Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Ceroc Charity Champs 2009 - Aftermath and Results.

Scottish Ceroc Charity Champs 2009 - Aftermath and Results.

Phew!!! what a brill day...

huge congraulations to Sheena, Franck and the team for organising such a brilliant event. And Sheena/Nicola for the fab music!!

I had the luckiest day ever, I was paired up with Alex for the Lucky Dip, and he was just fab and we danced our socks off so big thanks to Alex for helping make this year even more memorable for me.

Of course I must thank Sam, my partner in the Open. I am so lucky to have such a brill partner. Also a wee mention to both Tim, my hubby and Monika, Sam's wife (who was looking stunning yesterday) for putting up with us both. We were both so pleased and very grateful for all the support that we got from everyone. Man, you guys can really shout. It really helped us, nothing beats dancing in front of your home crowd so massive thank you to everyone for this

Need to also mention both Pauline and Kayleigh. I had a bad case of cramp in my leg and toe an hour before the final and Pauline worked wonders on it, so thanks hunny. And Kayleigh for lending me her waistcoat. Cheers love!! (This saved a lot of embarrassment for Sam )

Thank you also to Phil Webb who I had the pleasure of dancing with in the Jack and Jill. He was so lovely and very patient with me. Never had the pleasure of dancing with him and was trying hard to compliment his dancing.

Thank you to everyone I met and danced with yesterday and apologies for anyone I missed but I had to go as I had burned myself out.

Huge congratulations to all the winners, especially Dave , my demo, and Claire in the Intermediates. So proud of you both!

Great weekend - if you weren't there then you missed out on both a fab time and of course the opportunity to raise money for charity.

Lxx

Anyone posted complete results.

Couldn't make this one, but would be interested to see the complete results.

Anyone got any info?

G.

Re: Scottish Ceroc Charity Champs 2009

What a fantastic weekend!

Friday night pre-comp party fantastic fun....huge thankyou to Gadget for giving me and Kayleigh a lift, to everyone for my fantastic dances .... and to John for looking after us with somewhere to stay...big hugs xxx

Saturday was a fantastic day my voice is suffering today....lol

I could probably spend forever thanking everyone for making the day so fantastic so to everyone huge hugs! Massive hugs to Neil my lucky dip partner who was just amazing! xxx

Congratulations to everyone especially....Lorna and Sam, Jillian and Alex, Claire and David,Charlie and Fiona!

and to everyone else who won,reached finals and generally took part!

It was an amazing day!

to everyone that worked so hard to make the weekend so fantastic massive massive thanks there are to many of you to mention but you all know who you are.

Luv Pauline xxx

What a great event and I understand that the last count there was around £5000 for the charity, now that is really impressive. Thank you to Sheena and Franck for organising the day, I loved the music, it was so varied and made the competition more interesting by having a wider scope of music to dance to.

I have always loved dancing in Scotland, not only are you guys great dancers, everyone I have met is friendly and welcoming and I had a ball, thank you. It was also nice to meet some of the people on here and get to say a proper hello to you instead of the virtual hellos on the forum. Thank you to everyone who danced with me I enjoyed every single dance. I would like to mention a few though Kazibaby and CJ , [who put us up and let me have a lovely restful morning of the champs] Yliander, Drathzel, Tiger Pants, Dance Demon, [ the Friday Red Hot and Blue night was great, lovely music to dance to!!]pmjd, Gadget, Firefly,Whitetiger, Isis, Little Black Dress, Aurion, Lorna, Aussie J the list could go on but it wont, and I hope we meet again soon.

I am more than a little chuffed with my place with Blueshoes in the Advanced, down right ecstatic would be a good description, and still smiling all today as well!!

I would like to say a big well done to all the competitors and congratulations to all the winners.

Last but by no means least thank you to Blueshoes, for driving us there and back, for supplying me with red bull and energy drinks, for nagging me to hurry up,for making sure I didn't forget everything like I usually do glasses!! mobile phone !! keys !! shoes but most of all for being a brilliant dance partner and making the competitions great fun to do.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Congratulations to all
    The results were as follows:
    (Forum names in brackets)

LUCKY DIP
    Winners: Aleksander Kvam & Lorna Baker (Lorna)
    Runners Up: CJ & Claire Courtney

BACK TO BASIX
    Winners: Zuki Savage & Jenny Adams
    Runners Up: Charlie Thomson & Fiona Edwards (Tigerpants and Peaches)

45+
    Winners: Alex Lamont & Jillian Nelson (Diamond Geezer and Petal)
    Runners Up: Colin McGregor & Wendy Law (Jammy's dad and Wendy)

INTERMEDIATE
    Winners: David Milne & Claire Courtney
    Runners Up: Filipe De Barros & Jacqui Bush

ADVANCED
    Winners: Aleksander Kvam & Marion Bentley (mazzy star)
    Runners Up: Frank Newton & Rosemarie O'Shaughnessy (Blueshoes and Rubyred)

OPEN
    Winners: Sam Elessar & Lorna Baker (Lorna)
    Runners Up: Aleksander Kvam & Marion Bentley (mazzy star)

SHOWCASE
    Winners: Phil & Alex Motley

INVITATIONAL JACK & JILL
    Winners: Jamie McGregor (Jammy) & Sheona Anderson
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I could ask who won "Best Clown" but it was StuartM wasn't it

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    At least in dance terms, I was in character

Plenty of pics, when I have a spare moment I'll try to post some up.

