Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc predation

Commercial Operator

Re: Ceroc predation

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    No it was not I was there, were you there? My weekend was sullied by the loutish behaviour of the owner of GJ and his ill mannered staff and yobish dancers at that time.
    These are not words that I'd normally associate with the phrase 'no axe to grind'.

Plus - is it just me, or does this skirt perilously close to the naming and shaming rules?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    These are not words that I'd normally associate with the phrase 'no axe to grind'.

Plus - is it just me, or does this skirt perilously close to the naming and shaming rules?
    Well have a little read of my post no 60 and then decide if an axe is being ground.

As for the naming and shaming, GJ was named in the first post by someone else.

DTS XXX XXX

My weekend was sullied by the loutish behaviour of the owner of GJ and his ill mannered staff and yobish dancers at that time. Things may have changed now, they were asked numerous times to stop blowing the air horns, they were paying punters who had no regard for other punters at the weekend.

The constant bitching of the owners parents and other members of GJ loutish followers sullied the weekend for me, if I can put it any clearer please let me know.

DTS XXX XXX
    This is the experience of a person, at an event.

He has said, things may have changed now.

This a forum of views...

No need to beat up anyone, coz they have a view different from you, simply give over your view as well - did anyone enjoy the air horns and the general "enthusiasum" generated?
    Did anyone else dare to sit at the same table?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    You're missing the point completely. I didn't say you were representing Ceroc or that I had a problem with Ceroc, I was pointing out that your experience in Blackpool was with individual people not a company.
    You could say it was individuals, but it is a group of individuals and groups can have specific cultures.

It would be hard to argue Ceroc doesn't have a strong culture.

Ginger Jive could be separate / large enough to have it's own reasonably strong culture.

For someone such as dave the scaffolder, who IMO seems steeped in the Ceroc culture, a general opinion of another culture may be perfectly valid.

If perhaps, coloured by the observing culture.

Froda my lover a valid post methinks, however this incident happened at least 3 years ago.

I have become an adherent of Ceroc only within the last twelve months or so, I genuinley believe Ceroc offers the best value for money in the dance market, Ceroc and I have had some right old ding dongs on here, see my post on my 1st Utopia at Twickenham.

I am constantly astounded at the level of abuse Ceroc receives on this Forum which is a testament to the open and honest discussions that occur on this Forum.

Ceroc is the market leader because of the culture of improvement and listening to their paying punters. This is just my opinion, but any senior member of Ceroc would have had a quiet word at the time and curtailed the behaviour at that time.

Again, just my opinion.

DTS XXX XXX

Come along now,behave.
    DTS-it was 3 years ago and they were enjoying themselves.As you say times may have changed.
    I suppose its a bit like,oh I don't know,someone enjoying themselves by licking peoples heads or greeting others by grabbing their balls.Fun for some maybe,'yobish' behaviour to others.

NO DTS I havent forgotten the offensive PM you sent me!!!!
    And you still owe me a drink.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Cru darling I in no way whatsoever represent Ceroc in any capacity. I am giving an account of my experience of GJ, if you or any other person have issues with Ceroc take them to Ceroc.
    There was a really loud WHOOSHING sound as Cruellas post took its supersonic flight over your head. We heard the sonic boom in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    For someone such as dave the scaffolder, who IMO seems steeped in the Ceroc culture, a general opinion of another culture may be perfectly valid.
    Oh dear now I imagine some future David Attenburger will be pouring over archived youTube footage in 2326 and pointing out "the culture of the Ceroc dancer" ...

"resplendent in black, we see the Ceroc male approaches a lone female, briefly separated from the pack, after carefully circling the dance floor..."

djtrev nice to see you again mate, a drink awaits you nought wrong with an odd abusive pm, I have had loads.

As for Cruella, were you there Crue?

As for separating a lone female from the pack, would this be the pack of regular Ceroc basher's who turn up at most events and do nought but slag off Ceroc, on this and the other forum. Yet moan and whine when there are no tickets left.

So lets not turn this into a Ceroc agin GJ bitch fest, because Ceroc has already won that war, it is my personal opinion.

DTS XXX XXX
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 5th-October-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: why not

Blog Entries

So lets not turn this into a Ceroc agin GJ bitch fest, because Ceroc has already won that war, it is my personal opinion.
    Bah! We've told you a million times to stop exaggerating, Dave.

How can it be a war until at least Ceroc marches into a small European country and one of the Rocov family posts that they've been misunderstood. "It's not an act of aggression! Honestly, they invited us, and we've been in negotiations with Butlins... ermm... HG Wells.. errmm.... Greenham... ermmm.. I mean the small European country for over a year! "

I am constantly astounded at the level of abuse Ceroc receives on this Forum which is a testament to the open and honest discussions that occur on this Forum.
    I really kind of agree.

