Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Ceroc Charity Champs 2009 - Aftermath and Results.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Scottish Ceroc Charity Champs 2009 - Aftermath and Results.

I had a brilliant day time too!
    The Friday dance, was great, the quality of dancers, music and the amazing floor came together to create an amazing experience and wonderful dances.

Saturday started with a real Feel-Good vibe as everyone arrived in a relaxed mood, ready to have a fantastic time. It was obvious that Sheena, Nicola and everyone involved in planning / setting up had worked so hard to make the day as stress-free as possible. Everyone, from competitors to spectators joined in to create an amazingly friendly day.
    Special mentions to Dreadful Scathe and StuartM whose Clown outfits and dancing provided much extra entertainment, the kids were brilliant and so adorable!

As ever, I loved watching the dancing, and whilst I wasn't judging this year, the results matched my personal views, so well done to all the competitors, you delivered some spectacular dancing (I felt the level of musicality was particularly high this year).

By the evening I was shattered and the Blues room provided the perfect way to wind down after the buzz of the day, whilst Nix in the main room kept drawing energy I didn't know I had...

The After-Party-Party back in the Hotel, was as usual fuelled with Champagne, Food and Laughter!

Sunday was simply Yummy!
    The music, the cakes, the dancers, the atmosphere... I couldn't tear myself away.

Overall, an amazing week-end which restored my faith in competitions and the amazing generosity of spirit of dancers... Amazing to think that in those tough times we still managed to raise around £5,000.
    Many people came for the first time to the Scottish Champs and were very impressed, I expect numbers will keep growing and we can make the Ceroc Scotland Champs the best, friendliest and possibly the biggest competition in the UK!

Massive congratulations to Sheena who worked tirelessly, spending weeks and hundreds of pounds of her own money to make sure the event was the best possible advert for Scotland and a success for the Alzheimer Scotland Charity.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Had a great day at champs again this year.
    A big thank you to Sheena and Franck and their team for all the effort and hard work they put in to make it such a success.

Thank you to Sam my lucky dip partner for my fab dances.

A huge thank you to Charlie (yes he was there, very quiet this year I know ) for a fab day out. He makes it so much fun, he gave me a headache laughing.....................nothing to do with the wine guys

Was great catching up with everyone.
    Big congratulations to all who entered and especially all who won their category.
    Fiona xx

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    A huge thank you to Charlie (yes he was there, very quiet this year I know ) for a fab day out. He makes it so much fun, Fiona xx
    Yes he is fantastic, always makes me smile and such fabulous dances
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Phew!!! what a brill day...

huge congraulations to Sheena, Franck and the team for organising such a brilliant event. And Sheena/Nicola for the fab music!!

Of course I must thank Sam, my partner in the Open. I am so lucky to have such a brill partner. Also a wee mention to both Tim, my hubby and Monika, Sam's wife (who was looking stunning yesterday) for putting up with us both. We were both so pleased and very grateful for all the support that we got from everyone. Man, you guys can really shout. It really helped us, nothing beats dancing in front of your home crowd so massive thank you to everyone for this

Lxx
    Huge Congratulations to Lorna & Sam!!! You guys did brilliantly! Really well done and fantastic to see how effortless you pulled off some of those spectacular moves Huge Congratulations to the other winners and finalists as well :-) young Claire is certainly someone to watch in years to come: That girl can move! Well done
    Huge well done to Sheena and Team: Everything was really well organised and the day just so much fun :-) Last year I spent ages lost around the airport area to find the place, but this year there were happy orange Ceroc signs and even kind parking assistants leading the way to the nearest parking spot and pointing at entrance and even where to get out all part of the service...
    Finally: Fantastic to see such wonderful to support to charity in these crunch times :-) Nik & Fi's adorable little ones helping out so much too - very impressed :-) Mx

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monika View Post
    this year there were happy orange Ceroc signs and ...
    Hee, hee, yes they made me smile, too.
    Colin and Steven went over and above the call of duty with that task. (Just as well the charity weren't paying for the duct tape )
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

I had an amazing weekend.
    Really enjoyed the Friday party, great dancing and lots of fun.
    Saturday was just brilliant from start to finish, I loved watching the competition, and had a ball at night, both in the main and the blues room.
    One of my favorite memories is introducing some of our visitors to "500 miles"
    Sunday's tea-dance was great, wonderful cakes and wonderful dances

I really hope we can get more numbers next year and raise even more money.

