Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The X Factor

Is anyone else watching it this series?

I've just watched the result show and I can't believe those irritating twins are still in..

but the thing that struck me was Alexandra Burke's new song (last years winner) sounds just like Katy Perry's 'I kissed a girl'

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this?

Alexandra Burke Feat. Flo Rida - Bad Boys

Katy Perry
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Re: The X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this?
    ....... no you're not the only one Lory, I agree completely.

Really disappointed that she chose not to sing live at the weekend, but then when you see Robbie's effort and the effort of the 12 finalists singing Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night, she did come out of it best.

I've been watching this (thanks mainly to ITV2 ...... good way to finish a Saturday night out ), and think that there's quite a few good uns this time round.

Hope the judges start being nice to the twins, as maybe then they'll get the boot they truely deserve.

I always enjoy the show at this stage,unfortunately,as in SCD,there is always some really stupid voting.
    There seems to be a few good solo singers in this series but I dont hold out much hope for the groups at the final hurdle.
    What is disappointing are the the ones that didnt get thro to the boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    Really disappointed that she chose not to sing live at the weekend
    Thank you TP. I was saying at work today about how wrong it was that she was lip syncing to her song, baring in mind it's X factor and it's all about live performances and almost everyone in my office refused to believe she was lip syncing. It was so obvious! It's impossible to dance like that and sing properly at the same time. Besides which, when she was talking to Dermot after her performance she could barely talk she was so out of breath, let alone sing.

As for Robbie - credit to him for singing live. He might not have sounded great and IMO, that new single of his is a pile of poop, but at least he sang live.

Something else I noticed about Robbie too. He'd clearly snorted at least half a ton of the old marching powder before he got on stage. He was so obviously completely off his tits!

I predict a male solo singer will win this year. I'm not sure which one yet, but there are at least three in the running. Two from the 25 and overs and one of the younger lads (I can't remember any of their names yet)

I've gone off SCD, it's rubbish this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Something else I noticed about Robbie too. He'd clearly snorted at least half a ton of the old marching powder before he got on stage. He was so obviously completely off his tits!
    I didn't see the show, but I thought that when I saw the pictures in the paper this morning. He was making some excuse about a door being stuck making him flustered, but in all the pics he's very wide eyed, with pupils the size of hub caps!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Is anyone else watching it this series?
    What? Don't you read my Ceroc Scotland blog ?

I've just watched the result show and I can't believe those irritating twins are still in..
    Oh I can - at what point in the history of the x-factor have the least talented been voted off every week? Despite the judges opinions on the matter, it is not a singing competition - it is a popularity competition, as voted by the general public. I can imagine many peoples reasons for voting for John and Edward even if none of those reasons involve singing just as peoples reasons for voting for John Seargant week after week in last years SCD were nothing to do with dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    it is a popularity competition, as voted by the general public. I can imagine many peoples reasons for voting for John and Edward even if none of those reasons involve singing just as peoples reasons for voting for John Seargant week after week in last years SCD were nothing to do with dancing.
    I get your point about it being a popularity competition and nothing to do with singing or dancing, but John Seargant was endearing and likeable, whereas John and Edward are quite the most irritating little germs on telly. I mean, they deserve a poke in the eye for the hairdo's alone!

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Was anyone else dissapointed on Sunday when they said "Lets see Kandy Rains best bits" which then turned out to be a highlight reel?

Lucie Jones ftw

Blog Entries

As for Robbie - credit to him for singing live. He might not have sounded great and IMO, that new single of his is a pile of poop, but at least he sang live.
    Yeah, its a shame, I've always liked Robbie but watching his performance on Sat, unfortunately made me squirm in my seat slightly. I'm not sure if it was the fact the song was 'pile of poop', as you put it or he was on something or just for the simple fact, he (dare I say it) looked a bit like an old man, trying to be cool at times

I predict a male solo singer will win this year. I'm not sure which one yet, but there are at least three in the running. Two from the 25 and overs and one of the younger lads (I can't remember any of their names yet)
    My Fav acts (in no particular order) are
    Joe McElldery (he looks like my son )
    Lucie Jones
    Olly Murs
    Daniel Johnson
    Miss Franks

I like Stacy Soloman's singing voice but I think she's got the potential to get on my nerves, very soon
    I've gone off SCD, it's rubbish this year.