A thread entitled 'Ceroc predation' strongly implies a load/bias .... in this case .... against Ceroc (of which my general view is only slightly, but not greatly disparaging).

There would be an argument to shift such a post straight to 'Take it outside'. Whether intended or not, it sets out battle lines to attack and defend.

Having said that, I really don't know what a more balanced title might be.

A tamer one might say something about 'profits versus business ethics'.

A lighter title - 'The Empire Strikes Back (or again)'

Baised the other way might say 'Success of big brand marketing'.

It seems to me that 'predation' in the lovey dovey world of dancing on an evening, sounds nasty and agressive.

Do I not have a point?? Pray tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post

It seems to me that 'predation' in the lovey dovey world of dancing on an evening, sounds nasty and agressive.

Do I not have a point?? Pray tell!
    you certainly do have a point and that was my first take on this thread
    once again lets bash the big boys its a great way of advertising that we exist

Funny thing is that the imo best little people keep very quiet when this sort of thing happens they have no need for bitching and whining they just put on a good show and allow punters to take their choice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot Lady View Post
    I've now read Val's account, Luci's account & the official GingerJive account of what happened & cannot see much similarity between Luci/GJ versus Val. It's impossible to know which 'spin' to believe.
    Visit the Liberty when you get a chance and ask the venue owner Steve about the facts, and then you'll know. He's always around and has said he's happy to talk to people about what lead to the changeover.

I have one very simple statement to add which will hopefully put an end to the speculation on this thread. There are so many bits of "hearsay" & "facts" with respect to one very simple transaction it reads like a courtroom drama.

As Owner of the Liberty Ballroom I can say that Val's post #5 and Rocky's post #72 present the basic, honest facts.

As Rocky stated anyone may speak to me at any time about the subject.

I could write an essay on the matter but I'm too busy refurbishing the Ballroom, complete with state of the art sound & lighting system for those of you whom we look forward to seeing soon.

(For the conspiracy theorists amongst you the work is at my expense & not that of Ceroc)

End of..!

Kind regards
    Steve Hunt
    Liberty Ballroom Owner

I for one want to congratulate Dave and Val for at long last having their own franchise
    I am hoping the work and attention to detail that they always put into the utopia events will help put this new venture on the map

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty_Ballroom View Post
    ....Good stuff....
    Now all we need is personal testimony from the airhorn, and this thread's wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Come to think (and I have no axe to grind either), years ago back when I was at school, a ginger-haired person beat up a friend of mine and stole his lunch money. Just goes to show...
    Im still waiting to get my pocket money back

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Now all we need is personal testimony from the airhorn, and this thread's wrapped up.
    What do you want to know... was the airhorn blown of it's own accord or was it blown without consent...

Airhorn abuse, now could that be a legal battle?

Maybe a court case pending?

Airhorns of the world unite - do not suffer in silence!

At this stage of proccedings I shall put my travel bag on the floor, ie I rest my case mlord.

Well done to Val and Dave and a great big well done to the Liberty Ballroom for laying this one to bed. Ps Cru I still love you, we just disagree on stuff, look forward to having a dance mit you soon.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty_Ballroom View Post
    IAs Rocky stated anyone may speak to me at any time about the subject.
    Hello Steve. This is just a general enquiry to satisfy my curiosity. Having read Vals post again it would seem that one of the things that swayed you towards Ceroc and away from GJ was that Ceroc would do the promotional activities that GJ had promised but not delivered and that the promotional activities would increase footfall at your venue.

My question is Why is the volume of footfall at a particular event better for a venue? If you were charging a flat fee then it would not matter if one organiser was dying on his feet and another was rammed to the rafters as long as you got your fee then all things would be equal. Is it as simple as more footfall = more business at the bar = better profit for the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Hello Steve. This is just a general enquiry to satisfy my curiosity. Having read Vals post again it would seem that one of the things that swayed you towards Ceroc and away from GJ was that Ceroc would do the promotional activities that GJ had promised but not delivered and that the promotional activities would increase footfall at your venue.

My question is Why is the volume of footfall at a particular event better for a venue? If you were charging a flat fee then it would not matter if one organiser was dying on his feet and another was rammed to the rafters as long as you got your fee then all things would be equal. Is it as simple as more footfall = more business at the bar = better profit for the venue.
    General issue - I know nothing about Liberty Ballroom.

Some venues have contracts with drink suppliers and have to meet sales targets or face big price rises. This can lead to abuses like air-con off to both save money and to improve drink sales due to heat, and water prices high.

Thread Information