I've spent this morning counting and the total raised for Alzheimer Scotland is

£5040.98

Thank you all
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Big well done to Jenny and Zuki. See ya at Leeds tomorrow girls?

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Magic Magic Magic !!!!

Thanks to all involved for an amazing weekend A huge big giant hug to Jamie's Dad for making it even more special.

Well done to all of us for raising so much for this charity. My best friend's husband was diagnosed at 50 a few years ago and now doesn't recognise his 10 year-old daughter. Say no more....

Cakes and Sheena's set on Sunday... you can't beat that. Graham had to drag me away as I could have eaten sooo many more of those cakes !!!!!

Fabulous dancers, fabulous people, fabulous weekend

Wendy xxx

PS Only downer was that I lost a diamond from my ring over the weekend. No idea where or when but probably on Sunday.

That's a terrific amount - I take it there are still some sponsorship monies to add to that - I know I still need to get my cheque off to you.

Yes, there are a few bits and bobs still to come in

I loved it loved it loved it!!! My first Champs and it was brilliant, such a good atmosphere. Obviously as I wasn't competing in any of the events, there was no pressure other than to have a good time, eat all the food i'd brought, run around with the video camera and reassure all my mates who were feeling the effects of nerves. It was a real honour to spend the day with you all. Huge congrats to my wee Clairey, and of course, Dave, never doubted for a minute that you'd win!

Blog Entries

What a fab weekend!

Such a great atmosphere both days, with a fun family feel to Saturday and the chilled outness of the tea dance on Sunday. I had so many lovely dances and it was great to see/catch up with some folk I've not seen in such a long time.

Thanks must go to my (un)lucky dip partner - we may not have won (we wiz robbed I tell ya!) but we had such fun trying I'll definitely not hesitate to enter again!

Congratulations to all the competitors who took part - the judges didn't have an easy task but the winners were all very worthy so well done you! It was an absolute pleasure to watch and help raise money for such a good cause at the same time.

Since we are already posting about next year's competition, I better post something about this year's.

I had a fantastic day. Well done to everyone involved - the judges, fellow competitors, the organisers and the audience. All coming together making a perfect day. Everything ran like clockwork, the schedule ran on time and yet again proved that there's just not enough time for all the planned costume changes, never mind that's saved on a lot of laundry this week.

Congratulations to everyone who took part but especially to Lorna & Sam (well overdue), Claire & Dave (an exciting combination and I look forward to watching you two develop over the coming years) Alex & Jillian (the undisputed champions ) Rubyred and Blueshoes (showing complete dedication travelling for over 4 hours after the evening had come to an end - well worth it for me ) and to Alex and the ever stunning Marion.

Special thanks to Jacqui, my lucky dip partner who made this category so much fun for me, an absolute pleasure to meet and dance with you.

Despite everything I said on the day, thanks to Franck and Sheena who succeeded in making this the friendliest and most fun competition I have ever taken part in. I wish you continued sucess in the future and hope that this does become the biggest competition in the UK, though you do have some way to go.

My biggest thanks, of course, go to the most tolerant partner I could wish for, Fiona. She totally understands my lack of comittment in the period leading up to a competition (though I did have an hour this year), and makes it possible for me to have fun on the day without any pressure. The day for me is about having a laugh and entertaining the crowd in some way. She allows me to do this and for this I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

See you all next year .............. ?

Hell yeah.

This is a tad late, but thought I'd say a few things before I forget.

The Scottish Ceroc Champs 2009 was my first ever experience of the event, and given that I was feeling a bit down after Skeggy on the preceding weekend, I can honestly say that I ended up having a great time of it - that Saturday was definitely a very fun and friendly day so I was glad to have been able to make it!

Massive thanks and congratulations on Franck and Sheena for the organisational work and all the efforts in making the event the success it was. To raise 5000 pounds and over for Alzheimer Scotland is a great achievement

It was great to watch some fantastic dancing during the competition from all the competitors giving it a real good go out there. I'd never met Lorna before, but when I did clap my eyes on her during the Open and Lucky Dip, I can clearly see why there is a huge fan base cheering her and her dance partner on, great to watch and well done on the wins!

I really had no expectations other than to just try and have fun on the day with the only category I ended up putting my name down for: Lucky Dip. And for me to partner up with Zuki from Leeds was just fabulous luck, we ended up getting to the Final so I was really chuffed about that (and exhausted by the end of it! )

Thanks to having partnered up with Zuki, I was definitely cheering on both Zuki and Jenny - and they ended up winning Back to Basix!

