giggle at their expense.

Cheryl looked like a chavvy hooker with that hideous leg tattoo on show, at least she sang live.

Whitney, I suspect, is not off the gear, judging by tonight's performance. When she was talking to Dermot at the end, she appeared "doped" and unable to string two words together without a struggle. Sounded OK though and she wasn't too fazed by her wardrobe malfunction. At one moment, I thought her spaniels ear holes were going to flop out!

good review

just love that Olly !

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

It wasn't all live. If you listen to it again, she sang the first verse and choruses live but the second verse was def lip synced.

You can tell from the actual single that she has trouble with some of the notes ie "Picknic" and "walk in the park" which sound like they have been autotuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    It wasn't all live. If you listen to it again, she sang the first verse and choruses live but the second verse was def lip synced.
    Yeah, you're right. Me and Gav noticed she had "help" in parts and was lip sinching some of it.

Quote of the night last night came from one of the freaks, I mean twins, when they said "To say we can't sing is like saying David Beckham can't play football"

Err...no it isn't.

They are deluded idiots. Where once I had nice, warm mental images of Britney in a red PVC catsuit when that song came on, I feel I now may have to consult a psychiatrist to remove the trauma. Ricky may have been ***** and deserved to go of the 2 in the sing-off, but Cheryl was right - decent acts shouldn't be leaving at the expense of a couple of jokers.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

No big surprise that the twins got through - i expect they'll be around for a while. I wasn't surprised by the bottom 2 - i thought Rikki was much better this week but he's not the greatest singer and it was only going to be a matter of time. Rachel is much better than her performances so far - but unless she blows us away next week, she's on the way out.

Simons claims of "judging purely on the performance" and claims that the contestents are "singing to save themselves" is an annoying lie - if it were true Louie would not have had a vote the week before and Cheryl would not have mentioned "sticking with her act" as if it is relevant. In a sing off - what is the point of judges who do not judge ?

Thread Information