Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc predation

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Ceroc predation

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    The 3 times I have been to Blackpool, with the company I learned to dance with (and crewed for in the past), I have had a blast. There were often a few of us there, and yes we were loud at times as we were supporting a lot of friends competing - but we were also clapping for and appreciating the effort and guts of all the competitors out there.

As there were often a lot of us we would sit in an area together, as do many other groups that have travelled down together. Coming from Bath way I didn't necessarily know everyone from GJ that was there with us and on one visit I was told I was sitting on "someone's" chair(!) No-one was aggressive to me but I think it's just that sometimes people that maybe aren't used to the weekender vibe of 'plonk yourself anywhere' can get quite protective over chairs. But hey, I'm generally dancing or am happy to plonk myself on the floor to watch the comps so no biggie to me.

I can appreciate that not everyone likes the noise but on some occasions that I was there it seemed that we were encouraged to cheer loudly and added to the atmosphere - that's what the banter seemed to imply.

Hmmmm, if only I were more than a registered user then I could have a signature..."dancing ill-mannered oaf" perhaps

I'm not trying to have a row DTS just presenting my view of events.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Like I stated, I have no axe to grind with GJ, but having the organizer asking GJ to stop using the air horns, and sitting at a public table before Gj arriving mob handed, to be whined about constantly by GJ staff and dancers gave me the above stated impression of GJ. It was akin to sitting next to a group of football hooligans. But hey as long as GJ is having a good time normal good manners and dance etiquette apparently can be ignored.

As you stated earlier I do not want to argue with you either, but this did happen, and it happened to me as a new dancer and it left this impression of GJ with me, maybe the Co have got their act together now and behave in a polite and better manner.

DTS XXX XXX
    I'm confused as to the relevance of this to the subject of the thread?
    It just seems a gateway for all and sundry to now post any irrelevant experiences of Ceroc and Ginger Jive to try and make each company look worse than the other. i.e I saw Mike Ellard barge an old lady to jump the queue in M&S. (This is purely a fictional scenario and I have no idea if Mike Ellard shops in M&S)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I'm confused as to the relevance of this to the subject of the thread?
    It just seems a gateway for all and sundry to now post any irrelevant experiences of Ceroc and Ginger Jive to try and make each company look worse than the other. i.e I saw Mike Ellard barge an old lady to jump the queue in M&S. (This is purely a fictional scenario and I have no idea if Mike Ellard shops in M&S)
    Shhhhhh!

When has relevance ever been a requirement of posting on this Forum. I believe Mike shops in John Lewis and Harrods, don't you know. I spent a lot of time and money traveling to Blackpool and the experience was sullied by the actions of GJ. This is not a personal attack against any one person but an observation of the loutish, my opinion only, behaviour of members of a dance co at a public event.

DTS XXX XXX

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

When has relevance ever been a requirement of posting on this Forum. I believe Mike shops in John Lewis and Harrods, don't you know. I spent a lot of time and money traveling to Blackpool and the experience was sullied by the actions of GJ. This is not a personal attack against any one person but an observation of the loutish, my opinion only, behaviour of members of a dance co at a public event.

DTS XXX XXX
    I doubt its Ginger Jive people specifically, i think everyone from the south west is generally rude and obnoxious.

Re: Ceroc competition - and the business ethic

Perspectives!!! Don't ya just luv'em??

It reminds me of a story of some chap on the tube on Sunday morning. Train comes to a stop and some bloke gets on with 4 kids, and sits next to him. Those kids, then, cause havoc on a quiet Sunday morning ... jumping up and down on the seats ... pulling at the paper that another passenger is trying to read .... screaming .... shouting ... running up and down ... and generally shattering the peace and quiet of a Sunday morning. Yet the 'father' doesn't seem to be bothered, or even acknowledge the situation.

The man sat next to him does! What does he do?

"Excuse me mate, your kids are really upsetting the other passengers, would you mind keeping them under a little more control?" in a voice with a hint of anger and frustration.

The father's head lifts, and his eyes clear, as if he's just come to the reality of the situation.

"oh ... Oh! I'm sorry, m-maybe I should. We've just come from the hospital and my wife ... she only has a few weeks left to live. I don't know how to handle it, and I guess they don't either."

Imagine what happens to the other man's sense of anger!

What a difference perspective has .... and how often I, and those around me are so quick to jump to our own defence, and not to consider what might be going on for our 'offender'!

I like to think that I get a little more considered, as the years go by.

This is not a personal attack against any one person but an observation of the loutish, my opinion only, behaviour of members of a dance co at a public event.

DTS XXX XXX
    But I have seen loutish (and worse) behaviour from members of Ceroc but it's still got sweet FA to do with Ceroc taking over a new venue. Am I to presume Ceroc are a bad company because of those few individuals, should I tar them all with the same brush?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Yeah , tar the lot of 'em.