Perhaps the only downside was with not being able to meet and greet everyone properly (new and familiar faces) - particularly forumites whom I've not yet met in person and I still didn't have a clue as to who they were on the day. E.g. I didn't know Dreadful Scathe and StuartM were the ones with the clown costumes - if I'd had known, I would have come over and said G'day!

Last but not least, I want to thank all the lovely ladies with whom I had some fabulous social dances with on the day - Wendy, Rosie, Zuki, Jenny, Emma, Sheona, Danielle, Claire, Lorna, Jacqui, Penny, Alex and many more whose names I didn't catch!

Where to start?? Still in shock , still in agony...feels like i've been beaten up a couple of times...But it was allll worth it...What an AMAZING day!!!

MAHOOOSIVE thanks to Jillian and Sheena for setting me and Dave up all those 4 weeks ago, without you guys, I probably wouldn't have been there on Saturday and Dave's head probably wouldn't hurt as much.

Crazy big thanks to Lesley and Rona for taking us through, taking videos etc and providing us with lots to eat all day, yummm yumm.

Special little thanks to Pauline and Kayleigh for providing the sound effects for the day and cheering everybody on...really makes you smile when you're dancing away!

Congrats to everyone who won and took part, especially our resident +45's Jillian and Alex and to Lorna and Sam who deserved every bit to win.

Landed 'lucky' in my Lucky Dip partner, massive thank you to CJ for pulling my hair and making every dance more amazing than the last.

And last but not least....GREAT BIG HUGE HUG to Dave who is quite possibly the best dance partner a girl could have

Not a bad day for my 1st year, bring on 2010!!!!!!

BIG LOVE

Claire

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJ View Post
    . E.g. I didn't know Dreadful Scathe and StuartM were the ones with the clown costumes - if I'd had known, I would have come over and said G'day!
    No worries - next time. I didn't get much chance to speak to anyone -I was always going back to check on the children - and we were away very early evening to get them to bed. Everyone had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazibaby View Post
    Also loved the entrepreneurial skills of the young uns who were re-selling their Balloons and Cadbury Chomps unbeknown to their parents…..
    I didn't realise they were being re-sold but i was aware of some price fixing. Peaches was told that one piece of money bought you one balloon - the fact that it was a £5 note was irrelevant

Blog Entries

*what everyone else said*.

Super day out even for a woos like me who has about one dance an hour.

Thanks again to all who put in their time, effort and pennies to make it such a super day.

I feel a bit mean that I got two balloons and two Chomps for ONLY £6!

One fun thing to mention - I had a French chum with me who doesn't know all of the, er, characters, and she was wondering if that slim guy with the backchat was going a bit too far and being a bit mean to Franck.
    I said was probably alright and they would have a square go with a handbag and a sporran round the back later. So then I had to explain what a square go was and why one of them might have a handbag......sooo sorry Charlie, I may have let the cat out of it there

I'll be back too and *shock horror* I might even sign up for the lucky dip next time to make my second ever comp appearance!

And finally - I want to make special lovie mention of chums Wiggly Wendy and Gentle Graham, sooo great to see you pair for gossips AND dances...missing you both already mwah.
    Last edited by Chicklet; 23rd-September-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: forgot a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

I didn't realise they were being re-sold but i was aware of some price fixing. Peaches was told that one piece of money bought you one balloon - the fact that it was a £5 note was irrelevant
    She was only doing what her mummy had told her.

All for a good cause, I thought she was really clever...and cute. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post

My biggest thanks, of course, go to the most tolerant partner I could wish for, Fiona. She totally understands my lack of comittment in the period leading up to a competition (though I did have an hour this year), and makes it possible for me to have fun on the day without any pressure. The day for me is about having a laugh and entertaining the crowd in some way. She allows me to do this and for this I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

Awwww thats dead sweet, I love this guy.
    Same goes for me too......great fun, thats what its all about .

No doubt you'll be back to normal tomorrow after that emotional outburst xx

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post

....sooo sorry Charlie, I may have let the cat out of it there
    ........that particular cat hasn't even seen a bag for such a long time.

I'm sure than Franck took it all in the spirit it was intended and besides, he's not a judge, so I figure I can say what I want ( he can't hear most of it from the stage).

Thread Information