What? Don't you read my Ceroc Scotland blog ?
    I have now!

It is a popularity competition, as voted by the general public. I can imagine many peoples reasons for voting for John and Edward
    Like 'what' reasons?

this link shows the line up http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/ and a recap of the show
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Joe McElldery (he looks like my son )
    that's who it is, I knew he reminded me of someone
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    that's who it is, I knew he reminded me of someone
    So its not just me and my Dad then
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Lucie Jones ftw
    (that is all)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I like Stacy Soloman's singing voice but I think she's got the potential to get on my nerves, very soon

No, no, no. I agree with Robbie Williams, I want a Stacy and i think every home should have one

Like 'what' reasons?
    because...

people can be sadists
    it proves peoples voting power
    it annoys purists
    they like the look of them generally
    they would vote for any irish people
    they like twins
    they like Louie and his acts
    they dislike Simon and know it will annoy him
    they like blondes
    they think they are talented (!)
    Last edited by Lory; 13th-October-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

I think the guy with the poodles strapped to his head is going to win it..

No, no, no. I agree with Robbie Williams, I want a Stacy and i think every home should have one
    Best line of the night that

because...

people can be sadists
    it proves peoples voting power
    it annoys purists
    they like the look of them generally
    they would vote for any irish people
    they like twins
    they like Louie and his acts
    they dislike Simon and know it will annoy him
    they like blondes
    they think they are talented (!)
    It was blatantly obvious that J&E would get through. Its the love to hate factor and how entertaining they'll be for all the wrong reasons. I made a tidy profit on Kandy Rain and Rachel being the bottom two because it was so ridiculously priced for KR & J+E (when will people learn).

The Irish vote will keep J&E in for too long, as will the Scottish vote with the forgettable one that cries all the time (both as per the McDougal Brothers a couple of years back). Hopefully the cream will still rise to the top - Joe surprised me (how much older did they manage to make him look?!) and has got to be a contender, Lucie, well I don't need to say anything , Stacey may go a long way if the British public warm to her and Simon has 3 good acts with Daniel being the standout one I think. Miss Frank will do well but I don't think they'll be round in the final. I may well be totally wrong on all counts though...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    The Irish vote will keep J&E in for too long, as will the Scottish vote with the forgettable one that cries all the time (both as per the McDougal Brothers a couple of years back). Hopefully the cream will still rise to the top - Joe surprised me (how much older did they manage to make him look?!) and has got to be a contender, Lucie, well I don't need to say anything , Stacey may go a long way if the British public warm to her and Simon has 3 good acts with Daniel being the standout one I think. Miss Frank will do well but I don't think they'll be round in the final. I may well be totally wrong on all counts though...
    Their name was actually Mcdonald....and the Scots are not biased! We vote for the Irish..Welsh..Turkhistanis?..Martians..etc I am actually voting for Jamie we have similar hair
    THE ABILITY TO QUOTE IS A SERVICEABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR WIT!

Quote Originally Posted by thainmaggiet View Post
    the Scots are not biased!

Two words - Michelle McManus

Two words - Michelle McManus

Now, now ....... not that I'm one to stick up for the McManus - especially after having the misfortune of catching her present the Five O'Clock Show ( or whatever its called ) yesterday ..... utter pish - but I do think she was the pick of a particularily bad bunch that year, wasn't it the two lads who present Saturday Kid's TV and that singing vicar, OMG its years ago now.

Anyway, I'm Scottish so what do I know about it?

Thread Information