Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain in the ball of my foot from dancing...

Pain in the ball of my foot from dancing...

Dancing in heels has recently started giving me a bit of a pain in the ball of my foot.

Do you get this? How often? Any remedy tips?

I'm thinking of buying a top of the range foot spa massaging device type thing!? Anyone got one / recommend one?

Re: Pain in the ball of my foot from dancing...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_dB View Post
    Dancing in heels has recently started giving me a bit of a pain in the ball of my foot.

Do you get this? How often? Any remedy tips?

I'm thinking of buying a top of the range foot spa massaging device type thing!? Anyone got one / recommend one?
    Yes, heels certainly make your balls hurt quicker than flats.

I wear Party Feet gel insoles and they help a lot - don't eradicate it but certainly delay it.

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Yes I have one and it's been in the loft for a very long time . . . was a waste of money

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Yes, heels certainly make your balls hurt quicker than flats.

YOu talking about cubans or are you both now dancing in drag?

Ah yes, - I'll look at those party feet cheers Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    Yes I have one and it's been in the loft for a very long time . . . was a waste of money

Thats what I thought most people did with them.

I thought though that dancers might actually make regular use of one.

Why not take it along to the weekender!??

If its a REALLY good one, i'll buy it off you

I see some on Amazon for about £60 - but even at that price the reviews are poor. I see one elsewhere for £100, - I would hope that that would be better, but there's no reviews...

Lee - nope not Cubans (can't speak for rob though

Does anyone know where I can buy dance soles which I could put on a normal pair of trainers?

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

I did take mine on weekenders to begin with but it took too much room in the car. This is a piccy of mine in action with a well known forumite's feet in it (not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

time wounds all heels

Sorry this reply is a little late, just seen the post. I have bought pads for the balls of your feet in Boots/Superdrug by Scholles (sp) they are fabric, very soft and hook over your toe next to your big toe so they stay in place. Much nicer than party feet thingys which i find too hard, oh and these ones also go in the washing machine

Sparkledancer

Does anyone know where I can buy dance soles which I could put on a normal pair of trainers?
    Just go to a good quality cobblers and ask if they do dance soles, I think I paid £9 for mine (inc attaching them to the shoes) and mens were about £11, they had a variety of shades too. Best thing I ever did as I have a lovely pair of comfy sketchers to dance in. Friends have brought the soles from the likes of TJ Houghes and then got the likes of Timpsons to fix them on.

As for foot spa's I have one but find a bowl of water with some bubblebath, footscrubiness and moisurisers work just as well on weekenders (and its space saving as you can pack things into the bowl) x

Aye aye me lover buy a pair of Sorbethin inners, ie running insoles for your shoes, you may have to buy a pair in an extra size. If you buy a couple of pairs you can change your shoes every hour or so as different shoes rub in different places.

Not overly clear this is it? Basically buy a couple of pairs of expensive running, impact absorbing, insoles for yourself. Next buy a couple of pair of new shoes, an extra size larger then fit them all together, change your shoes often, then give it large me lover.

Got there in the end mate.

DTS XXX XXX

Over time the more you dance, the more you get used to the 'pain barrier' as we certainly found out at Breeze when you were going to give up because your feet were hurting....but then you danced through it ..... luckily for me.

.....you should try it with 4.5" stilletto's

Hi Phil_db the party feet gels are good, and also have a look at Scholl ball of feet cushions. Soaking your feet after dancing and masage in some neurophen gel, is good. I have had a foot spa for about three years and have used it about three times, I think they are one of those gadgets that you buy and it lives forever under the stairs, a bowl of warm soapy water and using one of those foot emery boards from time to time is just as good.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    .....you should try it with 4.5" stilletto's
    ..... ..and walking backwards !
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

What make of shoe are you wearing?

I found my old pair of Heavenly's to be the most comfortable shoes I have had. The worst pair were Standout dancewear. They hurt after about an hour.

Thanks Koshka, - i'll ask, - I wouldnt want the standard soles you get on Blochs for example - I did find them too sticky, - i'll see what i can find..

Jay Jay - you provided good motivation for getting over the pain barrier!

Hi Ruby, - I had party feet in during the entire Weekender i've just come back from, - they weren't bad, - although felt slightly weird having this extra raised thing I could feel inside my shoe.

The fabric things sparkledancer has mentioned do sound better - i.e. softer... - i did find partyfeet slightly hard..

That's not a bad idea DTS, thanks - of course i could take the insoles when I try the shoes on in order to get the right fit.

Lee - I wear heavenly dance shoes at the moment - they are lovely - if it wasn't for the heel I'd hardly know i've got them on, - very light and comfortable. I think possibly it's just a case of a lot of dancing on my toes, a hard heel and very thin front of the shoe which has caused my feet to demand a break, - maybe.

BTW They'll just sand off whatever sole the actual shoe has and stick on the dance sole so any shoe will do if that helps x

JJ I'd love to be able to wear sexy heels but as I found when dancing in 1 1/2 inch heels they just make me too tall, "your breasts are lovely but they should not be resting on my shoulders" was the comment from one of my favourite local dancers... hense I went back to flats
    Last edited by Koshka; 8th-October-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks! Actually I did wonder about that!

I was thinking, - if I got a cobbler to stick on a suede sole on to a pair of trainers, - the sole would be thicker than the heel!

For the moment - I think i'm going to go for another pair of Heavenlys, - I really like the latin shoes they do, and they've very comfortable, - but this time i'm going to buy half a size bigger and put a really good insole inside... - i'll go for suede this time, - as my current one are leather, - than i'll have one of each..

Quote Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
    JJ I'd love to be able to wear sexy heels but as I found when dancing in 1 1/2 inch heels they just make me too tall, "your breasts are lovely but they should not be resting on my shoulders" was the comment from one of my favourite local dancers... hense I went back to flats
    Wearing high heels is second nature to me as being vertically challenged it was a matter of having too or nobody knowing I was even there .

Unfortunately I would never in a million years be able to rest my breasts on someones shoulders even with heels on they tend to dig in to peoples belly buttons!
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 8th-October-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    What make of shoe are you wearing?

I found my old pair of Heavenly's to be the most comfortable shoes I have had. The worst pair were Standout dancewear. They hurt after about an hour.
    I think Heavenly are now putting optional extra padding in shoe - sort of like built in 'Party Feet' - not sure if its available in the mens shoes or just for the ladies. I find them quite well padded already anyway.

I also have one pair of Standout shoes - basic WCS sandals, which are also extremely comfortable, so I think it depends on the shoe and how it suits your foot, rather than the make.

To cut down on pain on the balls of the feet (only really an issue for me on weekenders) my methods are -
    - if not dancing - sit down! No standing around for long, I keep all my 'on my feet' time for dancing.
    - change shoes - different shoes can sometimes help
    - comfort insoles for shoes with thin soles (though not with open/sandals and not with shoes already a snug fit)
    - ibuprofen gel on the balls of my feet

Thread Information