An Eclectic Toaster

Some photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    your were next best clown if I was voting hun the little ones had to come in first place they were just adorable..........x

Huge congratulations to Lorna for winning not one, but two categories, & also Dave for winning the intermediate: have you guys got sore faces from smiling so much yet?

We really enjoyed the day - rather less nervous than last year, and absolutely delighted that the day raised so much money for a cause very dear to my heart, and special thanks to Sam & Lorna (and all the others who followed their lead) for returning their prize money!

Was really chuffed to get to the final of the lucky dip, although with a partner like mine, all I had to do was stand still and not do much! Really good to have my adopted city of aberdeen cheering me on - thanks guys.

So, apart from a minor, ahem, wardrobe malfunction, a lovely day. See you all soon x

Quote Originally Posted by blackisleboy View Post
    So, apart from a minor, ahem, wardrobe malfunction
    What was that then? No brown trousers?
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    He did say he was less nervous!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    we tried our best to find matching brown trousers, but no success - matching pink shirts at least!

It may have been rumoured by our competitors that during the final move of the intermediate round I, ever so slightly, split my trousers. I, however, couldn't possibly comment...

Well done to all the winners and runners-up.…

No controversial decisions in my eyes. Each of the couples more than deserved their placing and I thoroughly enjoyed watching their performances.

Also worth mentioning that some of the costumes were fantastic; in particular Marion, who looked stunning every time she took to the dance floor!

I took a few videos on the day which may appear on Facebook soon….so far RubyRed and Blueshoes as well as Firefly and her lucky dip partner can be viewed…. Hopefully get a vid or two of CJ and Claire Courtney up there too.

Also loved the entrepreneurial skills of the young uns who were re-selling their Balloons and Cadbury Chomps unbeknown to their parents…..

All in all a great day out – huge thanks to Sheena, Franck and co…

I had a really good weekend of dancing Some dances I wished lasted for the same "two minutes" that girlie's take to get ready {}

Thank you doesn't seem to cover it, but my heartfelt thanks go to each and every partner I danced with that made the weekend {especially the Lucky dip partner that took me to the finals }

Only down thing for me was that I seemed to get drained quicker than normal - only four or five tracks before I was looking for a break I blamed the heat, but the Doc's prognoses was old age

... oh, and "go Aberdeen" - well done all.

Many thanks to Franck and Sheena for making the weekend so memorable. Thanks to all the people I danced with. Lovely to see Kazi Baby, CJ, Yliander, Lou Lou Baby, Ruby Red and White Tiger to name but a few.

I have now posted the playlist for the Competition here.

I had a really good weekend of dancing Some dances I wished lasted for the same "two minutes" that girlie's take to get ready
    mm.......wasn't it worth waiting for hee hee!

This is the "thanks" post

Huge thanks to Nix, Colin, Stephen and Gadget, who joined Franck and I at the venue on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning, doing anything and everything that was asked of them.

To Obi and Laura for keeping everything running smoothly, with the judging system, and for getting the results out so quickly.

To all of the judges (who give their time freely, and finance their own travel and accommodation for the weekend).

To Nix' door crew who helped out on the front desk on Saturday night when Nix transferred across to DJ-ing the main room

To our "dancing bakers" who raised a further £75 selling their wares at the Sunday afternoon Tea-dance.

To the two dancers who gave me donations to the charity, totaling an amazing £700.

To Fitness Fashions for their donation.

To Frances and Nix for running the half marathon for Alzheimer Scotland, between them adding another £650 to our total.

To the prizewinners who gave back their cheques

To Franck for being an amazing wee mascot he's promised new jokes for next year

And finally, thanks to all who attended, from near and far, whether competing or just coming along to cheer your friends, dance a bit, and help us to raise more money for Alzheimers Scotland.

See you all next year.

Huge thanks to Sheena, Franck and everyone involved in putting on such a great comp.

Aleks, Warren and I and all our friends from London and the South East had a fantastic weekend and were made to feel very welcome. The Ceroc Scotland Champs has a very well-deserved reputation as one of the friendliest and fun competitions and I hope to return next year...with some new dresses maybe!
    (Thanks Kazibaby for such a lovely compliment!)

Extra thanks to Sheena for one of the best playlists and to Aleks for allowing me to coast on his success once again

PS Are any photos/vids likely to make their way onto Facebook? xx

Thread Information