Although, is tarring is too good for 'em ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic hans
    I like this. click.

OH hang on. not facebook. A good point indeed. We all jump to conclusions about people and situations without much thought - humans, bah. Overrated.

When has relevance ever been a requirement of posting on this Forum. I believe Mike shops in John Lewis and Harrods, don't you know.
    I don't believe Mike shops at all. I think that when he gets a pit peckish, he picks up the phone and calls down to Ceroc HQ:

'Bring me the heart of an independent dance teacher!'

and then the Ceroc Nazgul swoop down and destroy some poor innocent who is simply trying to show people the joys of dance.

I think we encountered this before:

PS It sounds like Mike Ellard is the Stig of Ceroc.

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    I don't believe Mike shops at all. I think that when he gets a pit peckish, he picks up the phone and calls down to Ceroc HQ:

'Bring me the heart of an independent dance teacher!'

and then the Ceroc Nazgul swoop down and destroy some poor innocent who is simply trying to show people the joys of dance.
    Yeah but I bet the still beating heart of a recently slaughtered independent dance teacher tastes all the better quaffed down with Ginger Jive ale.

MARVELLOUS.

DTS XXX XXX

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    One Dance to rule them all,
    One Song to find them.
    One Venue to bring them all,
    And in the darkness, bind them.

Dancers take the Liberty to dance, they enjoy the Liberty. Some felt a Liberty was taken from them, others thought it was a Liberty of thiers to enjoy as well.

If you had the Liberty, would you like to make the best use of it and make as much out of your investment as you could?

Is it a personal Liberty or a public Liberty?

As to the Liberty ballroom, has that got anything to do with boxer shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post
    Perspectives!!! Don't ya just luv'em??

"oh ... Oh! I'm sorry, m-maybe I should. We've just come from the hospital and my wife ... she only has a few weeks left to live. I don't know how to handle it, and I guess they don't either."

Imagine what happens to the other man's sense of anger!

What a difference perspective has .... and how often I, and those around me are so quick to jump to our own defence, and not to consider what might be going on for our 'offender'!

What are you saying GJ people knew at the time they didnt have long to live ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    But I have seen loutish (and worse) behaviour from members of Ceroc but it's still got sweet FA to do with Ceroc taking over a new venue. Am I to presume Ceroc are a bad company because of those few individuals, should I tar them all with the same brush?
    Cru darling I in no way whatsoever represent Ceroc in any capacity. I am giving an account of my experience of GJ, if you or any other person have issues with Ceroc take them to Ceroc.

I need not defend Ceroc they have very able champions to do that themselves.

So let me make this crystal clear all the above statements are MY OWN OPINIONS, based on interaction with GJ.

DTS XXX XXX

Cru darling I in no way whatsoever represent Ceroc in any capacity. I am giving an account of my experience of GJ, if you or any other person have issues with Ceroc take them to Ceroc.

I need not defend Ceroc they have very able champions to do that themselves.

So let me make this crystal clear all the above statements are MY OWN OPINIONS, based on interaction with GJ.

DTS XXX XXX
    You're missing the point completely. I didn't say you were representing Ceroc or that I had a problem with Ceroc, I was pointing out that your experience in Blackpool was with individual people not a company.

No it was not I was there, were you there? My weekend was sullied by the loutish behaviour of the owner of GJ and his ill mannered staff and yobish dancers at that time. Things may have changed now, they were asked numerous times to stop blowing the air horns, they were paying punters who had no regard for other punters at the weekend.

The constant bitching of the owners parents and other members of GJ loutish followers sullied the weekend for me, if I can put it any clearer please let me know.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    What are you saying GJ people knew at the time they didnt have long to live ?
    Look! I only took this harbinger of doom job yesterday!!! Stop giving me a hard time, right!!! Lol

No it was not I was there, were you there? My weekend was sullied by the loutish behaviour of the owner of GJ and his ill mannered staff and yobish dancers at that time. Things may have changed now, they were asked numerous times to stop blowing the air horns, they were paying punters who had no regard for other punters at the weekend.

The constant bitching of the owners parents and other members of GJ loutish followers sullied the weekend for me, if I can put it any clearer please let me know.

DTS XXX XXX
    This post seems to me to be unfair, unnecessary and unkind. You've made your point in quite a blunt way, it might be best to leave it there now.

(This is starting to hurt now, any one got any Anadin?)

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    This post seems to me to be unfair, unnecessary and unkind. You've made your point in quite a blunt way, it might be best to leave it there now.
    You left out, a true account of my personal experience at that time.

I am more than willing to leave it there, I intend to dance at a GJ event, next time I am in the area, whence I shall give a true account of my experience then.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

DTS XXX XXX

Thread Information